Yak & Yeti - Won't Go Back

I just had the pho yesterday and I thought it was AWESOME. Got 10% annual passholder discount too.

Well for the money I didn't like the portion size at Y&Y either, as a matter of fact we were kind of shocked at the size of our meal and my dh even commented that he thought that it was off the kids menu , since we were paying out of pocket we just expected a little bit more.

We also noticed about the bread too, I love some sort of bread with my meal and we even noticed Ohana's didn't serve bread with our meal but of course I didn't ask for any either so maybe you just have to ask, I don't know. :confused3

We loved Yak and Yeti. We were a party of ten, so just about everything on the menu was represented at our table. There was no complaints and we had terrific service.

Sorry you didn't enjoy your meal, we are there last month and had a lovely meal.

I am so sorry to hear that. I took my parents for a Disney trip the weekend before Thanksgiving and on our AK day we ate there.

We opted to eat at the bar to avoid the line and everyone was so pleased with their food, and our service could NOT have been better. The two bartenders kept us laughing the whole time, the one bartender even allowed us to call him "Frodo" since he looked like Elijah Wood in Lord of The Rings. I had the afore-mentioned Tamarind chicken and I must say I loved it, and I have a hard-to-please, discernible palate as I was once a culinary arts major {before I switched it} and I specialized in Asian Cuisine. I will admit it wasn't totally accurate but it was very good. My dad had shrimp lo-mein and when he finished NOTHING was left on his plate. Literally. We also had the egg rolls which everyone thought were great, as well as the cream-cheese won-ton dessert. My experience was wonderful and I will go back. I had the opposite experience, I thought the food from the fast service was very "bleh" but from the sit down resturaunt the food was great. Just my experience though.

That is disappointing about the DDE card (or TiW whatever they are calling it now). I am glad they are offering some kind of discount with the AP tho. OP, sorry you didn't enjoy it, thanks for your review.

Try the green beans. :love: :love: :love:

You are SO RIGHT! DH ordered these and we devoured them. They were SO GOOD! He liked them even though he doesn't like veggies and I liked them because they were GOOD!!!

We also noticed about the bread too, I love some sort of bread with my meal and we even noticed Ohana's didn't serve bread with our meal but of course I didn't ask for any either so maybe you just have to ask, I don't know. :confused3

It would be very unusual to receive a bread basket at an Asian restaurant.

Had lunch here last Thursday the 18th. I got the ribs and was shocked at how massive the portion was. Seriously, this was enough to serve three people. It was really good. DH's food was good, too. Server was Doug, and he was great, very fast, very helpful.

On the subject, I was really amazed at how large all the portions were at every WDW place we ate. I'm a big eater, and I couldn't eat all my food at most places we visited.

Bummer about your experience, we've lived in two different Asian countries and found the food and service very above par =)

Thanks for review, anyways, sorry you didn't enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter