• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

younger audience

rundown

Earning My Ears
not to be rude or any thing but wasnt this game made for kids. on this site i see pics of ppl who look to old to play this game sitting with kids who look to young to play.

Define too old to play?

That's a rather judgemental statement to be making.

Yes VMK's target audience is the tweens but as it says on the VMK main page and has been discussed here on the Dis (search is a wonderful thing) the game can be enjoyed by all.

There are no age limits to who Disney magic will cast it's spell upon.

I agree with what TheWolf said -- sure it has a target audience. But like the real parks, it can be enjoyed by all ages.

Hmmm....
Like Disneyland/WDW is just for kids?? :teeth:

(just because a game is targeted for a certain age group doen't mean it is only meant for them - us old, lame people are the ones that take their tweens to DL/WDW and spend lots of money on them!)

I think Disney knew the audience they were going to get with this VMK game...you'll get too sets of people. The "target audience" of tweens and early teens and the Disneyland/WDW/Disney in general "old and lame people." You have to remember that it's not the kids who hold the purse strings, if you get the adults into VMK as well...that means more money in Disney's pockets!

Don't worry about them "old and lame people" they're as hip as parachute pants and tramlines! ;) (You all know I heart ya!)

Well to me from a kids point of view(I am a kid just to let you know) I think that if they are a kid at heart then they should play.... But it seems like the adults are taking over VMK!!

No, I did. It's a running gag that lots of the Dis'ers are "old and lame" and therefore have no reason for becoming "taken" in VMK. :D BubbleGumGirl, if you think adults are taking over VMK, I think it's because you post here on the Dis. I know for a fact that the most frequent posters here are adults (I'm a teenager, btw)...the general VMK audience is mostly kids (as you can see on the VMK Fan Site). ;)

we are only lame because young whippersnappers like Fly keep kicking us in the legs as they rush to get into the fireworks games.

-Shakes stick at you all and hobbles off down Main Street-

FlyThenFall said:
No, I did. It's a running gag that lots of the Dis'ers are "old and lame" and therefore have no reason for becoming "taken" in VMK. :D BubbleGumGirl, if you think adults are taking over VMK, I think it's because you post here on the Dis. I know for a fact that the most frequent posters here are adults (I'm a teenager, btw)...the general VMK audience is mostly kids (as you can see on the VMK Fan Site). ;)
makes sense u wouldnt want to be taken i wonder how old my girl friends were.

The games primary target is kids because of the safety that is intstilled in the game......

That does not mean it was intended for children only...Think about it like this..Who wil pay to take the kids to redeem the coupons...The parents...

Just some words of thought...

Yaya I know..surferrat being serious ### what is up with that...

We can bike or walk or take the bus there (well i cant really to far away) you should force us to get the exercise

I think it's probably best if you were to drop the subject now rundown.

Yes there are lot of adult players.
Yes VMK is made for all.
Yes The DIS does have a majority of adult members who are all very nice and helpful people no matter what their age as we all share the love of Disney.

There we go all points covered.

::Knocks down TheWolf as he runs to Fireworks:: Hahah..old and lame people!

In all seriousness, you should not worry too much about the older people in VMK. They're some smart cookies and honestly I have much more fun with them than with the people my age! VMK reaches out to a wide audience, if you step into the waters...you'll find almost everyone in the Kingdom has lots of redeeming qualities!

I think you are never too old for Disney :) I just want to say, I really like the DIS because of the adult majority. Sometimes I read things on the other site and feel so out of touch. Old and Lame for me :)

Why does it bother you so much that we are old and lame and playing VMK?? My two oldest boys are even too old to play VMK according to the "target" audience! Do you think that "old" people can't have any fun just because of their age? We are all still kids at heart here. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter