Yogurt Parfaits

VillianinVogue

Mouseketeer
Not sure if this is the right place to post this?

Are the yougurt parfaits that they sell in the hotels vegetarian? As in they do not have gelatin or anything? Thanks so much!:goodvibes

Not sure if this is the right place to post this?

Are the yougurt parfaits that they sell in the hotels vegetarian? As in they do not have gelatin or anything? Thanks so much!:goodvibes
Yoghurt comes from cows usually thus whether or not they have gelatin is a mute issue. On the FAQs is the special dietary needs information and the place to contact WDW. All yoghurts except the soy based ones are not vegan and have dairy in them.

After reading enough labels at DLR there is no way I can honestly tell you if the yogurt parfait has gelatin. I was recently told that the pico de gallo has gluten. Pico de gallo is chopped veggies and a brine which should be gluten free.

I was told the Pico had wheat/gluten cause it makes it thicker
makes no sense to me but then again why do they add wheat to tomato soup- to make it thicker..
I miss tomato soup :sad2:

I would wonder as to the parfait as geletain added to make it thicker? or to set it?
I am not sure but would email the special diets team to get an ingredient list.

Yoghurt comes from cows usually thus whether or not they have gelatin is a mute issue. On the FAQs is the special dietary needs information and the place to contact WDW. All yoghurts except the soy based ones are not vegan and have dairy in them.

Most vegetarians do not have a problem with milk/dairy so, unless the OP Is a vegan, the gelatin is not a moot point.

OP, since many yogurts do have gelatin (and/or gluten as Pudge pointed out), I'd email Brenda/the special diets people to get confirmation. They are very good about knowing what is in the food that they serve (with the exception of knowing carb counts).

I think OP was concernd as to geletin comes from from the collagen inside animals skin and bones. So thats the concern about the parfaits being vegetarian - sometimes geletin is put in yogurts too - I would contact the special diets team for that information.

Hope this helps:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter