Wow. The new poly studios are gorgeous

The Dis turns photos from a phone sideways, it wants pictures in landscape mode. To avoid this turn your phone sideways for pics. The room looks great. Thanks for the pics and enjoy your stay.

Love new wall color, it's so much brighter which was needed IMO. Did they replace the TVs? I just love the one at RR and never get tried of seeing the welcome message.

Very excited for the changes! I think the Inova murphy beds with real mattresses make the DVC studios a much better value versus the pullout couches. Hopefully we’ll get a refurbed room in November.

The Dis turns photos from a phone sideways, it wants pictures in landscape mode. To avoid this turn your phone sideways for pics. The room looks great. Thanks for the pics and enjoy your stay.
Or just save your pictures to your computer, then open them in MS Paint and save them without changing anything. Not sure why, but this works for me.

I love the Tiki lamp too! I'm looking forward to staying there - the room looks gorgeous. The carpet looks wonderful.

Love new wall color, it's so much brighter which was needed IMO. Did they replace the TVs? I just love the one at RR and never get tried of seeing the welcome message.
I don’t know if the tv is new or not. We stayed one night at boardwalk before our 2 cruises on the dream, and the tv seems to be the same at both places.

I was thrilled to hear about the murphy bed and now stunned to see the beautiful colors and watercolor artwork. The best surprise was the artwork inside the murphy bed! This is wonderful.

Thanks for the photos. I slept in the Murphy bed at SSR this past May 2021 and fell in love. What a great idea & the room looks so elegant with it. I LOVE Stitch. Lilo & Stitch is my favorite movie. I personally think the room is very classy & not Stitch-themed at all. It seems very subtle. Feels to me like we're in a deluxe set-up in Disney!

Kinda off topic- but maybe not. But has DVC ever done anything for members inconvenienced by the refurbs? We have had our Labor Day Poly stay booked since October 2020. We were notified in July that we were being moved to the hotel side due to refurbs. Our choices were to accept, cancel, or move to another resort (nothing available).

At first I didn’t care because the rooms are new. But now I’m getting more upset. I’m losing a balcony (possibly), a kitchenette which allows me to use a microwave for some meals, sink, dishes and a whole extra bathroom. The more I think about it the more upset I get that they think This is a comparable room.

Kinda off topic- but maybe not. But has DVC ever done anything for members inconvenienced by the refurbs? We have had our Labor Day Poly stay booked since October 2020. We were notified in July that we were being moved to the hotel side due to refurbs. Our choices were to accept, cancel, or move to another resort (nothing available).

At first I didn’t care because the rooms are new. But now I’m getting more upset. I’m losing a balcony (possibly), a kitchenette which allows me to use a microwave for some meals, sink, dishes and a whole extra bathroom. The more I think about it the more upset I get that they think This is a comparable room.
Resorts are very inconsistent in how they compensate guests for room problems or displacements. And it seems lately they have stopped giving any form of compensation. There is a thread of people moved from AKV to the hotel side around 10/1 who were not compensated at all. In the past I've read anything from the DDP to points returned in part for something like this.
At least, if you had a lake view, I'd ask for the difference in points with standard.

THanks for the pictures! The refurb looks great and I'm glad it will be done by our trip in Feb. My kids will love the murphy bed over the sofa.

I thought that the new DVC studio rooms at the Polynesian were getting the Moana refurbishment just like the standard rooms??

I don’t believe it was ever announced that the DVC rooms would get Moana. All we knew was ”a soft refurb”, so I am thrilled the rooms received the Murphy beds. The sofa & chairs are covered in the same material used on the hotel side.

edit: The art behind the Murphy bed & kitchenette backsplash are Moana-ish (studio villa-from "Tikiman's Unofficial Polynesian Resort FB")

Last edited:
It was so nice seeing these pictures and the ones from Tikiman's Facebook page of the renovated DVC rooms. Given the latest news items coming from Disney lately, it is extremely pleasing to see how great of a job they did with the studio renovations!! To name a few:

1. Keeping the Stitch theming of the room instead of changing to Moana (sorry Moana fans Stitch reigns supreme!)

2. Not replacing the super comfortable and relaxing balcony chairs with the ones they are using on the hotel side

3. Keeping carpet in half of the room and not replacing the entire flooring with faux wood flooring

While others may think I am crazy I did like the orange coloring in the hallway longhouses and the room so that would be the only disappointing thing I can see. Given the new color scheme though I can see how it would not have worked.

Aloha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter