You wish you could report people renting rooms 10 months out?

Do you wish DVC would intake reports of rentals 10+ months out?

• Yes

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • No

Votes: 77 49.7%
  • Do not care

Votes: 63 40.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The irony is I absolutely don’t care what anyone does with their points. Use them, don’t use them, rent them, don’t rent them. Lose them all. Walk that reservation for 6 months. Don’t care.

I commented on the principle that as long as someone doesn’t explicitly prohibit a specific behavior, then the behavior must be appropriate. Just because you can do something, doesn’t mean you should. That’s a societal commentary.
I though you backed out ?

I don’t think anyone is making the argument it isn’t allowed. Renting is good, it adds value to our contract and it’s a nice benefit for both sides. Renting and spec renting tons of prime booking reservations for profit is a hugely different scenario. Isn’t that the topic of the OP?
So if I understand correctly,
If I rent for a loss it’s ok
If I rent for profit, it’s a problem ???

I have the right to use my points at 11 months out! What I do with them once I use them is NONE of your concern.

You want ethics lesson
Here is one my parents taught me.

Keep you nose out of other peoples business.

So if I understand correctly,
If I rent for a loss it’s ok
If I rent for profit, it’s a problem ???

I have the right to use my points at 11 months out! What I do with them once I use them is NONE of your concern.

You want ethics lesson
Here is one my parents taught me.

Keep you nose out of other peoples business.
Some day someone will teach you the one lesson you’ve probably needed to learn your whole life. (Golden rule, my kids learned it when they were old enough to talk)

Last edited:

If you are personally using your points and renting them out at times that is not what the topic is about. Its about those who sole purpose of owning points is to rent them for a profit.

There is no place in the world that abides by that. There are laws and regulations left and right that state the exact opposite as well society as a whole is exactly opposite of that.
yes, the main lesson in life is do what’s right. Don’t do things just because the law says you can. Maybe one day he will learn.

There is no place in the world that abides by that. There are laws and regulations left and right that state the exact opposite as well society as a whole is exactly opposite of that.
Apparently, the right to privacy has been repealed while I have been on vacation

Some day someone will teach you the one lesson you’ve probably needed to learn your whole life. (Golden rule, my kids learned it when they were old enough to talk)
“Maybe someday, but not today”
Maverick….

By the way I don’t believe in the “golden rule” or Karma.

The only person looking out for me is the guy that stares at me shaving.

If I can help some one else out I will do it.
I will not sacrifice providing for my family for some misguided sense of decency.

Last edited:
Private businesses owning points to simply rent out for a profit.

That is not allowed and how DVC wrote their policies backs that up.
Your original post said nothing about private businesses nor motivation for renting that I saw. So you're assuming such rentals are done by businesses? I'd say that is an incorrect assumption. Either way, DVC has outlined what they will use as somewhat of a criteria for "commercial renting". I'm fine with them doing the policing of the policy. DVC has always been 1st come 1st served (except that odd time with the lottery and with the fixed weeks). Who owns doesn't matter.

I think some people look at renting like the person that lives in a neighborhood with an HOA, but the HOA rules don't state specific approved colors for houses, so someone paints their house lime green and purple, and everyone is complaining that it lowers their property value. But there really isn't anything to be done about it.

Last edited:
The irony is I absolutely don’t care what anyone does with their points. Use them, don’t use them, rent them, don’t rent them. Lose them all. Walk that reservation for 6 months. Don’t care.

I commented on the principle that as long as someone doesn’t explicitly prohibit a specific behavior, then the behavior must be appropriate. Just because you can do something, doesn’t mean you should. That’s a societal commentary.

In certain situations I agree with you..like keeping “ears” on in a show that blocks others.

But in the case of renting, I simply can’t agree there is anything uneithical about using your points to book a reservation to rent, even if it is a highly sought after week or room type.

It’s a nice benefit of the program to be able to rent your points out whenever and for whatever reasons you want.

Heck, people share that as what one can do to get around restrictions..rent your own so you can rent at RIV and future resorts.

Not to mention everyone has different times they want to travel so who gets to decide which weeks or resorts get to be rented and which ones don’t?

For me, that’s the important aspect of it all.

Private businesses owning points to simply rent out for a profit.

That is not allowed and how DVC wrote their policies backs that up.
That's just not true. The DVC documents have whole sections about renting out points, because you are allowed to rent out points. You can buy as an LLC, you can rent out points, you could never set foot on a DVC property. There are tons of LLCs doing just that.

DVC allows renting out points. I guess they could block it for future resorts, but they can't change the rules now on everything else. They could do some at the margin and make it harder, but they can't just ban it.

That's just not true. The DVC documents have whole sections about renting out points, because you are allowed to rent out points. You can buy as an LLC, you can rent out points, you could never set foot on a DVC property. There are tons of LLCs doing just that.

DVC allows renting out points. I guess they could block it for future resorts, but they can't change the rules now on everything else. They could do some at the margin and make it harder, but they can't just ban it.
I don't know that they could change it without it prohibiting them from renting points - even ones like the 24 one time use points.

I don't know that they could change it without it prohibiting them from renting points - even ones like the 24 one time use points.

There is language in the contracts that gives DVD the right to do things that other owners can’t, so I’d be surprised if this wouldn’t be one of them.

But, I think they are content with the current t set up and don’t see them getting rid of renting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter