Would a Black Friday flash sale have been announced by now?

WDWFERN

Mouseketeer
So, just curious if it is time to give up on my hopes for a Black Friday flash sale for either RIV or AUL? Would DVC have made an announcement about it by now if it were going to happen?

DVC did a Black Friday promotion when they had physical stores.

I’d imagine it would be very hard to do a flash sale with a product that requires so many practical steps to go from start to finish. Imagine you call your guide and by the time you hear back the sale is over. Lots of dissatisfied customers.

DVC did a Black Friday promotion when they had physical stores.

I’d imagine it would be very hard to do a flash sale with a product that requires so many practical steps to go from start to finish. Imagine you call your guide and by the time you hear back the sale is over. Lots of dissatisfied customers.
All you’d have to do is require a refundable deposit to lock in the pricing… you could handle that with Apple Pay and PayPal.

All you’d have to do is require a refundable deposit to lock in the pricing… you could handle that with Apple Pay and PayPal.
Right. Honestly, Disney seems pretty generous with its promos like “if you ask for a contract today you get a month to sign at this price and then 10 more days to rescind.” I think they could have a 12 or 24 hour sale that requires a refundable deposit to lock in pricing and a week to follow up with a guide to pick exact resort and size or get a refund.

If there was a magic Black Friday button that let current members buy 50 points at an actively selling resort for $160pp with a 10% deposit and it was only available for 12-hours then I would push that button…
Just looked at the AUL point chart for next year’s holiday breaks…I’d push that button too, even though I know resale makes more sense, it’s probably the highest price per point where I just go for it so I can use it at VDH and Poly 2, if necessary.

Not sure where to post this or if it’s already been posted.

Received an email for “extra holiday savings” when adding on at Riviera. Ends 1/29.

I’m guessing the dismal discounts this round triggered the “extra savings” promo.

Edited to correct my spelling typos. lol.

Last edited:
Email indicates special savings begin at adding on 150. I don’t know how this compares to the savings when this round of offers initially launched.

They really don’t want to sell VDH points….

I think it’s just too early for them to start lowering the price given it’s the only DL one. They have two WDW coming online next year so sounds like they at least want to spark sales for RIv….finally…to help. But it’s still not as low as VGF got to this summer.

Or, we are going to see a raise in base price soon on it, and this is to soften that blow? It went to $217 last December.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter