You only have 2 years to make dining plans! An October 2014 PTR

Kbendig

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone, and welcome to my PTR! Part of me wonders if I really need almost 2 years to plan this, but then I remember that I do!! Maybe not because I have to, but because I want to.

We just spent an amazing week in Disney in October, but we came home to destruction. As great as the trip was, I feel like some of that was lost when we came home and reality hit us hard. During the next 2 weeks part of what kept me sane was thinking of our trip, what we had done, and what we said we would do next trip. So once things settled the planning had to begin!

First let's do some introductions.

I am Karenann, a 35 year old mostly stay at home mom. I work part time as a child advocate, and am in two grad programs. One of those I will graduate from in May, the other not until 2016. I LOVE my job, as much as people wonder how I can do it. I will admit it is mentally exhausting, and not for the faint of heart.

Dan is my DH, he is a 33 year old Programmer. He is not a Disney lover, but he will go because it makes us happy.

Kevin is my DS, is 5 and very busy. All the time. He is just busy. He loves Disney, and has spent the last month looking at the maps and telling everyone who will listen what we did each day. He has ADHD and SPD, so little things get him very upset. We have little tricks to control it, and he is normally very good about things like having to wait as long as nothing triggers him.

So now that you have met us, let's start planning.

Next up: When and where

Last 2 trips had us at POP Century. I love it there, its a small resort with everything we can ask for. However, since our 2011 trip we have considered buying into the DVC. My sister is a member and loves it, but we worry about the cost.

Before our last trip we almost added on 2 nights at the BWV just to check it out. We decided against it, but said we would go over and check it out. I said ok, and planned an ADR at Cape May Cafe as well. I figured we could eat there then walk over and see both.

We never made it to the Boardwalk. Of course we saw it, but once we got off the Friendship boat from DHS we fell in love with the Beach Club. :faint: THIS was where we will stay next time!!

So for this trip the where will include the Beach Club. If we can rent points then we will stay there for a week. If not, we will do a split stay. Where will the other part be? Well, when we were at POP we had a room overlooking the lake. Every morning we would walk out and Kevin would ask us about the other hotel. So if we do a split stay the other half will be at the AOA, in a LM room.

The when is pretty easy, it will be in October....one of those weeks. I'm not very picky about the week as long as we are home for Halloween. Kevin will have the miss school no matter what, so we are open on the exact day. I figure when we get closer I will try to get the points for one of the weeks. If I can't, then I will wait and see what kind of deals I can get. My anniversary is Oct. 5, so staying then would be nice.

Right now my biggest planning is the budget, which can really vary depending on whether or not we can use points. But I'll get into that more later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter