Your best Flight Price out of Toronto

misslissa

DIS Veteran
Hi there!

I just moved near the Toronto airport and find that the prices here are really expensive compared to Buffalo, where we usually fly out of.

What is the best deal you have found out of Toronto, who are the best airlines to go with???

So far, I have found round trips around $400, and $250 out of Buffalo.

Last year, we flew out of Detroit and only paid $100 each using Southwest's DING program.

I would love to hear your experiences.

I flew YYZ to Ft. Myers :sunny: last fall on US Airways for $375.00. I usually fly out of BUF to Ft Myers or Orlando for around $200 USD on AirTran, US Airways, or Jetblue. You do have to take in consideration, # in party, parking, travel time and gas when you compare rates. But, BUF or ROC is usually a bit cheaper.

You will NEVER get a great deal out of YYZ because of the taxes!

The taxes to Florida are aroung $200.00 alone.

Even if the flight is $99.00 one way, this is now a $400.00 flight with a return ticket and taxes.

Its worth the drive to Buffalo for a $49.00 DING x2 plus tax = approx $130.00 US.

It's Worth The Drive to Buffalo!

There are no cheap flights out of TO!

YYZ is THE MOST EXPENSIVE Airport to fly out of!

j

It is still cheaper to fly out of BUF. But, most of the fees don't go to the GTAA. If you look at your ticket you will see the following fees if you were travelling transborder:

Navcan and Surcharges 15.00
Canada Airport Improvement Fee 15.00 (Goes to GTAA)
U.S.A Transportation Tax 32.58
Canada Security Charge 7.94
Canada Goods and Services Tax (GST/HST #10009-2287) 43.82
U.S Passenger Facility Charge 3.37
September 11 Security Fee 2.81
U.S.A Immigration User Fee

Plus, the government charges such a high land lease rate to the GTAA, that the airlines get charged more and that passes on to passenger. Many of the fees belong to crossing over the border and the money goes to those agencies.

Oh, but the GST will go down 1% on July 1st!

:rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

What a Joke!

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter