xyron adhesive eraser - another solution?

dogcarbon

Mouseketeer
What other product or home remedy solution do you you instead of the Xyron eraser? :hippie:

I can't seem to locate an eraser easily, and I am willing to order one off the internet, but in the meantime, what else can I use to get the sticky off? :confused3

Undo is another product that works this way. I find that if I rub over the items I put through the xyron before pulling them off there is less adhesive around the edges. I do have an adhesive eraser i use at times but more often than not just rubbing my hand over things (clean of course) takes care of the problem.

Rebecca

I've used q-tips before to help clean off unwanted glue...

I'm going to move this to the scrapbooking board so some of the others can see this..some times things gets missed on the "living room" board..

I use a Rubber Cement eraser thing from HL or M's. It is like a crepe sole on a shoe and it just picks the extra right up.

I use the small end of an embossing stylus like this:

295603.jpg

After you run your paper through the Xyron, but before you take off the clear plastic, use the smallest end of the stylus to trace around all edges of the paper. Then when you pull off the clear plastic sheet, it "breaks" the seal of the adhesive and your die cuts come out with clean edges. :thumbsup2

Oooh, I *hate* those boogies! That's why I don't use the Xryon much! I know I have embossing tips, I'll have to try it!

I have also used a plain old ballpoint pen to trace around the edges, before removing the plastic over-covering. Seems to do the trick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter