Yak and Yeti

SB in KY

DIS Veteran
DH and I stopped in for lunch today at Yak and Yeti. We had been for dinner twice before and had good meals both times, so decided to visit again (it was another of those killer hot and crowded days at AK, so anything quiet and air conditioned would have sounded good)

I ordered the tempura shrimp....I had had it in the past and loved it, but today....not so much. There were 7 very small shrimp (how they even got a couple of them on the skewer is a mystery to me....the skewer was fatter than the shrimp!!) and the tempura which in the past had always been very light and tasty and crisp....sadly was more like soggy breading. The dipping sauce was the best part of the entree. The stir fry veggies consisted entirely of green and red bell peppers and 1 lone pea pod....it was very sad!

DH fared only slightly better....he ordered the crispy mahi....that for the life of me looked (and pretty much tasted) like a Mrs. Pauls fish patty. It was a square fish patty, that bore little resemblance to any mahi I had ever tasted. It had the same sauce on it that came with my shrimp. His stir fry did have a few things other than peppers though.

The service was fine....but sadly the food was about what I would expect at a mall food court....I was pretty sad when we left....because we were glad to have a decent table service place to dine in AK...but alas I doubt if we will be back any time soon.

It seems that many enjoy the Yak and Yeti, unfortunately I think its' just mediocre chinese food, greasy at that. We ate there the first time in 2007 and I wouldn't have gone a 2nd time other than the rest of our group wanted to eat there in 2008. The second time didn't do it for me either. By the same token I think people should try it for themselves.

It's a win/win, my absence from the Yak & Yeti leaves room for those who truly enjoy it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter