Year of a Million Dreams Page Ideas

WDWPirate

Earning My Ears
OK...I'm new here but I need some help. Has anyone done a Year of a Million Dreams page? Or, does anyone have ideas? My son was in the right place at the right time and became a winner. I want to put it in but need some ideas.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Oh, we need details! What did he win? How many pictures of the event do you have? Spill the beans, sistah!:goodvibes

Yes, please share the details!

Since we haven't been dreamed as of yet (hoping though, only 4 more days until WDW) and haven't had to make any dreams pages, but if we do, I would probably start with the blue and silver color theme, maybe use somekind of sparkles, clouds and cute title maybe "Dream Day", "Day our "Dreams" Came True".

I sure you'll get some other input from our very creative group here!

OOOOooooo yes details, details!!!! Please!! :yay:

There's a "Jolee" type topper (I think it's an EK Success one) that goes with the Disney things that is blue with stars, silver, etc, and it says "Dreams Do Come True". That would be good with the light blue/dark blue/silver theme.

Can't wait to hear your dream story!! :)

Well, my younger son was on Star Tours with my husband and older son (I can't ride because those motion rides make me dizzy). I was waiting at the entrance to the gift shop and my huband calls me and tells me that he and the boys are coming out with some Disney folks. Honestly, I thought either the 3 year old or the 7 year old had been thrown off the ride or something!

Anyway, out they come with two Dream Squad members (in white vests) and another Disney cast member. They told us that our son had been in the right place at the right time (the 3 year old) and they wanted us to come to the front of the park with them.

Now, we are Disney freaks...married at the Wedding Pavilion and we go to WDW at least once a year. I had wondered how people got those Dream Fast Passes and nights in Cinderella's castle. We were about to find out.

We get to the front of the park and they take us to this room and people keep coming in from Disney. Finally, they set a little DVD player down and it starts playing this Year of A Million Dreams thing and says we have won a Disney Cruise and we get to stay in the Walt or Roy Disney Suite on the ship and some other things!! Only 3 of that prize were given away out of the million so we were really excited. In fact, I was so excited I forgot to get any pictures! Now for me, that is really saying something!!

So, Disney e-mailed me the pictures they took so I have about 8 photos of the winning moments. It is great because they captured our reactions to the prize reveal and we got one with all the Dream Squad crew. Needless to say, Disney rocks in the Customer Service department!!

Now you know the story...what are your ideas for the page?!!!

Thanks so much!!

That is the best YOMD story I have heard! Congratulations! It gave me goosebumps! :)

I'm glad you were able to get the pictures from disney. I would have been so angry if I didn't have any pictures of an event like that!

No ideas, really for you, but just wanted to congratulate!

StickIsOurHero - Thanks for the ideas. That is great to use the silver and navy like in the YOAMD logo and such!

Mickster - Thanks for the congrats! We are SO excited! We never win anything so now we think that our little one may be the lucky one!!

Anyone else with page suggestions?

Thanks!!

I would put my title on cloud- like in the year of a million dreas promotion- maybe even use that wavy style around the photo mats and journaling. You may also want to put a little ship on the page to show what was won (jolees has some 3D cruise packages.

Rebecca

WOW WOW WOW WOW!! I have goose bumps- that is so incredibly awesome! What a fantastic memory. Once I recover I will try to think of something! ;)

Thanks for all the congrats!!

Just realized that I messed up your name "StichIsOurHero"! SORRY! Too cold here to type today! Funny thing...I am also from E TN! Hope you survived the ice this morning...wasn't that fun!

Beth

That ice was crazy! It took DH almost 2 hours to get to work--normally about a 20-25 minute drive. I go the opposite direction to work, and the road I take to get to the main highway was all black ice! I keep checking the news sites tonight to see if the school system where I teach is out of school tomorrow! ;)

BTW, congratulations on your dream! That's awesome--and also awesome that it happened to a fellow East Tennesseean!!

Don't have any ideas but just wanted to say congratulations and WOW!!!!, what an awesome dream to win!!!! Have a great time on your cruise.

Not sure if the new cruise brochures still have this pic but there is a page with Goofy staring out into the ocean. You could put an dream cloud above him, do a family picture and add the words Dreaming of giving the (your family name) a free cruise.

Congrats on the cool prize :yay:

Squid

That is so awesome, both the incredible prize and the great customer service you received regarding the pics! Congrats on the prize :) I would love to see this LO. Come join us on the scrapbooking forum here.

That is WONDERFUL!!! I would start an album with the win pictures, then make the cruise the rest of the album. I'm sure you can find YOMD logos on line and print them out on photo paper or cardstock, plus anything Dreamy or Magic would work great. Congratulations and have fun!

If you stayed on property, you could use the folder the check in info comes in or the envelope they put your room key is as a die cut. It is light blue with the castle in the clouds and Tink sprinkling pixie dust. I just finished my scrapping of our trip, so if you want them I have extra. Please pm with address.

Thanks for all the well wishes and ideas!! I went shopping yesterday and I think I got everything I need for the page. I can't wait to get going on it...it just makes me nervous because I want it to be so good!

Thanks for the offer of the room card holder but I think I bought more stuff than I can put on the page! However, that was super sweet of you to offer!!

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter