Worst Hallways...BWV or AKV Kidani?

Works fine if you have a car. But if you are walking from a bus stop, it's nice to be a short walk to an air conditioned hallway.

I liked the walk at Kidani felt like I was trekking through Africa hahaha.

Nah we were really lucky at Kidani to get rooms closer to the lobby including the standard view that is on the smaller savanna.

When you call to get something (like wine glasses) brought to your villa, they tell you "as soon as we have a runner free". On the other hand, you get to park your car under the building so it isn't melted if you want to go somewhere mid day. The trek to to pool is a bit weird too. We found it easier to go through the underground.

Our home is BWV. We've often been way down close to the stairwells, close to HS. IT's nice to use those in the AM for rope drop, and lets you out a lot closer to HS....that said, it is not ideal at the end of a long, hot day, after walking back from HS, I do not want to hike up those stairs...THis last trip, we actually ended up on the other side of the elevators, I'd say about as far down the other hallway. DH and kids would go back up the stairs on that other side of the pool, but I'd wait for the elevators. That was a long hallway walk for sure tho.
Now.....Kidani.....a whole new level of long hallways. Last trip there, we were in the last room on the second to last building to the left of the lobby....it was nuts. at the end of the long day, I thought we'd NEVER get to the room When we stay there in Nov, I am making sure to put in a room request closer to the lobby. It was like a never ending last mile at the end of the day. That said, the views of the animals along the way helped a lot. We found ourselves pausing to watch in the AM/PM. We were closer to our car, and not too far from the pool, but I'd still prefer closer to the lobby

Kidani is much longer. I really don't find BVW all that long of a walk even to the farthest end. Kidani is long, no two way about it. The only time I have really had issues is when doing a later check in and having to brings bags etc to the room. Then it can be a pain. During normal park days its long, and the wife and I joke about it, but overall the resort is very beautiful so I enjoy the look as I walk.

According to the Disney Parks Moms panel, the farthest walk at Animal Kingdom Villas from a room to the bus stop is 1/3 mile. Another poster on DISboards said it's 1/4 mile according to Google distances.

I've never tried the Google distance calculator, but if someone wants to give it a shot, they could calculate the distances at BWV in order to compare.

I always find the "long hallways" threads funny. DH and I prefer the long air conditioned (and dry) hallway walks of BWV and AKV over the outdoor walks from your room to the main building at SSR and OKW as we solely rely on Disney transportation.

But to answer the question...if you're at one end of Kidani, the walk is longer than being at the end of BWV...but you won't get lost at AKV. Lol, we took a wrong turn tonight at BWV after taking the stairs, had to backtrack... and I didn't think that would happen this trip... we're in a standard view room...we just have to keep left when going from the lobby.

It was like a never ending last mile at the end of the day.
The part that's really annoying, is that you can't see the end of the hallway. Everytime you think you're coming to the end, there's a turn, and another section. When we stayed a few years ago, due to complications with the sale of my house, I kept having to go to the front desk to sign and fax documents. My brother ended up driving me after a couple of runs. Also there's no way to make good use of your refillable mugs if you're at the end of the hallway.

Our home is BWV. We've often been way down close to the stairwells, close to HS. IT's nice to use those in the AM for rope drop, and lets you out a lot closer to HS....that said, it is not ideal at the end of a long, hot day, after walking back from HS, I do not want to hike up those stairs...THis last trip, we actually ended up on the other side of the elevators, I'd say about as far down the other hallway. DH and kids would go back up the stairs on that other side of the pool, but I'd wait for the elevators. That was a long hallway walk for sure tho.
Now.....Kidani.....a whole new level of long hallways. Last trip there, we were in the last room on the second to last building to the left of the lobby....it was nuts. at the end of the long day, I thought we'd NEVER get to the room When we stay there in Nov, I am making sure to put in a room request closer to the lobby. It was like a never ending last mile at the end of the day. That said, the views of the animals along the way helped a lot. We found ourselves pausing to watch in the AM/PM. We were closer to our car, and not too far from the pool, but I'd still prefer closer to the lobby
The part that's really annoying, is that you can't see the end of the hallway. Everytime you think you're coming to the end, there's a turn, and another section. When we stayed a few years ago, due to complications with the sale of my house, I kept having to go to the front desk to sign and fax documents. My brother ended up driving me after a couple of runs. Also there's no way to make good use of your refillable mugs if you're at the end of the hallway.
The one time I stayed at BWV we were on the far right (as you face the BWVs from the boardwalk) towards the Swan/Dolphin on an upper floor, the villa was near a stairwell, but the prospect of climbing 4 flights of stairs after all day walking in the parks...uh no. I saw two women almost come to blows at the only bank of elevators competing to cram into an elevator. Then, once you escape the elevator madness, you face those twists and turns down those low ceilinged tunnel like hallways...nice villa though, once you navigate your way to it.

I've stayed at the far end of BWV. Coming down the stairwells to walk outside is pleasant - lots to look at, and a great walk over to Epcot (or a bit closer to HS).

But the walk inside the hallway is seemingly never-ending. It's not so much the distance but the lack of anything to look at, no windows... just very monotonous. Felt a bit like Danny riding the hallways in The Shining after a while. I never figured out if you enter the side doors to the stairwells from the outside (or if so, which door to use), so we always came down the hallways when returning to our room (and used the stairwells when leaving).

I’ve experienced the hallways at BWV but not at AKV Kindani. Is Kidani much worse? I can handle the ones at BWV so trying to figure out how bad Kidani really is!

The Kidani building, one end to the other, is close to two-thirds of a mile long, making it one of the longest single hotel-type buildings in the world (and by world, I mean on earth not just at WDW). The longest walk at BWV to end rooms is one down the standard view hallway. That walk is a bit more than 1/3 the distance of the walk from lobby to end room on the north wing of Kidani. At normal adult pace, that boardwalk walk takes a little under 2 minutes. At Kidani, at the same pace, it takes more than 5 minutes (add a few minutes or more if also accompanied by little kids).

As far as hallway itself goes, Kidani makes the walk more pleasant. Its hallway is wider than BWV's and along the way are some large windows that you can look out of and see parts of the savanna and often animals.

Last edited:
Kidani way worse. We’ve stayed at the end of both. At least with BWV, you can get out close to HS or the bus!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter