XMAS Decor on the Ship

MandM

Mouseketeer
We are thinking about a cruise in Late Nov / Dec. I know the parks get all their XMAS decorations set up around thanksgiving. what about the ship. Anybody out there who can help?

we have cruised the first week of december twice and both times the decorations have been present , dont wont to give away all the surprises ..... but she was very pretty in her x mas attirre

peter

We cruised the Sunday after Thanksgiving and they had their decorations up. We are going the Saturday after Thanksgiving this year.
:)

We cruised 2001 right after Thanksgiving and like the others have said the ship is beautiful!!! Since Hygiene99 isn't giving away the surprises--I won't either. But if you book for this time frame--you won't be disappointed!!

when do they take the holiday decorations down? We're going right after New Years', I figured they'd probably be down by then.
thanks, Jeanny :wave:

When do they put them up? I am thinking of going the week before Thanksgiving next year since my DD will be out of school.

the decorations usually go up the for the thanksgiving cruise and are taken down the first time the ship is in port canaval after 1/1.

http://www.disneycruiser.info/xmas02.htm

for pictures from 2002 Thanksgiving on the Wonder, we cruised on the 1/3/03 Magic and the decorations were down.

We cruised just before Thanksgiving (actually disembarked ON Thanksgiving...).
It was truly like magic, we'd go to bed and the next morning a few more Christmas decorations would go up! By Wednesday the ship was completely decorated!
It was so much fun (and smelled GLORIOUS) watching them build the giant gingerbread house.
I have an absolutely priceless picture of my daughter with Belle in front of the HUGE Christmas tree in the Atrium!
It was the best of both possible worlds for me....I love the holidays and I love Disney!!

Thanks Tony, I figured they'd be down by our cruise. After being up since before Thanksgiving (although it's late again this year) people will be "deco'd" out.

Thanks again,
Jeanny :wave:

I am cruising the Saturday after Thanksgiving and I can't wait to see the ship decorated! I was hoping it would be, and now because of all the nice DIS members, I know it will be!!!:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter