Ya all made me do it! Bought a new Cricut cart!

bobcat

<font color=magenta>I had a horrible case two year
I was trying to be good and not buy anymore Cricut carts until after vacation but I couldn't stop myself, afterall I had one of the j's coupons burning a hole in my pocket and my store quit carrying them. I'm in the zoo swap so I just had to buy ZooBaloo today. I really like this cart already and can see so many uses. I have a rainforest cafe layout that sits unfinished and this will be perfect. Anyone have any tips or tricks to the layering, or any great things you have made with it?

When the tips say make the cuts larger, they mean it, especially the shape ones. Many are very detailed and need to be at a larger size, 3" and bigger.

Here's what I've heard/discovered:

Set the size high for penguins. Those are really small compared to other animals. Most animals compare in size with the letters. If you look at the picture of the penguins, you can see that they are smaller than the "P". So, bigger is better when it comes to the penguins. Knowing this in advance helped me when I made penguins.

Some animals (like the monkey for instance) look better (IMO) with the silhouette in place of the other layers. That is something to consider as you look at the manual before cutting. The monkey just didn't look right to me when I made it with the layers and looked so much better when I put a silhouette on top of the monkey shape instead. Make sense?

Thanks for the hints. I think I am going to love this cart. I even dreamed about it last night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter