Yak & Yeti--11/26

Jason71

Brother to pirates and corsairs...
Using up my vacation days yesterday, so my neighbor and I headed over to AK to see the Lion King show and try Yak & Yeti.

While the park felt more crowded than I expected (but it's AK, it always feels crowded), we walked up to Y&Y around noon and were seated immediately. Saw lots of empty tables scattered around as we walked in, apparently word is not out it has opened.

The decor is amazing, and immersive. If you've seen the pictures, you know this is not just a handful of knick-knacks, it really does capture the feel of being in another country.

While the menu claims to be "Pan-Asian," it is 85% "Americanized Chinese food." Lo mein, pot stickers, sweet and sour whatever... My neighbor had the "honey chicken" while I had the sweet & sour pork. Both were quite good, better than my local take-out, although nothing extraordinary. The push the frozen daquiri drinks quite heavily, and have a small selection of Asian beers as well.

Our server was terrific, very attentive. One thing of note: I haven't been following the mandatory tipping news/debate closely, but the two of us did have a mandatory 18% added--is this the new policy, or is it because we got a CM discount? In either case, we tipped him more because he was so good.

All in all, while maybe not a signature restaurant, a nice addition to AK, worth a stop for a relaxed lunch.

Thanks for the review. We're excited to try it in July, if only to look around at all the beautiful decor... :)

Thanks for the review. Friends of ours had lunch there the other day and said it was great :thumbsup2 I am really looking forward to trying it in April.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for posting.

Yeah, if you have the cast member discount, they automatically add the 18% tip regardless of party size. I heard it first from my friend, whose a current cast member.

Thanks for the review on this restaurant. I'm very intrigued and will be trying this one out next year.

We may have to try it out when we are there in 10 days. Sounds like it might be a nice place for a quiet lunch. They were building it the last time we were there in January, we just didn't know it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter