Worst Section of SSR?

PetePanMan

DIS Veteran
Glass half empty post...

Which section at SSR is overall worst place to be?

I see pro's and con's for all sections except Carousel?

Thx

I guess it depends on what you consider good and bad. Everyone is different, what's important or not important, pools, view, close to main area, etc.

:earsboy: Bill

Glass half empty post...

Which section at SSR is overall worst place to be?

I see pro's and con's for all sections except Carousel?

Thx

Carousel doesn't have all the noise of the other sections. It's closer to the entrance, so if you are driving you can beat all the buses. And people coming to dine, shop or use the pool won't take your great parking place. Half full, my friend, half full.

The worst section at SSR is the section I'm not staying in.

With the completion of the Paddock pool, I don't think there is a "worst" section anymore.

Just depends on what is most important to you.

We've stayed in all but one and I also wouldn't be able to pick a worst.

Agree with previous posts that there are really no bad sections. If there are any bad sections it only depends on what type of vacation you are on, do you want quite or do you want to be 'involved', what time of year are you traveling, did you drive yourself or use ME, do you use the pools or the main area quite often, do you go to DTD and so forth. And then of course there can be 'bad' areas in each of the sections based upon how close you are to the bus and pool.

For us, we don't do the pools or main area that much, we travel mainly between late May and the middle of June, we always request a room close to the bus stop and we always drive. Based on our experiences here are some thoughts:

GRANDSTAND: Love this area because it is the first bus stop (2nd for DTD), very nice pool/snack area and a short walk to the main area. The walk to the west side of DTD is not too bad either. We've always been in the building next to bus stop. Some people from the treehouses will walk to this bus stop

CAROUSEL: This seems to be the farthest from the main area which means hoping a bus or taking a little walk, but if you drive it is a quick in and out. You do hear the bus traffic coming in and out though. It is the 2nd bus stop (3rd DTD) and if you are in the building by the bus stop, the Paddock pool isn't too far of a walk.

PADDOCKS: This area definitely depends on the building. Some buildings are actually closer to the Carousel bus stop than the Paddocks while others can be a longer walk to the Paddocks bus. The walk to the main area can be long due to having to walk around the pond/small lake. It also has a new expanded pool area. It is the 3rd bus stop (4th DTD).

CONGRESS PARK: We love this section as well. Can be a short walk to the marketplace of DTD and the walk to the main area is ok. Has a nice quiet pool and a veranda type area that overlooks the lake with a DTD view. Very nice especially at night. Driving isn't too bad either because of the secondary exit right by there. 4th bus stop or the last DTD stop.

SPRINGS: Closest area to the main area which is just across the street. You are near all the action here. That can also be a negative for some. The bus stop is also the drop off and pick up area for the treehouse villas, and since it is the last bus stop, you may not get on the first bus you see at busy times of the year. Two weeks ago we witnessed this a few times. It is the first DTD bus stop.

TREEHOUSES: We have not stayed there yet so cannot comment. The only thing I see that may be a negative for some is not having a direct bus stop. There is a shuttle over to the Springs.

Again, it really depends on how you vacation and the time of the year.

Depends also if you have car, Grandstand is my least favorite for having a car.

Horrible getting in and out at the stop sign near the Guard shack, parking can get crowded with cars from tree houses.

Buses can run you off the road due to the road being winding and narrow and you might get hit by a golf cart as someone did.

My favorite is paddocks and congress park.

I am in ROFR for SSR thank you for your posts. I have been surfing the posts ever since sending my contract in. Question: when making reservations can you request a section and room # or just the section

I am in ROFR for SSR thank you for your posts. I have been surfing the posts ever since sending my contract in. Question: when making reservations can you request a section and room # or just the section

Usually you just request the section and even the building by requesting to be near the bus stop, pool, etc. If you are making the reservation over the phone and you are positive the room number is the type of room you are wanting, you can try but I do not recommend it as the chances are very slight it would be open the same days as your request. If you are doing it online, you do not have the option to request a specific room. Check the SSR maps and they usually show what room numbers are in what building so you could request a range of room numbers for a specific building request.

Depends also if you have car, Grandstand is my least favorite for having a car.

Horrible getting in and out at the stop sign near the Guard shack, parking can get crowded with cars from tree tops.

Buses can run you off the road due to the road being winding and narrow and you might get hit by a golf cart as someone did.

My favorite is paddocks and congress park.

Bummer

Usually you just request the section and even the building by requesting to be near the bus stop, pool, etc. If you are making the reservation over the phone and you are positive the room number is the type of room you are wanting, you can try but I do not recommend it as the chances are very slight it would be open the same days as your request. If you are doing it online, you do not have the option to request a specific room. Check the SSR maps and they usually show what room numbers are in what building so you could request a range of room numbers for a specific building request.

At SSR, the buildings are not numbered, just the villas. So you can't request a specific building unless you request a specific room number and that's not the best way to go about it. It's better to request a section or higher floor or ground floor, etc.

How are the ground floors? Can you actually walk out from patio onto grounds? Recommended or not?

At SSR, the buildings are not numbered, just the villas. So you can't request a specific building unless you request a specific room number and that's not the best way to go about it. It's better to request a section or higher floor or ground floor, etc.

Yes, the buildings at SSR are not numered, but the SSR map shows the range of room numbers in each building. The range is what I suggested to request. I have requested in the past a specific building by giving the range of room numbers and it was acknowledged and I received it (by phone). As I stated though, it is best to request the section, then being near the bus stop, or maybe the pool and so forth.

How are the ground floors? Can you actually walk out from patio onto grounds? Recommended or not?

Yes, left my 2year old daughter eating breakfast on the patio. Went to pick something up in the room and turned back and she was gone.
Panicked slightly until I heard house keeping in the next room talking to her. She had taken it upon herself to go visiting and as next door had there patio doors open she thought she'd go there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter