Your ADR's: With MS or WDW-DINE??

Who do you make your ADR's with?

• DVC Member Services

• Directly with WDW-DINE

Results are only viewable after voting.

write2caro

Mouseketeer
I'm getting ready to make my ADR's (yup... early planner) for the 1st time as a DVC owner. I'm wondering whether I am better off making them through Member Services or directly with WDW-DINE myself. :confused3 I've read a few accounts of missing reservations, etc. with MS. I assume there are similar stories with WDWDINE, but I haven't heard them yet. To all the DVC veterans out there, which do you do?? :confused: Thanks!!

I made them all through disney dining for our trip in 2 weeks. Never even thought to do it though ms.

For an ADR at a very hard to get location (ie Castle) I would go through WDWDINE at 7am on the 180th day(MS does not open until 9am and all seatings may be sold out). They will allow you to make all of your ADRS for your trip. For any other ADRS after that you could go through MS. We have used them to change dining locations or times without any problems.

i have always just called WDW DINE and have never had a problem with missing or wrong reservations.

I am a new member and just used to the "old" way I used to do things. Maybe some day I'll call MS, but for now I am comfortable calling wdw-dine.

I don't call MS, always WDW dine. Much easier, or at least what I am used to most.

I booked my ADRs thru MS about 2 mons. ago, our trip will be in 6 wks, do you guys think i should cal WDW dine just to make sure i have my ressie?

I always use WDW-DINE. I don't like to wait until 9 a.m. to make ADR's. ;) Too antsy!

I have used MS with no problem. I don't have free long distance so I don't like to pay for a call if I don't have to.

One thing that I've found very helpful....right after checking in I go to Guest Services at the resort and ask them to print out my ADRs. I've found that to be very helpful and any problems should be caught and addressed right then instead of at the restaurant.

I've done everything through MS so far, mainly because I was dealing with other things at the time. If I only need to deal with ADRs, I'll probably go through WDW-DINE.

I have always called WDW-DINE. Their hours are better. I have NEVER had a problem or a long wait... I have experience some very long waits this year with MS, why add to it?

I have used MS with no problem. I don't have free long distance so I don't like to pay for a call if I don't have to......(snip)...
There are several toll free numbers to the Dining CMs. I generally use 800-828-0228.

I use wdw dine also and I also use the 800 number provided by CarolMN.

I generally use Disney Dining since that is their specialty. Besides, I prefer not to tie up MS when I know one of my fellow members may be trying desperately to get through for a hard to get reservation!

I actually do it both ways. If I have reason to talk to MS within the booking window for ADRs, I make them that way. If not, I call the dining number.

Thanks to everyone for your responses! You've brought up some things I never thought about, and I'm actually surprised that so far 85% of those who responded use WDW-DINE. I think I'll "follow the crowd" on this one! :)

One question - someone mentioned having a list of dining reservations printed upon check-in. Is this only available if they were made through MS, or through either booking method? I would definitely want to do this and give everything one last look!

My wife made last minute reservations (5 days prior to the trip) at the Grand Floridian for a character dinner. She had a confirmation#, but when she got to the GF, they did not have her reservation.

Thankfully the host sat her and my daughter anyway. I have never thought about going through MS, and this was the only issue we ever had with WDW-DINE. Anyone can lose a reservation, so mistakes do happen.

I am a new DVC member and have just booked my ADR's while on the phone booking accommodation to MS.

I've used both at different times. I personally found MS to be faster and with the toll free number my favorite choice. I don't need much help or information anymore I just need the restaurant, date and time thing so MS works great for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter