youngest a child should be going to disney?

I agree, castanea1985. There is no way that we could go to Disney (of all places) without taking our children with us. I'm not saying we won't leave our children - my Mother and Father regularly look after them when DH and I go abroad either for business or pleasure. But I couldn't be at Disney without them. It just wouldn't be the same and I would feel guilty that they weren't there to share the magic with us. After all, in my opinion, Disney is for families and it's the perfect place to be together and share experiences.

The youngest we have ever taken one of our children is 10 months. They were fine and had a wonderful time. They coped well in the relative heat and with lots of breaks it turned out to be a wonderful trip. With young children, it certainly helps to stay on-site -- as it's so easy to pop back to your resort for a break and nap. Only you know your children - and only you can decide the best age to take them :)

:wizard:

I second that, Frances999

WDW is for FAMILIES!! Whether they are 10 weeks or 70 years old. How anyone could go without their child is beyond belief!
This year, we are taking DD's boyfriend for the first time, and taking my DM, who is 67!

T.

Talking of WDW being for anyone (all ages) - my DM's friend owns an apartment on the SE coast, and is visiting WDW on her own later this year, and she's over 70!! She loves Epcot!

We are taking our DS for his first trip this year he will be 10 months old and I can't wait! We have been four times as a couple but this year I am so excited about visiting Disney as a family :teeth:

We are staying on-site at the Boardwalk and will take everything at Joseph's pace. Afternoon breaks are scheduled in and if we are back in our room early then so be it, we have a lovely balcony to sit on and chat :) We have brought tickets to MNSSHP and MVMCP and to be honest if we are only there for an hour of the parties because of DS then that is fine by me. We are both so excited to see WDW through a childs eyes :)

dd was 18 months old when we went, you re right not to want to be "retired" by 6.30, but we had lovely times, writing journals and sorting pictures and having quality down time in our room with the other two (who were 4 and 6). yes its tiring and yes you cant do everything, heh, we didn t even go anywhere near epcot last time because they were too young. this time we are going for three weeks, and if we only do 1/2 day each day, it wont matter, because we are on holiday, and its as much about time with my kids as it is time with mickey, im just lucky enough to be able to afford both together :grouphug:
whatever age you choose, its personnel. They wont remember but we will, my eldest, now 9, still asks me how tink managed to be light up on the wire at the start of the parade, if anyone knows pls let me know!!
memories are priceless

tracy

KayleeUK said:
We are taking our DS for his first trip this year he will be 10 months old and I can't wait! We are both so excited to see WDW through a childs eyes :)
:thumbsup2

We waited until my youngest was 7 before we went and it was wonderful that she could stay up late and not get too tired but the truth of it is because we couldn't afford it until then. ;)

I think Disney really is suitable for all ages, it is the ultimate family destination. :)

eldest was 5 first visit youngest was in womb and then 8 months and then every year since then.never too young or too old for disney .They are both boys and we will never forget when younget was 7 and we had breakfast at castle ,we saw fairy godmother she gave him some pixi dust he had it in his hand for 4 hours and then he had us put it somware safe,its somware in his room now and hes 10 now
Paulh

Last time we went in 2001 my children were 19 months, 4 years and 8 years, and we coped very well, but as previous posters have said everyone and every child are different and only you as parents know what your child is capable of and how well they will cope. As we knew ours would be fine we took them and although my little girl was only 4 at the time she still talks about it to this day :hyper: and can't wait until we go back next year... :banana: woohoo... :banana: and by that time they will be 7, 10 and 14 yrs and that will be a totally different experience (and more expensive!!) :eek:

Sorry for rambling :rolleyes1

Clearly, I'm in the minority here but I really don't mind because, let's face it, none of you know anything about me or my family - not really - and I refuse to be drawn into an argument. Like I said, to me, it's about personal choice.

However, I must just point out that you're actually contradicting yourself

castanea1985 said:
WDW is for FAMILIES!!

castanea1985 said:
Talking of WDW being for anyone (all ages)

As far as I'm concerned, there is no right or wrong age to take a child to WDW - that much has been proven by the responses here. However, I very much disagree with the statement that WDW is for families. WDW is for anyone and everyone :)

castanea1985 said:
How anyone could go without their child is beyond belief!
That's a direct and unjustified criticism of Joh and not in keeping with the spirit of this forum. Joh has explained why she has chosen not to take her son. I'd hate to think that the UK DIS might become a place where people think twice about joining in for fear of being judged.

Our girls are 21 and 18 now and were 7 and 5 when we first took them, simply because that was the first time we could afford to go. They have accompanied us on 7 of our 14 trips and won't be joining us in October. They love Orlando and given the tiniest opportunity, they would be there. If you asked them, they would far rather have been left at home when they were toddlers and had no knowledge of what they were missing! Each family's circumstances are different and I find it beyond belief that anyone should even express an opinion about my decision to visit WDW without my children.

To the OP - there's no right or wrong age to take a child to WDW; only what's right or wrong for you.

lorapinky said:
Hello

I was just wondering if anyone could offer any advice on this topic.

We are going to Disney next year and we plan to start a family after it. I was just wondering what you all thought was the youngest a child should be before going to Disneyworld?

I took my 11 month old son and he loved it.
His sister went for her first time last year at one and a half.Hed just turned 3 at WDW.They both had a great time.
The photos will always remind them,and me!!
I say-go as many times befor 3 years old - then theyre free!!!!

Enjoy,
Lynn :love:

Joh,

I am sorry. It certainly wasn't meant to be personal.

I was simply agreeing with another Dis's statement :

There is no way that we could go to Disney (of all places) without taking our children with us. I'm not saying we won't leave our children - my Mother and Father regularly look after them when DH and I go abroad either for business or pleasure. But I couldn't be at Disney without them. It just wouldn't be the same and I would feel guilty that they weren't there to share the magic with us. After all, in my opinion, Disney is for families and it's the perfect place to be together and share experiences.

Also, I wasn't being contrary, when I said WDW was for everyone and for families, I believe both to be true. I think WDW is great for people of any age, but I feel that WDW is 'magical' for small children and their families, in the same way that Christmas is magical!

I remember my kids faces, on their first trips, when they met their favourite characters. The look on their faces was 'priceless', and a memory we will treasure for a long time.

Tracy

hi there
we are going at xmas and my youngest ds will be 14mths, i'd say he'd be too young but my other son will be 7 which i think is the perfect age, but as most plp have told me there somthing for everyone
and it depends on your own feelings about it.

personally, I won't let anything stop us if we wanted to go and that includes the ages of our children. ok when they are months old they won't remember, but the rest of the family will. the youngest we took our son was about 14 months but we might have went sooner if we had had the money . our other son was older so didn't feel he should be left out of a disney holiday for years because we had had another child. I would have taken them from months old.

go with what feels best for you . :thumbsup2 and enjoy ;)

Hi, can't answer about WDW but last summer I took my son and daughter to Disneyland. My son was 1 yr 7 mo and my daughter was 3, my son till this day can remember most of it all, including Sea World....Of course I have pictures too....but because they can't stop talking about when they are going back, we are planning our first trip to WDW this December. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter