Wow, I can't believe we did it!

poohbearwithme

I don't believe in Tag Fairies....whoops
Well folks, we were in the process of buying a new pop-up but went to the RV dealer and got an AeroLite instead. We are really proud of it but a little scared also. Never been RV owners before. Just tent campers. I have done some much research in pop-ups that I knew exactly what I wanted. But we saw this and really like it and went with it instead.

AL331_08_27CD-SL-1.jpg

Congratulations! Its beautiful!:thumbsup2 We made a similar purchase last fall--brand new tt, and we had never camped before! We love it. Good luck to you!:goodvibes

Congrats to you !!
That is exactly the same thing that my DW and I did !! Went in for a pop-up, came home with a tt.
Don't worry,,you'll do just fine,,read EVERYTHING that comes with your camper, all manuals etc..
Learning is half the fun, it takes time to learn everything. You will have more fun and learn a lot after the first camp trip.
There are lots of great threads here to help with much of what you may need.
Have a GREAT time and HAPPY TRAILS !

Your story is not unique. So many people go to the dealership with something in mind, and come home with something else. That's how I ended up with a bigger trailer than I intended. Have a blast.

Well folks, we were in the process of buying a new pop-up but went to the RV dealer and got an AeroLite instead. We are really proud of it but a little scared also. Never been RV owners before. Just tent campers. I have done some much research in pop-ups that I knew exactly what I wanted. But we saw this and really like it and went with it instead.

AL331_08_27CD-SL-1.jpg

We were researching Aerolites today ourselves online. Congrats, may I ask what model you opted for? And what are you going to use for your tow vehicle?

We are looking to purchasing for the first time also. TIA.

Mrs. Disney Ron

How exciting for you! Congratulations, wishing you happy travels in your new camper!:wizard:

Congratulations. I would suggest you find a big empty parking lot and practice driving and backing your new trailer.

We were researching Aerolites today ourselves online. Congrats, may I ask what model you opted for? And what are you going to use for your tow vehicle?

We are looking to purchasing for the first time also. TIA.

Mrs. Disney Ron

2008 model 27CD-SL. TV is a Dodge Ram 1500, but you could use something smaller. It only has a GWVR of 6000 lbs and Dry weight of 4610. Right now Aerolite and Cub brands are offering $750 cash back or downpayment assistance if you buy an 2008 between now and July 31st and $500 if you buy a 2009.

Congrats!
We started with tents then to our pop up and now our TT. We still camp in tents with scouts and love it.
You'll love the convenience of being able to have your essentials always packed in your trailer and only taking your clothes and food in for the trip!
Enjoy!

2008 model 27CD-SL. TV is a Dodge Ram 1500, but you could use something smaller. It only has a GWVR of 6000 lbs and Dry weight of 4610. Right now Aerolite and Cub brands are offering $750 cash back or downpayment assistance if you buy an 2008 between now and July 31st and $500 if you buy a 2009.

Good to know, thank you for the reply. Funny that is the model we are considering too.

May you have many wonderful trips in your new toy!!

Mrs. Disney Ron

:cheer2: Congrats!!!:cheer2: Wishing you many years of camping fun!!! So when is your next trip to the fort? ;)

Looks like a great trailer. Here's to many happy camping trips. Post photos from the first adventure and let us know how it goes!

The "you could use something smaller" quote probably came from a salesman ?

You will be surprised how fast the weight adds up when you start loading all the equipment, food and supplies into the trailer. IMHO you have enough truck for this trailer but anything smaller would be dangerous.

One of the biggest things is to learn how to set up your weight distributing hitch, your service dept should have done the walk through with you and explained this. If its setup properly and adjusted it will make a huge difference on how the rig handles. Keep in mind that the adjustment that was on it when you brought it home may need to change after you load it for a vacation. Read up on it before your first trip and you will be able to make the fine tuning adjustments that will make it easy to tow.

Congrats on your trailer..... that a big step up from a pop up :thumbsup2

The "you could use something smaller" quote probably came from a salesman ?

You will be surprised how fast the weight adds up when you start loading all the equipment, food and supplies into the trailer. IMHO you have enough truck for this trailer but anything smaller would be dangerous.

One of the biggest things is to learn how to set up your weight distributing hitch, your service dept should have done the walk through with you and explained this. If its setup properly and adjusted it will make a huge difference on how the rig handles. Keep in mind that the adjustment that was on it when you brought it home may need to change after you load it for a vacation. Read up on it before your first trip and you will be able to make the fine tuning adjustments that will make it easy to tow.

Congrats on your trailer..... that a big step up from a pop up :thumbsup2

Scott, Your right...The thing that bothered me the most was that he kept telling the the GVWR doesn't matter that it was the dry weight that matter the most and I knew that wasn't true. Salesmen are only there to sale RVs and I knew that when we went there so I really didn't listen to what he had to say about towing rates and what we could tow and couldn't. I checked for myself.

Congrats:thumbsup2 Welcome to the never ending addiction.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter