Your least expensive trip

Pastalady

Mouseketeer
Hi! Wondering what is the least you can get away with paying for Disney? I'm guessing most of us Canadians have to fly. We are trying to get a December trip in on the cheap. We usually stay on site at Disneyland since we are coming from Calgary. If free dining is offered I may be able to stay at a budget DW resort and come out ahead. Otherwise it's California as the following. <br>

Flights (using my companion fare from credit card) 1000 for 3 of us, hoping to come a bit under.<br>
Super 8 seems my best deal right now at 126 Canadian a night times 5 = 630 <br>
4 days one park a day for 2 adults 3 kids through AMA = 1050 roughly I believe. <br>
500 American cash we have already for dining. We are doing CS and are not big eaters. My kid mostly eats a granola bar for breakfast, an okay lunch and a banana and yogurt for dinner. My husband and I eat pretty much the same. A few Mickey bars thrown in too! So 100 a day.<br>
Airport transfers, maybe super shuttle through Expedia 17x3 = both ways 120 including tip? <br>
DD will have money for souvenirs already. <br>
Am I crazy to think we can do this for 2680 Canadian? We have our American cash for food and souvenirs like mentioned.<br>
We typically spend about 5500 but really want to get this December trip in, and this is the budget!<br>
So, have you done trips this cheaply before? With our economy and the dollar I will be happy to hear if anyone has succeeded!

Hi! Wondering what is the least you can get away with paying for Disney? I'm guessing most of us Canadians have to fly. We are trying to get a December trip in on the cheap. We usually stay on site at Disneyland since we are coming from Calgary. If free dining is offered I may be able to stay at a budget DW resort and come out ahead. Otherwise it's California as the following. <br>

Flights (using my companion fare from credit card) 1000 for 3 of us, hoping to come a bit under.<br>
4 days one park a day for 2 adults 3 kids through AMA = 1050 roughly I believe. <br>
500 American cash we have already for dining. We are doing CS and are not big eaters. My kid mostly eats a granola bar for breakfast, an okay lunch and a banana and yogurt for dinner. My husband and I eat pretty much the same. A few Mickey bars thrown in too! So 100 a day.<br>
Airport transfers, maybe super shuttle through Expedia 17x3 = both ways 120 including tip? <br>
Am I crazy to think we can do this for 2680 Canadian? We have our American cash for food and souvenirs like mentioned.<br>
We typically spend about 5500 but really want to get this December trip in, and this is the budget!<br>
So, have you done trips this cheaply before? With our economy and the dollar I will be happy to hear if anyone has succeeded!
Error, should say 2 adults 1 kid lol.

I think your math might be off:
Flights: $1000
Hotel: $630
Tickets: $1050
Transfers: $120
Total = $2800 and that's if your transfers and ticket quotes were in CDN and not USD.
+ your $500 in US cash

So, you're actually doing a trip for $3450 Canadian - yes, I realize you already have the cash.

$100/day is not a lot to budget for food and incidentals - especially when you're talking Disney prices for food. How are you getting to/from the parks when you're there?

I don't think I would attempt it with such a tight budget, but that's just me. I'm on vacation, so I don't want to have to think about budgeting and saving money for food. We budget $200/day for food and souvenirs.

Yes, I'm not counting the spending money we already have. It's left over from last trip but it does count in the total so I should add it in. <br>

I think we will be okay for 100 food. The motel has free breakfast. We will eat one counter service meal maybe flos or holly jolly for lunch. I think from last time I remember we are fine with two adult meals split between the three of us. We are pretty light eaters. Even splitting meals there is no way we can do two big Mel's a day, so we try to force DD into at least a banana, yogurt and muffin for dinner. Usually we buy those from the fruit carts, etc so like 10 at most. Even with a snack we always come home with extra from that 100/day.<br>

We will walk to park, disboards seems like some people say 10 min walk, some say 20 depending on your kid I think. Toddlers are slow lol. <br>

We usually do blue bayou dinner packages, and lots of character meals. This is the fourth trip in three years so we are kind of over that. We just want to ride and see the shows and soak in the Christmas atmosphere<br>

Of course now my DH is wanting to stay on site lol! So there goes the budget lol!

We will walk to park, disboards seems like some people say 10 min walk, some say 20 depending on your kid I think. Toddlers are slow lol. <br>

Walk from a Super 8? That is not possible, you would need a rental car. There is no hotel you can walk to all 4 parks from.

You will not be able to walk to all 4 parks regardless if you are staying on site or not...Disneyworld property is approx 47 square miles! It's not the same as DL where you can walk across the street and you are there...unless you are referring to going to DL?

Walk from a Super 8? That is not possible, you would need a rental car. There is no hotel you can walk to all 4 parks from.

You will not be able to walk to all 4 parks regardless if you are staying on site or not...Disneyworld property is approx 47 square miles! It's not the same as DL where you can walk across the street and you are there...unless you are referring to going to DL?

Since the OP mentioned both Flo's and Blue Bayou, they are definitely talking about Disneyland and not WDW.

I Think $100 a day is reasonable for DL dining. The QS is way better and the portions are huge. You could easily split meals.

Disneyland, not world. The best thing about the land is its so accessible! The motels are across the street from the gates:)

Yup, Disneyland as mentioned.

I think you can do it... our fall trip was pretty budget on a lot of things- I got the Anaheim Plaza on travelocity for $1100 for 7 nights, passes we had to buy 2 hoppers and had one from airmiles, I'd see about getting a cheap rental car - ours was a bit cheaper than transfers, and that way we went and got groceries. If your hotel covers breakfast that's good. we at brekkie and lunch from the groceries and then ate 1 meal at the parks (shared 2 adult, drank water) We did do a HP and BB Fantasmic package, so taking out those, yes I'd say you can do your budget trip

We booked in June for 2 adults, 6 day park pass, 7 days in value resort, free 1 quick service meal deal. $4000

I think it was a decent price.

Double check that free breakfast at the Super 8. When we stayed at a Super 8 within walking distance of Disneyland, the entire 'free breakfast' offering was literally two boxes of glazed donuts.

Our DL trip was way cheaper than WDW by far: NOV 2013
Ferry, hotel w/parking, & flights YVR to LAX $1350 CAD (2A 1C)
Hotel in Anaheim Ramada Maingate $576 CAD (includes plentiful breakfast)
5day parkhoppers (2A 1C) FREE with Airmiles
Rountrip airport tranfers $60USD
$1000 USD spending $$ for meals and souvenirs (came home with $200USD)
We walked to Target and got a case of water to take to the park. DH shared most meals so counter service was about $50 a day for lunch & dinner for all of us.

WDW on Nov 2015 was about $6500 CAD with free 7 day base tickets free from airmiles. Flights from YYJ were $2437 for 3 of us, AoA LM room was $1173USD for 8 nights plus about $1800 spending money. We ate brefast in our room (Muffins cereal from home) share counter service most days, splurged on Crystal Palace breakfast for our last day at MK.

Did you end up booking this trip? We have December 2016 booked at WDW, 7 days with 4 days park hopper and free dining - 2 A, 1C - $2300 USD. We still have to book flights, last I checked they were about $700 from Detroit. This is for a moderate resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter