• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Worried about car rental situation.

Just curious if Charlie Taxi is still doing flat rate fares between the airport and Aulani, if you know.

We're going in September with some friends for 9 nights at Aulani. Thinking about it the other day and decided to tack on a couple of days in Waikiki on the front end. We plan on just doing a taxi or Uber to our Waikiki hotel as there's no need for a car there. We will plan on meeting our friends at the airport when they fly in a couple of days later. They are renting the car (actually a van) for the rest of the trip.
It looks like they are 👍 and you can make a reservation online here: https://ecab.charleystaxi.com/BookTaxiE/AddBooking.aspx

I've been worried about the same thing. I booked our June rental back in December when prices were still good. We've got an SUV for 8 nights for $550. We arrive on a Tuesday afternoon and I'm hoping they have a car for us. I check the reservation once a week!

Yep, the rental prices were crazy high when we checked last week. We were also thinking of island hopping, but there was nothing available for the other islands.

I know this hasn’t been everyone’s experience but we arrived to HNL on 5/10 and walked right up to the Budget counter at the airport where there was no line and were off to Aulani in our rental about 10 mins later. Our booking was made through Costco in January. Maybe we got lucky but hopefully the supply / demand is improving!

Got here yesterday and rented from Hertz. There was 1 person ahead of us and they had a ton of cars in the lot. No issues at all. I do book directly with the company and sign up for their reward club instead of going through a third party. It's a not so we'll kept secret that they prefer not to fork out money to the third party.

I used to be a lei greeter back in the day. I’m so tempted to do some pickups for my dis friends to pay off my dues! Good to see the taxi is doing a deal and helehele looks even better for DVC.

Got here yesterday and rented from Hertz. There was 1 person ahead of us and they had a ton of cars in the lot. No issues at all. I do book directly with the company and sign up for their reward club instead of going through a third party. It's a not so we'll kept secret that they prefer not to fork out money to the third party.
How was the line to show your QR code for Safe Travels Hawaii indicating a negative covid test?

How was the line to show your QR code for Safe Travels Hawaii indicating a negative covid test?
We flew on Hawaiian airlines out of LAX and they have a desk at the gate that you can show your code and get your bracelet before you fly out. Then you just bypass all of that at HNL.

We flew on Hawaiian airlines out of LAX and they have a desk at the gate that you can show your code and get your bracelet before you fly out. Then you just bypass all of that at HNL.

Yes, from what I'm seeing, United and Hawaiian are doing that on all of their non stop flights from mainland to Hawaii

I just walked through with United too. Remember to get the bracelet at your last leg gate. I got there early cause that’s the long line.

We flew Hawaiian and were give bracelets as well. No delays at all when landing at HNL.

Darn it! We are flying from Atlanta on Delta—going to be in a 2 hr line I’m afraid!

Darn it! We are flying from Atlanta on Delta—going to be in a 2 hr line I’m afraid!
I think it really depends on when you get there. We had an early morning flight that got there at 10am local time and I could see that the line was not long. We also had only 1 person ahead of us in line at Hertz and 1person ahead of us checking into Aulani.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter