YC Resort- Booking Error?

LamieMom

Earning My Ears
Hi there. We are booked for our first ever on site stay for this November. We have an Other Guest Bedroom booked through a relative who is a cast member. When we booked, we requested (and our email confirmation lists) Garden view/ wheelchair accessible/roll in shower/ 2 queen beds, 1 day bed. Today, I just received a confirmation in the mail that lists 1 queen, 1 daybed and 1 sleeper chair. The sleeper chair is not going to work. What is the best number to call to resolve this? General reservations? Is the special reservations number still good? I'd rather not have to get my CM relative involved if I don't have to. Thanks for any advice.

Hi there. We are booked for our first ever on site stay for this November. We have an Other Guest Bedroom booked through a relative who is a cast member. When we booked, we requested (and our email confirmation lists) Garden view/ wheelchair accessible/roll in shower/ 2 queen beds, 1 day bed. Today, I just received a confirmation in the mail that lists 1 queen, 1 daybed and 1 sleeper chair. The sleeper chair is not going to work. What is the best number to call to resolve this? General reservations? Is the special reservations number still good? I'd rather not have to get my CM relative involved if I don't have to. Thanks for any advice.

Just call the main reservation line. They can talk with you now that it's been booked.

Thanks! Called this morning and reservations saw that I reserved 2 queens on 7/22 but reservations changed it on 7/23 to the other configuration assuming (without verifying) that my kids would be ok on a daybed and chair. Of course no queen bends with roll in are available now. Livid that Disney thinks they know best what would suit my family. I dont think I should have to share my life story in order to stay in the room I booked! Am I being unreasonable??

The Secial Reservations Line is still active, according to disabilities park maps : (407) 939-7807

I would call there, explain what had happened and what you need.

No luck. The individual who returned my call tried to tell me that I booked the room that way (even though my email confirmation says 2 queen beds) and that I am out of luck. Previous to my discussion with her, another rep suggested that I have a note attached to the reservation that I need 2 beds. The "supervisory" person then pointed to that note as "proof" that I knew it was a 1 bed reservation -- despite the fact that the notation was placed on the reservation only an hour before our conversation. Since I am booked on a CM family discounted rate, her solution was to have my CM relative find me another room. End of discussion.

If my kids weren't so interested in going (particularly my princess) I would scrap the whole thing. Still might do just that - except that I don't want to give Disney the satisfaction of being about to rent out the room for more $$$. Grumpy.

Can you stay off site?
We've stayed in wonderful suites with roll- in showers and two bedrooms, full kitchen etc. Very comfortable and convenient. We do drive down from DC. Got a lot of extra stuff we need. :-) This fall we're in a suite right next to crossroads shopping center for about $100 per night. 1 king, 2 twin, fold out double from living room couch, two baths, roll-in shower, jacuzzi tub... They seem to always have empty places. Might work for last minute.

. . . we requested (and our email confirmation lists) Garden view/ wheelchair accessible/roll in shower/ 2 queen beds, 1 day bed . . .

1) I must be suffering from "a senior thing".
2) The last time I worked YC, non-suites couldn't hold 2q's and a sleeperchair in a roll-in HC.
3) HC's were limited to one-queen and a sleeperchair
4) Humm, things must have changed . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter