Xyron Cutting System

princessjv

DIS Veteran
Costco has the Xyron Cutting system for $99. Has anyone used it or does anyone know anything about it? Does it compare to the Cricut?

While I love my little Xyron for quickie things, The obsessive Scrapaholic in me had to have it from day one! $99.00 is a good price, but AcMoore has the Cricut at $149.00. I'd definately spend up for the cricut! You get a lot more cutting done, bigger size variety and way better cartridge selection. Plus, when creating "holiday wish lists" Since the Holidays are less than 100 days away! :lmao: You can put extra catridges on your list;)

It really depends are your "Needs" I NEED to have Everything... so eventually the Cricut made it home too... and now the BIG BUG has come a knockin:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 Soon, very soon.
Kathy

Great! I really didn't even know what it was. I just know I want a cutting machine! :)

We do not have AcMoores in MN. Do you think they have them for that price online.

BIG BUG? What is this? Is it better to get this instead?

Visit Cricut.com
You'll see the Cricut ( little bug) and the Cricut Expressions (big Bug)
The price becomes a big factor. But I LOVE my little bug as do many others.
You've definately come to the right place (Dis) for all your questions!
Happy deciding.
Kathy

Great! I really didn't even know what it was. I just know I want a cutting machine! :)

We do not have AcMoores in MN. Do you think they have them for that price online.

BIG BUG? What is this? Is it better to get this instead?

ACMoore refuses to sell online or via the phone :( I know Wal-Mart has it for 184 or so here in Wisconsin.

I bought the Xyron because I could get it for £120 (yes, $240! :faint:) but I'd have to pay £200 ($400) for a Cricut and don't even ASK the price of cartridges. Even though Asda is part of Walmart they don't do scrapping stuff, and we don't have big hobby stores that have good offers. I but the extra books from crop@home.com and even wit international postage its cheaper than buying over here :confused3

Its OK - I've used it for swap stuff and page toppers, but I find it a bit slow and rarely think to get it out ahead and prepare elements, so when I'm actually scrapping if I just use what'sto hand (luckily, usually plenty of swap stuff :rotfl: ) But you do have to press the cardstock very firmly to the sticky mat or it takes off and slides about (do the baby wipes work for this?). And although it can cut bazzill I worry about wearing the blade out.

Having said that, I'm thinking of investing in some more books for it. I don't use the shape book it came with much (I use the alphabet one more) but I do like my Karen Foster seasons one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter