Your Favorite DVC Property and Why

I want to thank you all for your wonderful feedback. I wish I could say that you have made my decision easier. ;)

Actually, you did. I knew before posted that no matter where we stay we will have good time and you have all confirmed that. We have decided to go for OKW this time around. We chose OKW because of the larger rooms and lower price and because BCV will be crowded because of the Food and Wine Festival.

Thank you all again.
:wave:

I hope that after my first trip I will say that my home resort SSR is my favorite. We just joined DVC and have never stayed at a DVC resort. But - here is an uneducated personal opinion

1. VWL - We loved the theme of WL when we stayed last October. Absolutely fell in love with the place and plan on staying at VWL soon. Of all the themes, it is our favorite

2. BWV or BCV - Since Epcot is my favorite park, I think it would be so great to stay at one of these resorts and just be able to walk over to Epcot - especially during the food & wine festival. Also - after Illuminations to just be able to walk back to your hotel

The only DVC resort (within WDW) we have not walked through is OKW, but it sounds great. Our plan is to stay at them all, so I am sure my views will change. My favorite will probably be the one that I stayed at most recently :)

I guess my "favourite" is OKW, mostly for nostalgic reasons as it was my first DVC stay and also my home resort. But with the different strengths of each resort , my preferences change depending on circumstances.

In your case I think OKW is probably a wise choice, with the age make up of your group. I would rather 2 2 beds at OKW for the same cost as one 2 bed and one 1 bed at any of the other resorts and if you're going with a 2 bed and a 1 bed at OKW the extra space those units offer if you're close to "maxing" the occupancy will make life a great deal easier. Obviously getting a 3 bed villa would be perfect for your group, but even if you went for a 2 bed and a studio at OKW the fact the studio has two proper beds will be a better option than one bed and a fold out sofa.

We have stayed and enjoyed almost every WDW resort. THey are all special in there own way. I think you will find OKW a great choice for your first stay. You have a large group and a grand villa may be just perfect.

Broadwalk is my favorite. It's something about being my the water. I've stayed at Beach Club. I'm sure I'd like that just as much.

We are BCV members and I love it. Being we have 3 kids, they all love SAB. Plus, being all boys, they love Futureworld of Epcot, so its a walk right over.
I could eat in the BC Clam Bake every night (hold the bacteria:)
I like beach/nautical theme places.

I agree- the fact that the building is an add-in, placing it away from the hub of the BC is a downer.

I havent tried the BWV yet. Being I grew-up on the AC Boardwalk for every vacation when I was young, Im sure Id like it.

We stayed at OKW when it first opened and for a get-away-from-it all, its great.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, the OKW main pool will be closed for construction of a slide during your visit. Good luck with your trip!:wave:

From the April member clubhouse:
Slide construction at Disney's Old Key West Resort
Construction on the new themed pool slide for Disney's Old Key West Resort is currently estimated to begin in September, and not in the spring as previously announced. Work is scheduled to be complete by the end of 2004. During construction of the slide, the pool will have to be closed. However, our Members and Guests are welcome to enjoy the resort's three other pools. Look for more details later this summer in Member Clubhouse and on the Member web site.

Originally posted by hometech99
I havent tried the BWV yet. Being I grew-up on the AC Boardwalk for every vacation when I was young, Im sure Id like it.
Then you will really like BWV. Try to get a boardwalk view villa-- they are fantastic. Sitting on the balcony at night as the boardwalk comes to life and you see people starting to stroll the boards, the games going, the boardwalk entertainers, etc., is like getting a small glimpse of being at one of the old boardwalk hotels minus the ocean and beach but replaced instead with Epcot and WS in the distance and the Epcot resorts across Crescent Lake. It is beautiful.

While all DVC resorts are awesome, VWL is clearly our favorite on-site DVC resort. Why? Simple. The theme is to our taste, and the theming has the most attention to detail.
At some point in the next 38 years, I MAY stay at another DVC resort, but that would be like cheating on my wife. :teeth:

I do like visiting all the DVC resorts... :cool:

MG

Our favorite is OKW. We own at 3, OKW, BCV and VWL.

Why is OKW our favorite????
I think it's like that 'first love' you always have special feelings for that one. Well in '93 when we joined, what is now called OKW was THE Disney Vacation Club. The first of the soon to be, 5 on site DVC resorts. That is where our family "grew up" with DVC, and we still think it is special, we have many great memories there as the kids were growing up.

This is a difficult question because all the DVC resorts are great. You just can't beat VWL during the Christmas season. And BCV with SAB and EPCOT in the 'back yard', WOW, what a great location. Just like BCV, the BWVs have a great location and lots of activities. We are looking forward to our July visit to the newest DVC, SSR.

Good luck trying to find your favorite. I don't think you will be unhappy with any of them.

I'm not knocking HHI and VB, we like them too. I got feeling you were looking at the WDW resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter