your favourite Disney restaurant?

wideeyes

<font color=purple>Won't use fake tan, wants to st
Hi, I have decided to start my planning on which restaurants I would like to go to at Disney and there is so many.. There is lots that I like the sound of like the California grill and Le Cellier Steak house, so which is your favourite and what is a must do for a newbie at wdw?

Tepanyaki, Japan, World Showcase, Epcot - definitely worth a visit. Depending on when you like to eat, I believe that lunch is quite a bit cheaper than dinner and just as good (if you like to save a little money...).

Boo

I love Crystal Palace in MK, its a buffet and the food is lovely! They do a great selection so there will something for everyone. Its also a character buffet so Winnie the pooh, tigger etc come round the tables to say hello.

I agree that Crystal Palace is great for a character meal.

We always go to Le Cellier, Hollywood Brown Derby and Flying Fish Cafe as these are our favourites.

Jiko's wins hands down for us - much nicer than CG - in our opinion.

Our favs are Brown Derby, CRT, Liberty Tree Tavern, Boma, Jiko and Donald's Breakfastousaurus.

Hi there,

We went to CG and had a lovely meal and really enjoyed watching the MK Fireworks from the deck. We didn't think this meal would be beaten by any other place.

However then we had dinner at Jiko and we were completely blown away. It was amazing. So amazing in fact that we went back for another dinner later in the holiday and had another excellent meal.

As far as characters goes I would also tip the Crystal Palace. The food was suprising good and Winnie the Pooh and co we're great. But they may just be because they are the best characters ;)

Cheers,
Stephen.

The best food for us was Boma, the best experience (surprisingly given the not brilliant reviews, and the fact we've only got one too cool DS, 5) was CRT!

We really enjoyed Le Cellier, Boma and CRT. I know that it gets some really bad reviews, but we loved Sci-Fi :thumbsup2

Jiko at the AKL is awesome as well as Citrico's at the GF. Citrico's does a lovely wine paring option with your meal that is wonderful. I love to just order several appetizers at Jiko with a bottle of one of their South African wines. Both have great atmosphere. :sunny:

I love Le Cellier, Claire. Not a favourite of ours, but still a great restaurant with wonderful CMs and delicious food. My favourite restuarant is probably Bistro de Paris at the France pavillion of Epcot. It's expensive, but the food is incredible and the service is exceptional. You can't beat the great views for Illuminations, either.

Another favourite of ours is Narcoossee's at the GF. Great setting and food. We weren't keen on Jiko, and whilst we enjoyed California Grill it wasn't worth the hype.

:wizard:

purely because my kids adored it...
chef mickeys

tracy

i quite enjoyed it too :cheer2: :cheer2:

Horses for courses I guess.

That having been said Victoria and Alberts is the best on Disney, by a country mile, but you pay for it.

After that I would say CG is next. We've been there many times along with most others including Jiko, but we were very disappointed last time we were there, and in fact the previous time we felt the same.

Not sure what it is to be honest, I personally find the menu a bit un-inspiring. Whilst to the americans it might be different and ethnic (no offense meant), I think to us brits it is not.

CG is very buzzing and I really like this but, at the same time it won't be to everyone's tastes.

Le Cellier is also quite good I think when you consider it is in a park, which is normally the kiss of death as far as getting anything edible let alone pleasant!

Finally though you can't beat ESPN at Boardwalk! Beer, burgers and large screen sports - what's not to like ;) ;)

Boss Hogg said:
We've been there many times along with most others including Jiko, but we were very disappointed last time we were there, and in fact the previous time we felt the same
I think I may be part of the "we" here, but I'm not sure that I totally agree. I was a tad underwhelmed when we were there in May last year (certainly not very disappointed), but I think that's probably more to do with the fact that we've eaten at Jiko several times than anything else. The first time I went there I was blown away and we went back again during the same trip. Also, we've been to so many wonderful restaurants, both in the UK and the US, that it takes a lot to wow us these days (a bit sad, really). For that reason, I tend not to join in this type of thread. Now that I'm here, though...;)

Victoria and Albert's, without question, is the best restaurant at WDW. Whether it's to your taste or not is another matter, of course. It took us many, many trips to get around to it, mainly because Matt couldn't be persuaded to pack a jacket for one meal. When my brother decided he wanted to go there for his 40th birthday, however, he had little choice. Ever since, it's the first thing to go in the suitcase! If you're a true foodie, it's a 'must-do'. Maybe (and only maybe) not the best overall experience at WDW (just a teeny weeny bit stuffy), but absolutely, categorically the best food.

Other than V&A's, California Grill and bluezoo slightly nudge ahead of a raft of others which I'd place 'next best' - Jiko, Flying Fish Cafe, Artist's Point, Citricos, Wolfgang Puck's.

None of the park options would feature in my 'favourites' list, but that's not to say we don't enjoy them. Le Cellier isn't a bad choice.

We've eaten at many, many WDW restaurants. Narcoossee's and Bistro de Paris (not Chefs de France, where we have eaten) are two that I've always wanted to try, but haven't yet got around to. We'd never eaten at Alfredo's until January. It gets dreadful reviews, but I like to make up my own mind. Well, it deserves the bad reviews - over-priced and a dreadful canteen-like atmosphere (a huge cavernous space, despite the grandeur). I'm still glad we tried it, though. 'Ohana is one which has never appealed, despite its cult status, but I'd like to try at some stage. Beaches and Cream I don't get at all. It's a tiny, clinical ice-cream parlour/burger joint.

Boss Hogg said:
Finally though you can't beat ESPN at Boardwalk! Beer, burgers and large screen sports - what's not to like ;) ;)

Now THATS more like me - staying there for the 1st time in August, hope Julie and Josh are happy touring the parks without me :rolleyes:

Don't have a lot of experience as we stay off - site then eat our evening meal off-site too.

But my vote is for Boma

I'm going to back up Deb and say Bluezoo was spectacular for food and service, although the price tag can be a little high, but it is comparable to a trendy London restaurant for style and food. Me and Dh loved this for our date night meal. Having said that, this trip I will be trying California Grill and Le Cellier as these two get the most consistently good reviews. I will be interested to see if they live up to the hype, have fun choosing,
Claire xx

Flying Fish Cafe - no "stuffy" atmosphere but class "A" food and very friendly servers.

plus very nice ice cream shop next door :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter