Xyron Question??

Mom-to-2-Princesses

Lovin' It!
Hi!!

I'm putting together my Christmas Wish List and I think I want a Xyron sticker maker. So which size do I want?? If you buy a larger one and only make smaller stickers are you "wasting" the adhesive? I really don't know how it works!

Thanks for any advice!

I have the little Xyron X and it works for me, but you are limited with how big you can make a sticker. I don't feel like I waste much adhesive with the small one and it stores well because it's small.

Maybe I don't know what I'm missing because I've never used the big one but I'm happy with the little X.

I have the 250- it is 2.5 inches wide. I like it because I can use it for most of my letters and things but it is not as big as many of the others. The only hard things is refill carts are harder to come by.

Rebecca

:rolleyes1 Up until 2 months ago, I didn't have one.
Now I have three. The X, 2.5 & 5. I use them all sporatically, depending upon need and size of items I am making. I do try to use the smallest one possible for the job because I hate thinking I'm wasting any of the sticky. I can cram those letters together so there isn't any wasted space. :lmao:

Okay, that totally didn't help you, but I feel better about my confession.

I like the little one for smaller letters, but with doing swaps, the larger ones have been a time saver for sure. I used the 5" one when I made the 4x4 rolodex pages. This way the paper didn't seperate when I punched the holes on the bottom and no buckling from using too much Scotch Quick Dry.

Walmart has had the refills for the 5" and the X whenever I have needed it. I've not had to get a refill for the 2.5" yet, because I bought a bunch when I first bought the gizmo.

I have the X and the 2.5" and I like the X better but obviously it's too small for some things. I think I'd like the 9" but it's a bit $$ and I'm a bit cheap :laughing:

I have the X and don't even use that (although i have a refil) because I'm so tight:lmao: Maybe I should dust it off:rolleyes1

I have the X, the 250, and the 510. I definately use the X the most. I find it hard to use the bigger machines (like the 510) for the small pieces.

If you want to use it for very small pieces definately get an X. And if you also want to do larger pieces, I think a combination of the X (for small things) and the 500 or 510 for larger things would be good. (The 510 can also take refills that laminate or make magnets, the 500 is just stickers).

Also, Michaels and AC Moore often have sales with all Xyron products (or sometimes just the refills) 40% off. I always wait for the sales, and stock up on supplies then.

I have the X and the 500. I stopped using the X machine, and just use the refills for small pieces. The 500 I use a lot when I flock and paper piece, or for vellum.

I have 3 and wouldnt trade them for anything. My first was the 850 and I have the X and my MIL got me the 250 for Christmas last year. I prefer the X for my small ones and the 850 for big jobs or when I am making alot of stickers. My rule is if I am not using a whole line to sticker in the 850, than I use the small one so that I dont waste as much

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter