Yak and Yeti - Informal Review

smep013

DVC Member
Hi Gang.

My hubby and I stopped into Yak and Yeti for lunch. Arrived at opening and
were brought to a nice table upstairs. The place is huge and themed very nicely. There is a lot to see, and I did not take the time to really look around at all of the decoration. I wish I had! It's quite a visual experience.

The food ---- was fine. I mean, it was just about the same at the chain PF Chang's and obviously more expensive. I was disappointed. Perhaps it's because we got pretty basic dishes (beef and broccoli and a chicken and veggies dish) but I think it was just okay. It was not bad, don't get me wrong, and we had a nice enough lunch. We much prefer it to eating at a Counter Service!

I hope that others have had better experiences!

Thanks for the review. This is mostly what I've heard about this restaurant and why I cancelled my ADR there for my upcoming trip.

Love Yak and Yeti. I ordered the seared tuna for appetizer, baby back as entree, and the fried wonton for dessert. I would never order the Americanized version of Chinese food unless it is actually cooked by Oriental cooks.:rotfl2:

Thanks for the Review! We have ADR for Oct 15 when we arrive. I have Rainforest gift cards (free from mypoints) that we will use there so I guess if we don't think to much of it we won't feel like we wasted our money.

Thanks for sharing :thumbsup2 . It wasn't opened when we were last there as the opening way delayed.....maybe next time :)

Sorry to hear you only had an OK meal :sad2:

We tried Y&Y in June and had a very good meal. The potstickers were good (no idea what was in them, DH told me it was better that way :laughing: ) DD14 had the steak & shrimp meal and it was incredible--I only got a very small bite of the steak because she wasn't willing to share more than that. DH had the duck and I had the crispy honey chicken, both very good :thumbsup2 We were way to full to get dessert :sad1: The "adult" drinks at the bar were fabulous :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter