Your Home on the Range box office predictions

airlarry!

Did you know some ferns date back to Prehistoric t
It's time for the monthly Disney animated feature box office predictions...this time it is the new Country music themed, Roseanne-starring, "Home on the Range."

If you haven't heard about it, here's the official website, and if you haven't why are you reading this site and thread?

First prize: Autographed copy of Michael Ei$ner's new book, "My Life Lessons from Central Park";

Second prize: Certified and authenticated collection of bottles containing water from each mildewed water ride at WDW, including "Pirates," "IASW," and a special vial containing rust from the water at "20,000 Leagues."

Third prize: Personal tour of New Hampshire from our friend, Jim Hill, including a behind the scenes look at how New Hampshire was not in the running for any Disney parks, and a five minute presentation on the contributions New Hampshirites have made to the Disney Animation Legacy;

Contest will end at nooooooooooon on April 2. You are guessing how much Home will earn on its first full official weekend of release, and how much it will earn total box office after the last weekend in May (about two months).

My guess: $14m open, $75 total.

I would be more confident with my guess if The Passion were out of the theaters, but my gut is that the Palm & Easter weekends will be big for Passion, drawing ticket sales away.

But I'll go with 19 mil opening, 101 total.

My guess would be a opneing of 14 million with a total take of 65 million.
PS-Maybe its me, but i dont thinkThe Passion of the Christ and Home on the Range are going after the same demographic of viewers and with the move into its 5th week i cant see how that would affect Home on the Range at all.

My thought process about the Passion was that only so many people are going to the movies at any one time. Due to the Easter holiday, maybe parents that have been waiting to see the Passion will go then rather then go see HotR with their kids. I'm just looking at it from a total customer base point of view, not competing demographics.

Originally posted by Bob O
Maybe its me, but i dont thinkThe Passion of the Christ and Home on the Range are going after the same demographic ....
I would heartily agree! :p

Looks like Mr. Show will win the lowest bid award. ;) Come on, what's your real guess? Will anybody bid more than $100 million? This might set a record for the lowest DIS board predictions...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter