Yellow Scooters-They are great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnchristi99

Earning My Ears
I just got home today from our trip. :sad: I had to rent a scooter this time because I can't stand very long. We rented from Yellow Scooters and I was really nervous about it because I have not seen much about them on here. They were half the price of the other companies, so I took a chance. I am so glad I did. They are not a "Disney Approved" company, so I had to meet them when I got to the resort and pick up the scooter. I just called them when I was 30 mins from arriving and they met me there. The guy was very nice and explained everything about the scooter and even broke it down for me to show me how to get it in the trunk if I wanted to. He met me when I was ready to leave and this actually made me feel more comfortable to turn it in to a person from the company and have them look over the scooter in front of me. It wasn't exactly a pretty scooter, being bright yellow, but it really worked well and was comfortable. The battery never even went down 1%, even after 12 hrs of running in the parks. Hopefully if there are others out there like me who like the price but wonder about the unknown, this will help. We had a great experience. :thumbsup2

I got back yesterday, and used them, too. I developed 9 blisters and by day 3 could no longer walk. We rented a manual wheelchair from the park, but quickly determined that was going to exhaust everyone pushing me all day.

I saw someone riding a yellow scooter, and stopped her and asked where she got it. She raved about how well it worked, how easy it was to disassemble, how cheap it was for a week.

I called them from the park around 7 PM and arranged for it to be dropped off at WBC the next morning. It only went down 1 light of charge one time, while going uphill from the TTC to the parking lot, at the very end of the night, then immediately went back to a full charge reading when I hit level ground.

I rented the V10 model, as that was what the woman I saw had been riding.

I didn't get a demonstration, so I looked up the manual online and learned how to assemble/disassemble it. A quick start sheet would have been good, along with a URL for downloading the full manual. Other than that, I had no complaints.

They have a rental shop (not sure it it's their main or only shop!) about 3 miles from my house. I stopped in to check them out because DDs and I are going to Food & Wine next week and I can't walk any distances. A small girl (about 5'2" and 130 lbs) was able to disassemble and reassemble the scooter in about three minutes each process. She picked up each part to show me that it wasn't really heavy (DDs will be doing the assembly/disassembly) and it will fit easily in the trunk of my car. Admittedly, I drive a Volvo behemoth tank sedan, but I think it would fit into the trunk of any mid-size car. Also, you can rent a canopy with it to keep the sun/rain off.

I'll try to remember to post a review when we come home.

Queen Colleen

Yellow Scooters July 2014

Do NOT rent from this company

Our annual Orlando family vacation occurred during July of 2014. My mom, who is just shy of 75 years old, has recently had two knee surgeries and requires a motorized scooter for any walking trips. This year, instead of renting from the parks, we decided to rent from an Orlando business to avoid my mother having to walk from the parking lots to the actual parks. I choose this company because its online advertisements stated it would “last all day in the parks.” I even rented the extra battery, so we could charge one while we used the other one. Each battery weighs about 50 pounds. I checked the required weight limit for the scooter, and my mom fell into the average range. I thought we were ready to go. We are the family that arrives when the park opens and stays until the park closes, or until we drop. This scooter was supposed to keep up with us.
Well, this scooter did not last all day long. On Tuesday we departed Animal Kingdom early because the scooter was dying. My children we disappointed. We barely made it back to our car before the battery just died. I assumed I had just not properly charged the battery as I’ve never done this before. We went on to Universal Studios on Thursday. We arrived at the park around 10:30 am and at approximately 4 pm, the scooter died, in the middle of a rainstorm in the middle of Diagon Alley. My 75 year old mother was essentially stranded in the middle of a crowed, rainy, amusement park. After an ordeal with Universal Studios about using an electrical outlet, we called Yellow Scooter Rentals for help and advice. I spoke with Lisa, a representative. Lisa at first was cordial and listened to my concerns. She suggested I call her driver and ask him what to do. I quickly asked her to do that (as I feel it is her job to help me). She did and called me back. Her response was we should have rented a spare battery. I informed her that we did. She stated I should I brought it with us. I reminded her that the battery weighs 50 pounds! It’s not something I can carry around a park with my 75 year old mother and my two children. Then Lisa stated that she didn’t know how much my mother weighed by if she weighed too much the scooter would not last the 30 miles a day it was guaranteed to last. I use an iPhone app to keep track of my walking daily. We did NOT walk that much that day; we walked approximately 15 miles. After this she asked if I received a charger with the scooter. I told her we did. We received two chargers, one for each battery. Then she said we should have brought the charger with us. I informed her that we did, but were having trouble with Universal Studios with using an outlet. She then informed me that “Universal wont’ let us into the park.” I explained that I didn’t want her/Yellow Scooter in the park, I just wanted advice and help as to how to how my mother. She repeated blamed Universal Studios for my troubles. I reminded her that I was guaranteed a full day at the parks with this scooter. She asked “Who did you speak to when you reserved it?” I told her I used the online reservation system and only chatted online with a representative whose name was at my home in Georgia. Again, Lisa blamed Universal Studios and repeated “Universal wont’ let us into the park.” I finally said,” I don’t want nor am I asking you to come to Universal Studios. I’m asking you to compensate us for your failure to meet your guarantee.” She said there was nothing she was going to do.
I stated that if she was not going to do anything, I would write bad reviews on every web site I could find that dealt with scooter rentals. At this point, Lisa hung up on me. Yes, she really hung up on me.
Therefore, based on our week of using this scooter rental company, the battery’s failure to last all day, and the company’s failure to respond to my request for help, I do NOT endorse this company.

Sincerely,
Laura Douglas

Yellow Scooters July 2014

Do NOT rent from this company

Our annual Orlando family vacation occurred during July of 2014. My mom, who is just shy of 75 years old, has recently had two knee surgeries and requires a motorized scooter for any walking trips. This year, instead of renting from the parks, we decided to rent from an Orlando business to avoid my mother having to walk from the parking lots to the actual parks. I choose this company because its online advertisements stated it would “last all day in the parks.” I even rented the extra battery, so we could charge one while we used the other one. Each battery weighs about 50 pounds. I checked the required weight limit for the scooter, and my mom fell into the average range. I thought we were ready to go. We are the family that arrives when the park opens and stays until the park closes, or until we drop. This scooter was supposed to keep up with us.
Well, this scooter did not last all day long. On Tuesday we departed Animal Kingdom early because the scooter was dying. My children we disappointed. We barely made it back to our car before the battery just died. I assumed I had just not properly charged the battery as I’ve never done this before. We went on to Universal Studios on Thursday. We arrived at the park around 10:30 am and at approximately 4 pm, the scooter died, in the middle of a rainstorm in the middle of Diagon Alley. My 75 year old mother was essentially stranded in the middle of a crowed, rainy, amusement park. After an ordeal with Universal Studios about using an electrical outlet, we called Yellow Scooter Rentals for help and advice. I spoke with Lisa, a representative. Lisa at first was cordial and listened to my concerns. She suggested I call her driver and ask him what to do. I quickly asked her to do that (as I feel it is her job to help me). She did and called me back. Her response was we should have rented a spare battery. I informed her that we did. She stated I should I brought it with us. I reminded her that the battery weighs 50 pounds! It’s not something I can carry around a park with my 75 year old mother and my two children. Then Lisa stated that she didn’t know how much my mother weighed by if she weighed too much the scooter would not last the 30 miles a day it was guaranteed to last. I use an iPhone app to keep track of my walking daily. We did NOT walk that much that day; we walked approximately 15 miles. After this she asked if I received a charger with the scooter. I told her we did. We received two chargers, one for each battery. Then she said we should have brought the charger with us. I informed her that we did, but were having trouble with Universal Studios with using an outlet. She then informed me that “Universal wont’ let us into the park.” I explained that I didn’t want her/Yellow Scooter in the park, I just wanted advice and help as to how to how my mother. She repeated blamed Universal Studios for my troubles. I reminded her that I was guaranteed a full day at the parks with this scooter. She asked “Who did you speak to when you reserved it?” I told her I used the online reservation system and only chatted online with a representative whose name was at my home in Georgia. Again, Lisa blamed Universal Studios and repeated “Universal wont’ let us into the park.” I finally said,” I don’t want nor am I asking you to come to Universal Studios. I’m asking you to compensate us for your failure to meet your guarantee.” She said there was nothing she was going to do.
I stated that if she was not going to do anything, I would write bad reviews on every web site I could find that dealt with scooter rentals. At this point, Lisa hung up on me. Yes, she really hung up on me.
Therefore, based on our week of using this scooter rental company, the battery’s failure to last all day, and the company’s failure to respond to my request for help, I do NOT endorse this company.

Sincerely,
Laura Douglas
I'm doing research on yellow scooters and this post has been on different threads. We get it! You had a bad experience. Thanks for sharing, but one thread is enough. Op, thanks for starting this thread. It has helped me decide to rent from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter