yet another DAS question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of our kids has motor tics and ocd behaviors. Some times they are worse than others. I so understand what you are saying. If you comment on them they get worse. Sometimes he can hold them in for a short time, then they are worse later. His are not vocal usually now but he has one right now that causes him to move his head, slam his jaw shut and then move his arm. Who knows why? He held it in earlier today (dentist appt) and now they are really bad this evening. High stress/excitement can make them worse. I plan on asking for a DAS if they are this bad. I do worry about others but honestly I worry more about his comfort. His can get so bad he can't eat and he could injure himself if he slams his head back. Waiting somewhere in as quiet place as we can would help. Hopefully though they will go away (they have before). Every kid is different, even with the same diagnosis. I'm sure you already make plans for shorter times in the park and plan fp for the impt things (guessing but that is what we do) If they say no, they say no and you fall back on plan B.

I'm going to close this thread because it was going down a non-productive path.

This is a link to the official Disney WDW website page about DAS.
https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/me.../wdw-disability-access-service_2015-04-30.pdf

The specific words used to explain are:
"DAS is intended for Guests whose disability prevents them from waiting in a conventional queue environment."

That's pretty open ended and it is up to the guest (or their parent/guardian) to explain how their disability prevents them from waiting in the conventional queue.
The only thing Disney adds is that DAS is not meant for guests whose disability is primarily based on needing to use a wheelchair or ECV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter