Your Assignment, Should You Choose To Accept It - Week 1 (Through Apr27)

I'd like to keep it as an assignment. I think this way less experienced photographers (like me) will be more likely to participate. There are so many fantastic photographers on this board, sometimes it is intimidating to post along with them in contests. I'd love to see their work, and get their advice, as well as seeing the photos of people who are just learning.

I suppose that as long as there are rules that certain people (cough, cough, Mark, cough) can try to break that it doesn't need to be a contest.

Besides, I loose enough contests around here as it is. :lmao:

IMG_1165.jpg

Some strange critter on my bush yesterday morning!! :scared1:

We finally finished getting the backyard ready for a *NEW* season. We planted new flowers, replaced the solar lights, pulled weeds for a few weekends now, laid new mulch, got the pool all cleaned up (a few more degrees and I will brave it).

And the neatest *new* thing - the baby tomatos on our two tomato plants.

I know this doesn't mean a lot to most people - but this is my second favorite place to be - second only to WDW. I spent hours and hours and hours out here in the spring, summer and fall. I love it.

283001423_kMKHy-M.jpg

283001616_Qxnf6-M.jpg

283001568_zbDjJ-M.jpg

283001466_svPVN-M.jpg

283001516_HsqT2-M.jpg

283001523_Na7wW-M.jpg

I think my neighbors ears are still ringing from the scream that erupted from me when this lil "creature" jumped out at me.
283001610_7UNRs-M.jpg

And lastly.... even Lily got a bath (love that *new* wet dog smell). She was very tired from all her hard work. :rolleyes:
283001573_javLF-M.jpg

Now I feel as though I can post pictures here without feeling intimidated. :goodvibes I've been on message boards that are just for photography, and on those boards I wouldn't post to a contest because I know my stuff isn't strong enough. :lmao: I've been posting to the weekly Disney contests here for over three months now and I usually only get one vote, my own, yet I keep on trying every week because I feel that it's so laid back here and it's just for fun. :thumbsup2 Some weeks I don't even want to vote for my own because there's one I like better!

I feel exactly the same way, and most contests, I only get one vote if I get around to voting. I love when I go to vote, and I'm up against Mark and Gdad!! ;) I'm going to try and take part in this thread be it assignment or contest. It sounds like fun.

Now I feel as though I can post pictures here without feeling intimidated. :goodvibes I've been on message boards that are just for photography, and on those boards I wouldn't post to a contest because I know my stuff isn't strong enough. :lmao: I've been posting to the weekly Disney contests here for over three months now and I usually only get one vote, my own, yet I keep on trying every week because I feel that it's so laid back here and it's just for fun. :thumbsup2 Some weeks I don't even want to vote for my own because there's one I like better!

:lmao: I thought I was the only one that did that.

Nah...this seems to be a pretty fun bunch, so there's nothing to be intimidated about. Heck...I'm thrilled when I get a few votes in the weekly contest. Means I'm doin' something right. :teeth:

IMG_1165.jpg

Some strange critter on my bush yesterday morning!! :scared1:

Yep...it's official. The aliens are here...and they're eating our shrubbery. :scared1:

I think it should also just be kept as an assignment and not another contest. The contests are fun - but I really like getting out there and taking a photo for the pure pleasure of taking the photo. Not with any kind of "pressure" to be the best.

Let's just have fun with this - use it to encourage, share and learn from each other.

Went to the zoo, and thought I would see more young animals, but not too many yet, except for a couple baby giraffes.
IMG_7874.jpg

IMG_7616.jpg

IMG_7620.jpg

We were visiting the mountains of northern Pennsylvania this past weekend, where spring has not yet "sprung". This is a picture of some flowers that my dd discovered while we were hiking. They were in the middle of the forest on a mountainside, and nothing had turned green there yet. I don't know what they are, but they were everywhere.
p355927971-3.jpg

Here is a daffodil just about to open, and one that is still just a bud
p455576270-3.jpg

And, one of my favorite flowers
p159646422-3.jpg

And lastly.... even Lily got a bath (love that *new* wet dog smell). She was very tired from all her hard work. :rolleyes:
283001573_javLF-M.jpg

Here's my Lily, taken with my new 30mm lens, what a fast lens compared to my 18-135mm. ;)

DSC_09332.jpg

How about some "newly" fallen rain. I am assuming you can post more than one picture a week, if not sorry.

47b8da03b3127ccea8f7f515ad3300000017110AcMWbVw3bNGLg

47b8da03b3127ccea8f7f5fe2ce800000017100AcMWbVw3bNGLg

2008_0421Randoms0553.jpg

I took this on Monday.... I know it just looks like a bench, but my boyfriend asked me to marry him on this bench, on Monday. I couldn't think of a better example of a new beginning!

As a photograph though I love all the springtime greens in the background....

Bob xoxoxox

2008_0421Randoms0553.jpg

I took this on Monday.... I know it just looks like a bench, but my boyfriend asked me to marry him on this bench, on Monday. I couldn't think of a better example of a new beginning!

Bob xoxoxox

:goodvibes congratulations

2008_0421Randoms0553.jpg

Bob xoxoxox

I think I'd print and frame it and hang it your home. Congratulations. :)

...but my boyfriend asked me to marry him on this bench, on Monday.

Why would he want you to marry him on that bench? I'm going to go out on a limb and recommend that you marry him in a church or someplace a little more photogenic. Oh, and tell him to reschedule for a weekend. You won't get as many guests on a Monday.

Why would he want you to marry him on that bench? I'm going to go out on a limb and recommend that you marry him in a church or someplace a little more photogenic. Oh, and tell him to reschedule for a weekend. You won't get as many guests on a Monday.

:lmao: you are so bad!

Congratulations Bolanette87! Terrific picture!:thumbsup2

Lol! I realised how badly I'd worded it after I'd submitted it!

Thanks for the congrats everybody.

Bob xoxox

Only you Mark. ;)

Congrats Bob! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter