Your Favorite DVC?

aubeone

DIS Veteran
I was hoping people could describe thier favorite DVC property. This would be helpful to us potential DVC buyers/renters.

:banana:

OKW is our home resort and by far our favorite. Very quiet and laid back, perfect for a somewhat (this is Disney, after all! ;) ) relaxed vacation. Spacious rooms, nice decorative touches (bright, but not cloying), lovely grounds. We enjoy Olivia's for meals and use the hot tub on a nightly basis! We taken many trips there with our family and extended family and everyone enjoys it tremendously. OKW captured our hearts at first glance and shows no signs of letting go anytime soon! :goodvibes

It depends on what I'm looking to do for my trip. I own at BWV and that's my favorite if we're their during Flower and Garder or Wine and Food fests. Yes, I Know BCV is closer to Epcot then BWV but it just doesn't do anything for DW or my. If we're looking for a nice relaxing vacation, where we just want to get away we love OKW.

but we stay at all of them.
Can't beat BWV for being able to walk to MGM and Epcot and a kazillion restaruants. It is our favorite place to be. :love:

SSR for walking to DTD :banana:

OKW for a little quiet time :)

VWL for its atmosphere :cool1: :cool1:

BCV also for being able to walk to MGM and EPCOT and for SAB :sunny:

RAD said:
It depends on what I'm looking to do for my trip. I own at BWV and that's my favorite if we're their during Flower and Garder or Wine and Food fests. Yes, I Know BCV is closer to Epcot then BWV but it just doesn't do anything for DW or my. If we're looking for a nice relaxing vacation, where we just want to get away we love OKW.

I agree. We own at both BWV and SSR. It's hard to beat BWV during the F+W or if you have a group more interested in Epcot/MGM. OKW is a very relaxing vacation. SSR is nice for adults with it's proximity to DTD. And I'm sure when we have our future grandkids, VWL will be popular with it being closer to MK.

My Fav resorts are:

VWL just the theming is everything there. VWL is actually my fav resort I love everything about that resort :love: but then when I go on vacation, my resort is the place I want to go to relax and get just "get away" from it all.

SSR for atmosphere - I just love the layout, colors, the general feel of the resort.

OKW is the other resort I've stayed in, and you can't beat it for the space - great when traveling w/ family, or when you only have a few points left, but I've lived in a couple places that look like OKW so the theming doesn't do anything for me.

My home resort is actually BCV - but I've never stayed there. I have visited a couple of times, but other then the how close it is to Epcot, there's nothing there for me. Personally, I should have sold it and bought into SSR, but I have a hard time giving up anything Disney once I get it.

Our favorite is Old Key West for its style, laid back atmosphere, value and villa size. Second is BCV, where we also own, for its location, SAB and overall theming of the BC/YC/BCV resorts. Third our list would be VWL again because of its location and exceptional theming. Don't own there (yet!)

There are none so far that we do not like. Have not been to HH or SSR (next January!). But if we force rank them favorite to least favorite --

1. OKW - top DVC resort for us (tied with Poly and AKL as top WDW resorts)

2. BCV
3. VWL

4. VB
5. BWV

6. SSR
7. HH

The gaps are intentional. For example 2 and 3 are close in our minds but are clearly a different level from OKW. The resorts at the bottom are not bad, and I expect to enjoy stays at each in the future. But the attributes that put them at the bottom for us are location at HH (too far from the Disney action); and least interesting, loss of old DI at SSR.

This is fun!! Thanks for asking...I love seeing everyone's choices, and why.

We love BCV...I love the theming, colors, proximity to Epcot, and having an actual beach to sit on at night and watch the stars, fireworks, or whatever...it is very romantic at night!! I love the bench swings that they "sometimes" have set up on the beach. I love SAB!! I love feeling the sand between my toes in the water, and watching my dd build sand castles for hours. I love seeing Illuminations over the Beach Club roof when I am at SAB on a summer evening. I love having the self-park so close to the entrance to the hotel. I love the Marketplace...the clothing...the gelato...yummm!!! And, speaking of yummm....I LOVE Beaches 'n Cream!!! Those hamburgers and onion rings are the best at WDW!! I love having a character breakfast in our hotel (very convenient). I love that the kids' meals at Hurricane Hannas come in a bucket with a shovel (that way I don't have to pack a set). I love watching the artist in the lobby draw. I love relaxing in the Solarium with a cup of hot chocolate on a winter's evening. I could go on, and on!!

We also love VWL in the winter....it is pretty perfectly Christmastime!! I also enjoy taking the boat to MK....it takes me back to my childhood. I'm currently trying to talk dh into a small add-on there. I think I am really going to miss not staying there at least a night or two this trip.

We like BWV a lot, but get homesick when we look across the lake and see BCV....so, we don't plan on staying there in the future.

Those three are our favorites....we prefer the "attached" hotels rather than the condo-style resorts.

Now, I have a question for you....which one do you think will be your favorite (and why)?

:wave:

Beca

We like OKW for the spacious units & the relaxed feel of the resort. It's very much like a little town. We like that you can park in front of your unit.

We like the BWV & BCV for their proximity to the Boardwalk & all it offers, and also for their proximity to MGM & Epcot. BCV has the added, & cozy,rustoic decor. attracton of Stormalong Bay.

We like VWL for its serene feel, proximity to the MK & its cozy, rustic decor.

We really choose the resort based on the type of vacation we're looking for.

I love reading this! It's great to get different perspectives on a favorite DVC resort and why. Especially if you're like us - planning to buy a DVC contract and planning a first-time-to-WDW trip.

Please keep responding! :cheer2:

SSR-because it's my home and close to DTD. The pool is also beautiful and the resort has a new feel to it. :cheer2:

Well, I own at VWL - have stayed at OKW - and staying at SSR in December.

Not stayed BCV, BWV, VB or, HH, but want to. However I have stayed at BC hotel and liked it.

I think when I've stayed at all, my favourites will be in the following order:

VWL
OKW
SSR (the top 3 because of the relaxing theming - don't know which I'll prefer between SSR and OKW yet)

then:
HH: Have always wanted to go there for a relaxing holiday - the theming looks lovely and we would enjoy the activities. But - we've already planned the next three trips so it probably won't be until 2008.

VB - would be a lovely break after WDW
BCV (like the area, but pool area not as relaxing as the others)
BWV (again great area but I don't think I would like it as much as BCV because that clown in the pool reminds me of that Stephen King movie)

Favorite resort: Hilton Head--I love the setting, love the decor, and the studios are by far the largest of any DVC resort.

Favorite WDW resort: It depends. I know that BWV is my least favorite. I love the location of BCV (and I like Beaches and Cream and Cape May Cafe), but I like the pace and the size of the rooms at OKW. Haven't stayed at VWL, but I think I would love that.

Beca said:
Now, I have a question for you....which one do you think will be your favorite (and why)?

:wave:

Beca
I'd like to answer this too if that's alright.
Well, we haven't bought yet (we will soon), but from all the pictures I've seen and reports I've read, I do have a top three which I think will be our favorites. These are in no particular order.

BCV - the beach decor and theme is so attractive, and SAB of course, which eventually our kids will be old enough to fully enjoy.

OKW - the size of the rooms is very appealing; nice and relaxed atmosphere; almost all rooms have a pleasant view (golf course, water, trees, etc); and lets face it, it's nice to have enough room for everyone on those big, private patios!

VWL - talk about theme and grandeur - WOW! :earseek:

Of course I change my mind about these things all the time, like 5 times a day, so if you ask me tomorrow, or 30 minutes from now, you could be lookin at an entirely different top three from me. CRAZY! :rotfl:

The things that make DVC vacations special to me is how you feel like you're in the center of the action -- you're not staying at some hotel somewhere -- you're staying just steps outside the theme park -- you can even see the theme park from your hotel. That's why BWV is my favorite, with BCV a close second. We love VWL as well. While the access to the MK park isn't quite as direct as access to Epcot and D-MGM from BWV and BCV, the beautiful lake and grounds make up for that little bit of additional transit.

I love the BCVs. Every time I stay there, it feels like home to me. I would be happy hanging out by the SAB, going to beaches n' cream, Cape May Cafe, visiting the Marketplace, strolling over to the Boardwalk or Epcot all week.

I bought into the BWVs because I love the atmosphere there too.

I love the Wilderness Lodge for Christmas, but didn't like the area or feel of the Villas. Love walking into the lobby though! Plus, it's a convenient boatride to the MK. That was my reason for looking into purchase DVC in the first place! Now, we're going to rent a room there for 3 nights, then head over to the BWVs to finish out our vacation.

Helton Head. The kids like this resort better then going to WDW. They might so many kids to play with and the staff was better then any micky

paults said:
but we stay at all of them.
Can't beat BWV for being able to walk to MGM and Epcot and a kazillion restaruants. It is our favorite place to be. :love:

SSR for walking to DTD :banana:

OKW for a little quiet time :)

VWL for its atmosphere :cool1: :cool1:

BCV also for being able to walk to MGM and EPCOT and for SAB :sunny:
This is pretty much the same reasons why we like the various hotels. We try to book based on what type of vacation we think we'll be wanting. Some thing more relaxed will take us to OKW. If we want to be more in the "thick" of things, then we do BWV or BCVs. Romance????VWL. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter