dizneegirl

Loves the Mouse
Very LC Tortillas

1 1/2 cups whey protein - plain
1/2 cup Vital Wheat Gluten
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sunflower oil, or any that is bland
5/8 cup water

Sift dry ingredients together, add oil and enough water to make a soft non-sticky dough, knead for about 5mins (or use the dough hooks on a kitchen aid if you have one) let rest for 30 mins, it may go hard after 30 mins but if you work it in your hands it goes soft again, pinch of the size of a golf ball (I got 6 portions from this) and roll out thinly (use w.p.i. to dust your worktop, cook for 1 minute each side in a pre-heated skillet. These are not the soft tortillas that you can wrap around your filling, but the ones that you fold in half (while still warm) and stuff the filling inside. They taste very real and at only 1.3 carbs per serving (about 8" diameter) worth it in my opinion.

-----

Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas

1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
3/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/3 cup Water
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1 1/2 Tb Vegetable Oil

1. Mix all ingredients together in a 2 quart bowl and knead about 5 minutes, until elastic. Add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, if necessary. Let rest for 15 minutes.

2. Place dough onto a floured work surface; cut into 5 equal portions. With a floured rolling pin roll each portion into a round disk until very thin.

3. Place round tortillas in a hot, ungreased, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; brown on both sides.

4. These can be used immediately or cooled and frozen. Keeps in refrigerator 2-3 days.

-----

LCL Homemade Tortillas

Sherrie's Low Carb Tortillas

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter