You Guys Probably Already Knew This--No Am-Ex or Disney Card

RweTHEREyet

DIS Veteran
I called earlier this month to put my pro-rated Beach Club dues on my credit card. I was told I could not pay with American Express or my Disney Credit card.

I knew that Am-Ex was being phased out as the "choice" of credit cards for WDW, but I did not know we couldn't use it make payments. Maybe this is just for DVC.

Also told they would not take the Disney Credit card, which I thought really strange. Only MasterCard and Visa were accepted.

I didn't even know that you could use any credit card for monthly dues. Thought you had to have them taken directly from your checking account. thanks for posting!

Are you allowed to use a credit card if you have elected to pay the dues in one lump sum?

I too thought you could only use MC or Visa to pay the dues in one lump sum in January.

Credit cards (Visa/MC) may be used for lump sum dues payments, but monthly payments must still be auto-debited from a checking account.

I pay all my dues in January, so I didn't think about the monthly thing. I got the pro-rated bill for BCV that was due this month and needed to pay it now. I would have thought they would have taken any credit card that WDW takes, but nope.

That no AMEX, no Disney Credit Card rule has, I believe, always been the rule for DVC annual dues payment. Though Disney Vacation Development Co. is owned by Disney, it does operate as a distinct company and makes its own credit card deals. My guess is Visa/MC agreed to charge a lower fee per transaction than AMEX or Disney Credit Card offered.

To my knowledge that has always been the case. But if you buy a new contract or even your first contract, you can put the down payment on your American Express card.

Dumbo

Each time we added points, we used our AMX card (frequent flyer points :D ). Is this no longer possible? We were thinking about adding a few more points before the price increase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter