Worst parking??

Maybe we were lucky but Presidents week we stayed at THV and never had a problem parking right in front of our villa and my parents would drive over on occasion and park in the pool parking (they would come for short periods of time or else they walked over). There seemed to be a lot of spaces available. I was told on check in 1 car per site - I hope we do not have a problem in Dec!

There are a few THVs, especially near the front, where there isn't nearly enough parking immediately near the villas. Especially bad with the handicapped accessible villas, since if someone is staying there who doesn't have a tag, those spaces can't be used. But we've stayed there twice (not near the front) and only occasionally had to in the next area down from "in front of" our villa. And the last trip was in June when all the THVs were full.

Bruce

The absolute worst parking on property has to be GF. If they do indeed add a DVC section to this I hope they make a DVC parking lot.

BLT is VERY close to the door. SSR no problem for Grandstand or the Springs, haven't stayed in the other areas.

I suppose the parking situation is worst at the Treehouses, but it is BAD at HH. I love the resort, but the parking spaces at the resort are too small and there are too few of them. And parking at the beach house!!! We had to just drive around and around to get a spot. I know the shuttle would alleviate that problem, but we take so much stuff to the beach, we prefer to drive.

Anyone else share my frustration?

I have never had a problem at HH - but I drive a Nissan Altima - so it's not oversized and fits fine in the spaces. But the place is so small you can walk from one end of the resort to the other in about 5 minutes. So I don't think it has the same problems as other resorts.

I agree that parking at Disney's beach house at HH is bad. We did what some PP suggested, DS dropped us off with stuff. The shuttle only runs limited hours, I think until 5, and every 1/2 hour. I don't think it was very convenient.

When I was there last summer, all you needed to do was pick up the phone and the shuttle came within 5 minutes?? Did that policy change?? In addition to that the Palmetto Dunes shuttle will bring you back to the resort too.

Janis

When I was there last summer, all you needed to do was pick up the phone and the shuttle came within 5 minutes?? Did that policy change?? In addition to that the Palmetto Dunes shuttle will bring you back to the resort too.

Janis

in offseason they don't come as often -had to call them 3 times before anyone came - the reason staff was cutback and the shuttle was not on the list.

BWV are our home resort and i will say that the self parking has greatly improved..
when we arrive we always have luggage service take the suitcases to the room...

when hh resort did the parking area re-striping a few years ago and down-sized the spaces, they really did a disservice to their guests! families arriving in suvs and pick-up trucks are severly disadvantaged by the size of the parking space! seems nothing can escape down-sizing these days!

one resolution to the beach house parking for those who need to bring lots of stuff - pack the stuff into your vehicle; have a designated driver take it to the beach house early in order to get a spot; and then take the shuttle back to the resort and meet up with the rest of the fam and return to the beach when all are prepared to go. that way the car is at the beach house and ready for when you need to pack up and be on your way later in the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter