You know you're a DVC junkie when...

dizneeluvr

Mystery Writer
I know I'm not the only DVC and Disney-aholic out there, and thought it would be interesting to hear just how much all of you are "into" your purchase and its location!

I'll start:

--Our lower level family room has been dubbed the "DVC" room. Pictures from our assorted DVC trips (mind you we've only been members for a little over a year), a Mickey Mouse telephone that says stuff when it rings. Makes me smile every time!

--Our regular family room has twin built-in bookshelves. I don't have any books on them. Just albums (from you guessed it--Disney), Disney pictures with the kids, Disney snowglobes, etc...
A recent visitor to our home looked at the shelves and said, "I'm in Disney Hell."

--I check my points and various stay options almost weekly (even though nothing has changed).

--The arrival of vacation magic in my mailbox is better than a letter from an old friend!

--My DD's (3 1/2) new "big girl" room is a Minnie Room--decorated with assorted minnie stuff I had to have on our last visit there.

--I have an entire drawer in my closet that is for nothing but DVC information (books, calculator, park information, etc...)

--A friend asks you for information about Disney as they are going for the first time and "heard we like it". I can spout phone numbers off the top of my head!

Anyone else care to share?????

My name is Laura and I'm addicted to Disney and DVC!

Wow Laura your house sounds like my kinda place!!
My friends get Disney touring advice from me too.
I'm a new DVC member awaiting my first trip "home"
and
I also must confess and make the statement that.....

My name is Laura and I'm a Disney junkie.

That is cute. Especially the friend saying "I'm in Disney Hell!!!":)

Don't forget to add the Mickey Mouse bathroom with Mickey border, shower curtain, switch plate covers, accessories and pictures all Mickey, of course painted bright yellow, also!

What about the DVC Member license plate, Mickey antennae ball, and a license plate frame that says "Walt Disney World, Been There, Done That, Going Back!!!" on one of your vehicles? The other vehicle has a WDW 25th anniversay license plate on the front, the same been there license frame, and IF there was an antennae, there certainly would be a Mickey antennae ball on it, also!

Don't forget all the clothing that has a Disney character on it and the jewelry to match!

I have Disney all over my house too. My sister just rolls her eyes when she visits.

My latest quest is to convert the basement family room into my own "Wilderness Lodge Villa." I just got the perfect couch, made the paint color selections, and I know that I'll be doing some pine cone stenciling.

:D :D :D

Bubbleboy's Top Ten Signs that you are a DVC junkie:

10. You refer to your spare bedroom as a lock off with a queen bed and pull out sofa bed

9. You are on this board everyday and can explain the pros and cons of OKW vs. BWV.

8. As guests staying the night in your house drive into your yard you say "Welcome Home"

7. You know where the closest Publix, Winn Dixie Or Goodings is from your house.

6. You have your next 10 years worth of DVC points already accounted for.

5. You can recite every utensil in the kitchen without referring to the guidebook.

4. You discussed will all your neighbors the merits of sharing their pools and allowing pool hoping. (Please call ahead during busy times of the year to make sure there is room)

3. You plan every major event during the year either 11 or 7 months in advance, including birthdays, Christmas, and anniversaries.

2. You classify each bedroom in your home as having either a standard or preferred view

1. You have purchased 6 add-ons and you still claim, "I never have enough points"
:cool:

This is wonderful and made me laugh more than once!!

I've "only" got a Mickey and friends bathroom, but there is Disney stuff all over in assorted places.

Right now as I sit at work (yes, I know I should be working!) I have on a Mickey Mouse pen and earrings and if I didn't have on sandals I would have socks to match!!

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Oops, how could I forget all the Mickey and friends stuff in my office at work!! Kids, and some adults, love it.

Yes, I am a closet Disney junkie! We just got back from the 7day western cruise and joined DVC on the ship. We have stayed in the Caribbean Beach 6X and finally decided it was time to commit to buying at BCV (we love the location!). On our bed I put stuffed baby Minnie on my pillow, stuffed baby Mickey on DH's pillow and a giant Mickey in the center between them. I have a small table in our bedroom with stuffed Mickys and pics from our trips, plus a 16X20 pic on our wall of a past visit to Disney World. I try to keep it confined to our bedroom so guests don't think I've flipped! (PS I do have china figurines of Mickey and Minnie in my curio but guests wouldn't be able to figure out my addiction to the mouse just by the few I have in there).
But, I should come out of the closet and admit that I love the Mouse.........

Hi everyone, my name is Ray and I am a Disneyholic. :p

In our foyer we have a curio cabinet filled (displayed) with Disney snowglobes and Lennox figurines. In the family room we have Disney pictures (with Disney frames) on the bookshelves (no room for books), on the fireplace mantel and we have started a wall of Disney pictures. Just this pass Sunday after our DD's softball game the team came over for a swim party and one of the girls asked me if we had any normal pictures and I just smiled and laughed.

At work I have the Disney pictures that remind me of each trip and the many conversations with fellow Disneyholics to keep me going.:D

You guys crack me up!!!!

Well lets see....
My the tops of my Kitchen cabinets have my Disney relief plate collection on top. I have navy and yellow MM canisters. I have a curio in my living room with the rest of my plates on display. Our computer room has my Disney sericel collection, so that I can gaze at them while I read the DIS boards twice daily! My DD6 has a princess themed bedroom. DD(almost 3) is getting ready to move into her big girl bedroom done in Mickey and Minnie. My bedroom is home to my nightstand, which contains every piece of DVC mail (we have only been members since last July), my member guide book, and every Disney guide book I own, so that before I lay down to sleep, I can open my guide book and dream of how many ways I can stretch my meezly 170 points. I go to bed dreaming of add-ons in the future. During the month of December my house is further transformed, I add my Disney tree to our dining area, as well as my Disney Radko ornament collection that I place in various window openings, and I'm so looking forward to placing my new Dept. 56 Disney Village collection that I got this past Christmas on my mantle this year. When I look at what I've written, it does sound as if maybe I am suffering from a junkie disease. That's why I read this board so much, so that I can tell my DH that I'm not half as bad as some of those folks on the DIS board!!!

Since I couldn't find any Disney curtains for my kitchen, I purchased place mats and made a MM valance!! Above that I've stenciled Mickey Mouse all across the wall. I have MM flatware, too.
In my den are the cels we've been collecting, along with Disney frames and photos from all our trips.
In my living room curio cabinet are the Disney snowglobes and my collection of pins.
On the top of the bookcase are the stuffed animals - some of them are VERY large!!
My Minnie Mouse phone is here at the computer, and I can hit "demo" to hear her speak!!
This fall I will be doing over one of the bathrooms........guess what the theme is???

WOW you people are really bad off;) (the pot calling the kettle black:D)

In addition to all the stuff mentioned, you know it is really bad when you have to buy another fire safe just for your DVC add on deeds and paperwork.:)

Now if I could just have you all send me lots of money to get you help with your problem, I could live at Disney. Research that is, to find the root or cause of your problem. Really I would do this just to help you all out , really;) I would.

This thread isn't too scarey. It actually makes me feel better. Recently someone on the boards commented about the crazy people at the BCV trying to sleeping on the pool chairs so that they'd be the first ones to check in to the new resort. What I found scarey is that that DIDN'T sound crazy to me-it sounded perfectly normal! So I've been afraid that I was even more Disney addicted than people on these boards. Whew-maybe I'm not!

Great thread! If not for Disney clothes, my DD would be naked. Had to be on the phone today to get a PS to the new Princess breakfast at Epcot.
Yes we too have got it bad.

I'm reading this while I'm packing my 17-year-old daughter's Tinkerbell collection to take to her senior picture session. Yes, she wants her Senior pictures taken with Tink!

One week until our next Disney trip! Woo Hoo

I have my old DVC book at work - it stays here - the new one is at home - I kept the old DVC book update from the DVC member site - I send alot of time here - even when I don't post - all my shirts are Disney and generally DVC of course I have a few with Mickey instead. I also answer questions about Disney- mostly from strangers that I don't even know - oh well I just love WDW - it is a great place! of course then there are people who even after they have been there don't understand the dis and say theme park big deal - I just ignore them!!!

my pin collection is the Dvc resorts - still looking for the VWL or the BCV - I have found one for everything else.

I also share my DVC with my friends, co-workers and sometimes stranger that need a boast!!! It is a great place!

I agree, I'm a DVC junkie!!! I also check my points our regularly and also "play" with different vacation scenarios. But I must confess to decorating my family room to be like our second home VWL. The furniture is the same colors... Even down to the red plaid curtains!!! My sofa table is FILLED with pictures from WDW and the latest addition... The WL picture frame!!!!

We only advertise for Disney at home with OKW prints and all DVC license plates in the family room. About half of our photographs are from Main Street or in a WDW picture frame.
At work, I only wear a Mickey Mouse watch, and only have a Monorail die cast and OKW and WDW National Car Golf Tournament posters in my office. Oh yah, there are pictures of my girls being hugged by good ol’ Goofy. But that’s it....of course there is the “wallpaper” on my PC….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter