Your expertise is requested...Please help!

detroitdad

DIS Veteran
My wife & I are interested in a re-sale for OKW. With the going rate jumping so much since the announcement that OKW is sold out, it's hard to know what a good deal is. It has definitely become a seller's market.

Since we will be staying at OKW already this June (non-DVC reservation), there won't be much of an opportunity to use some of the remaining points still available. For example, one listing has 75 points which were banked from 1999 with an August use year. They expire this August. We won't be able to use them at all. My question is how difficult is it to rent out your points? Is August too soon? Are we realistic in thinking that we have a strong opprtunity to recoup a little by renting out points which will expire on us anyway?

Your opinion would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Dean

If it's an August Use Year they "expire" July 31. Isn't there any way you could use them for your trip or maybe to bring along family? If not, I don't really know much about rentals.

You may be able to get some value for them. Remember, if you go forward today, it could be 4-6 weeks or slightly longer till you are in the computer.

You could rent what every you can get and put it on EBAY, you may even get a decent amount for it...then again, you may not have time....remember, an August use year has points that expire on July 31.

If renting those points out will be a deal breaker, look for another offering. Are the current use year points banked? If they are not, you are passed the 100% banking window. The sell could use his super secret, once in a lifetime, banking exception.

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs", Karl Marx, pretty sick, huh?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter