(X) LC - Maple Pecan Pie

dizneegirl

Loves the Mouse
From the Atkins web site:

Maple Pecan Pie
Chef Greg Pryor

As close to traditional pecan pie as controlled carb baking gets, this holiday dessert was created by Miami-based Chef Greg Pryor.

Crust:
1/2 cup finely ground blanched almonds
1/4 cup Atkins Bake Mix
3 packets sugar substitute
1/2 stick butter, melted

Filling:
1 1/2 cups Atkins Sugar Free Pancake Syrup
4 eggs
18 packets sugar substitute
5 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled slightly
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups toasted pecan pieces

1. Heat oven to 350ºF. Mix ground almonds, bake mix, and sugar substitute in a large bowl. Stir in butter with a fork. Chill crumb mixture 20 minutes. With your fingertips press crumb mixture on bottom and sides of a 9" pie plate. Bake 7 minutes, until browned and set. Remove from oven; cool. Increase oven temperature to 375ºF.

2. For filling, bring Atkins syrup to a simmer in a small saucepan. Cook 10 minutes, until reduced by half. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.

3. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar substitute, melted butter and extract. Whisk in syrup. Add toasted pecans and combine well. Pour mixture into prepared piecrust and bake 20 minutes until edges are firm (center will be quivery). Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

Pie may be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Reheat in a warm oven before serving.

Notes:
I made a few changes when I made it...

I used oat flour instead of bake mix in the crust.
I used Log Cabin sugar-free syrup instead of the Atkins (you'll need something with Splenda, not aspartame).
I subbed another sweetener for the 18 packets of Splenda in the filling (liquid stevia).
I used pecan halves instead of pieces.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter