YC Waterview or Swan Club Level??

antmaril

DIS Veteran
Okay, I need your help. We currently have reservations for five nights at the end of June at the YC (Waterview Room) at the rate of $329 including tax. I can get a Club Level Room at the Swan for about $100 per night less. We have stayed at the Beach Club in the past, so I am familiar with SAB and all the resort has to offer. However, I'm tempted to go with the Swan for the difference in $$.

Am I correct that the Club Level Room will not have a balcony or a view. Would we better off with a Resort View Balcony Room?

Are the rooms at the Swan comparable in size to the YC or are they larger?

Any advice/opinions would be appreciated.

I have never stayed at either hotel, but sure hope someone can help. If you want the extra money to spend, it may be worth it. I have heard great things about each hotel

We are staying Swan Club Level in Aug. we will take the club level room.

I have read on some of the posts that people have club level privileges with a balcony room. You could call the Swan and ask them. I also read where they are going to quit doing this.

All the rooms at The Swan have been redone and are suppose to have very comfy beds. "Heavenly Beds" there called.

If you are a member of AAA they offer discounts. I booked thru DU at a rate of $200.00 a night.

Have a wonderful trip.

We are at the YC right now in a water view room, we were upgraded from standard. We have a beautiful view of the Gazebo and we watched the fireworks at Epcot tonight from our balcony. There were two weddings at the Gazebo this weekend, we watched one. Using a code our room price was $250 a night including tax. When returning to WDW, we will stay here again in a heart beat. Although the Swan is a nice hotel, the YC would be my first choice. Watch for codes, you never know when you will get upgraded for free.

Ok, I've never stayed at either of these;but I think I would go with the Swan. For some reason the YC has never appealed to me. In Dec. when we where at BWI we walked over and looked around the Swan and Dolphin. I thought they both looked really nice; and I would not mind staying there some day! Especially with there $179 and $194 club level rooms!:D

Thanks for your replies.

By the way, that price of $329 is with a code. I used one of those codes that expired on April 26th.

I'm kind of struggling with this because I know that the room at YC is basically just a regular hotel room. It bothers me that they get so much $$ for a regular room like that. The bathrooms are miniscule. The resort itself is lovely and the location is great. However, I can get the same location at the Swan and since I've done the BC before, it may make more sense to go with the Swan. Also, our DS is 16, so it's not like we have little ones with us.

Thanks again for your input.

Last summer we had a concierge water view reservation at YC. Concierge was under renovation and not finished by the time we were to check in, we were moved to the BC concierge waterview. The room was small and right next to a service elevator that ran all night long delivering housekeeping supplies. The noise was a nuisance. The waterview was a glimpse of the lake once in awhile if the trees were blowing in the proper direction. We were hassled at check in by a CM who told us that we should be happy with whatever we got because we were getting an upgrade? We never did figure that one out as we were on an AP rate($339) for concierge waterview. All in all it was a less than satisfactory experience.

In March this year we stayed at the Swan on a government employee rate of $199+ tax for club level. The room was bigger and much quieter with no service elevator. Our view was great and was an unobstructed water view. The club level/concierge benefits were clearly nicer at the BC and while we enjoyed SAB, I think the grotto pool at Swan/Dolphin were very nice. The YC/BC/Swan Dolphin location is the same so there is no real advantage there. The bottom line is I'd go back to the Swan before I'd go to the YC/BC.

MLAinVa:

Thank you for your response. We were upgraded to concierge two years ago at the Beach Club. While I appreciated the upgrade, I remember thinking that the room wasn't anything special and I wouldn't be willing to pay more than $200 for it. Now, two years later, I have reservations at YC for $329 (not concierge, of course) and I'm having second thoughts.

I am going to talk to the family tonight and make a decision soon.

Thanks again.

You're welcome. Let us know what you decide and HAVE FUN!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter