Would a twin size blow up bed fit in a studio at BLT?

deek17

Earning My Ears
Here is the question. We are thinking about renting points at BLT (studio). (Would love to do a 1 bedroom , but financially that won't work). There will be 5 of us. My husband, my self, 2- 9 year olds and an almost 3 year old. We are not sure if the 2 year will sleep in the pack and play and we were wondering if needed, would a blow up bed fit???
Thanks for an insight!!!

Boy, the studios are tight so I tend to say no. However, the studio we stayed in had a bunch of room in the entry way into the room. From what I remember, I think a twin blow-up would fit there. But I'm not 100%, and there won't be much open floor space with the sleeper unfolded and a blow-up.

Boy, the studios are tight so I tend to say no. However, the studio we stayed in had a bunch of room in the entry way into the room. From what I remember, I think a twin blow-up would fit there. But I'm not 100%, and there won't be much open floor space with the sleeper unfolded and a blow-up.

I agree with Snurk71. There is no way you will get a twin sized air mattress and open the sleeper sofa. You need a larger room. You will be wall to wall people in the villa.

VWL is only a boat ride from the MK and those studios are a bit larger. OKW is the largest of all and OKW has two queen beds in the studio.

The BLT studio is really only meant for a couple and maybe one small child.

If you really want that location, book a South Wing room at the CR instead. Two queen beds and a day bed, plus lots of room. But you'll need to do that through Disney Reservation Center and not through a member.

Snurk71 is correct that the only space available would be near the entry way. I think a twin blow-up would fit there. But this is the space that most people store their luggage though. I think it would be very tight space-wise in a studio between 5 people, luggage and the twin blow-up.

Not to mention the fact that an air mattress in the entry way would be right outside the bathroom door if someone were to get up to use the facilities in the middle of the night. It could make moving around the room in the dark a little bit tricky, if not dangerous.

You might be able to get e twin air mattress on the floor in the kitchenette area. If it fits there, that would make in the dark mobility a little easier.

Not to mention the fact that an air mattress in the entry way would be right outside the bathroom door if someone were to get up to use the facilities in the middle of the night. It could make moving around the room in the dark a little bit tricky, if not dangerous.

You might be able to get e twin air mattress on the floor in the kitchenette area. If it fits there, that would make in the dark mobility a little easier.

I don't think it will fit in the kitchenette. It is just under three feet wide.

We used a blow up pool raft--not quite as big as a twin mattress, but it was pretty close and since my DD said she was just as comfortable on that as the twin air mattress we had, we brought the raft instead.

It fit between the bed and the dresser, but just fit and the only way to get to the bathroom from the sleeper sofa at night was to climb over the bed. So, not ideal, but it was doable for the two nights we were there.

It will not fit in the kitchenette and it's possible, at an angle, it would fit from the lock off door to the main door of the unit--but again, not sure because we didn't try it.

We used a blow up pool raft--not quite as big as a twin mattress, but it was pretty close and since my DD said she was just as comfortable on that as the twin air mattress we had, we brought the raft instead.

It fit between the bed and the dresser, but just fit and the only way to get to the bathroom from the sleeper sofa at night was to climb over the bed. So, not ideal, but it was doable for the two nights we were there.

It will not fit in the kitchenette and it's possible, at an angle, it would fit from the lock off door to the main door of the unit--but again, not sure because we didn't try it.
The space between the bed and dresser, was it wide enough for the raft and tight on lenght or the opposite.
thanks

We had a Twin air mattress in a VWL studio a few years ago and we just put it between the pull out and queen....it was tight but at least I didn't have to listen to my 13 and 17 year old boys complain about sleeping together.

How about a pool air mattress - especially if it is for the 3 year old. We stayed in a BLT studio in Nov. Kids are 5 and 7. It was tight with just the stuff we had, and I think I pack very light.
Never fit between the bed and couch at BLT. I could see at the foot of the bed or entry. Have a stroller to park somewhere to in the room? That will take up the space by the door.

The space between the bed and dresser, was it wide enough for the raft and tight on lenght or the opposite.
thanks

The width was tight--we didn't have any problem with the length--my daughter is 5'7" and was the one who slept on it--but it fit.

That is why you couldn't get through without climbing over the bed--there was no walking room left!! Luckily, she didn't care and found it "cozy".

Something we do when we rent points for a studio is to put the couch cushions from the sleeper sofa on the floor, cover them with a sheet, and have our younger DD sleep on those. She's tiny, so I expect this will work for a couple more years for us. I would think your almost-three year old would be fine. The cushions take up a lot less space than an twin air mattress would.

We haven't stayed at BLT, but this worked out fine for us at AKV. We plan on doing the same when we stay at BWV this summer.

Some of the couch cushions don't come off...we have a toddler blow up bed...actually got it years ago on Disney.com. Our DGD slept on it this holiday...not at WDW, but it would work, lighter than a twin, and had the sheets attached.

There REALLY isn't much floor space at BLT in the Studios. With the shape of the building, the rooms aren't 'square' so even for luggage and such - it's tough to find floor space.

I would max the room out at 4 people of any age, and that would just be for 1 night.

There were two of us in the room and hallway and bathroom were both very tight.

I would, as other have suggested, go to VWL to stay close to the MK - or go to Old Key West for the most room, or AKV for the value category at Jambo and possibly bump up to a 1 BR.

But I wouldn't but an air mattress in a Studio at BLT.

Some of the couch cushions don't come off...we have a toddler blow up bed...actually got it years ago on Disney.com. Our DGD slept on it this holiday...not at WDW, but it would work, lighter than a twin, and had the sheets attached.

Which resorts have sofa sleepers with cushions that don't come off? Our only experience has been at AKV, and I assumed that all of the sofas would be similar. Anyone know about BWV?

Which resorts have sofa sleepers with cushions that don't come off? Our only experience has been at AKV, and I assumed that all of the sofas would be similar. Anyone know about BWV?

I was wondering about BWV also. Do the cushions all stay attached?

We had a Twin air mattress in a VWL studio a few years ago and we just put it between the pull out and queen....it was tight but at least I didn't have to listen to my 13 and 17 year old boys complain about sleeping together.

We did this at BWV last June....It was fine...my kids can't fall asleep in the same bed we move them later but it worked out for us

We did this at BWV last June....It was fine...my kids can't fall asleep in the same bed we move them later but it worked out for us

if you want BLT because of the area - then you can rent points at VWL - it is a little further away. it has a boat to the MK plus a bus.

much cheaper than CR.

the studio at VWL is normal size. (much bigger than the living area than BLT)

although the bathrooms and balcony is bigger at BLT. (but that is all)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter