Worried about BLT???

charminnie

Mouseketeer
We are leaving in 58 days for what was planned to be the best WDW trip ever. 2 days at Hilton bonnet creek and 6 days at BLT. I picked BLT because of MK proximity and monorail. Now I am worried because there has been so many complaints on the DiS. Any good reviews?

We are leaving in 58 days for what was planned to be the best WDW trip ever. 2 days at Hilton bonnet creek and 6 days at BLT. I picked BLT because of MK proximity and monorail. Now I am worried because there has been so many complaints on the DiS. Any good reviews?

You will always hear more complaints than positive comments. Squeaky wheel.

It's a fine resort. It has a few negative things, but lots of positive things. You'll be fine.

BLT still has amazing MK and monorail proximity!

I didn't get my request (outside C, high floor) but utterly loved my 5th floor room..a fairly short walk with no stairs to the monorail escalator....Wow!

The piano black furniture is not perfectly polished between guests, but the room still felt great. Just come for location, and not to view a modern furnishing showroom.

I can't wait to stay there again!

In June we stayed for four nights at BLT with my family of 18 people. We had three two bedrooms. After those four nights, the rest of them moved to Bonnet Creek to stay on my DBs/DSIL Wyndam points while we switched to AKV. They divided up between a 2 BR at Bonnet Creek and a Presidential Suite (4 BR) rooms. Everyone commented on how much they preferred BLT over Bonnet Creek. My DSIL was the one that was the most disappointed in their Bonnet Creek rooms. She felt they were definitely a step down from BLT.

We visited them there one night and it was really hard to find a parking place. The resort was very large. Nothing at Disney compares for the number of guests staying there. The pools and looked great but they were extremely crowded. We could see the lazy river from the suites balcony and it looked like fun but it too was very busy even though it was around 7:30 PM.

I'm not sure about the 2BR but the presidential suite had a full size washer and dryer. I thought that was a nice touch. And a full dining room that sat 8 people in the Presidential suite and a smaller table for 6 in the 2BR. The appliances were okay, nothing top of the line.

We just got back from BLT on Tuesday and LOVED it!! We were in room 8034 (floor 10). It is a LV room facing the Contemporary pool and Bay Lake. From there we could see Downtown Disney, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and AK (bring your binoculars!). At night we would watch the 9pm Illuminations fireworks at Epcot and then at 10pm we'd go up to TOTWL and watch the Wishes Fireworks show. Then we'd watch the Electrical Water Pageant on Bay Lake to top it off! The only drawback could be is if you're looking for a quiet night with little activity. If that's the case, then AKL would work better for you. We stayed at both and loved the quiet nights at AKL and also loved the buzz around BLT at night.

Some of those complaints were mine and i till tell you, you will like the resort. It is not as fancy as the other ones but it is nice to just hang out around the CR or just to walk over the MK for an hour or two...or swing by the other monorail resorts or over to FW for the camp fire and movie.... Staying at a monorail resort means you have the run of the monorail area.

We love BLT. You can't beat its location for convenience. Poly and GF are a monorail ride away, and you can walk to MK. Plus the views are great. Don't let the complaints worry you. For anyplace you can name, there are people who have complaints about it.

If BLT was truly disappointing, it would be much easier to book.

We've found the studios to be just OK (which isn't bad), but love the 1BRs. Lots of space, like the kitchen, 2 full baths. Tough to beat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Note2 using DISBoards

Have never stayed at BLT-- we are new DVC members with an older daughter and are booked at BWV, BUT we have stayed at the Hilton Bonnet Creek, and it is very nice. My daughter went around the lazy river 75 times a night. The bus service was great. We are not big MK fans because my dad lives near Disneyland, so we go to WDW for the other parks, but I am intrigued by BLT. I'm sure it will be great. Relax. Have a great time. I'm sure both accommodations will be wonderful.

I'm obsessed with BLT. BF and I have a AKL reservation for November, but my heart belongs to BLT. It was great to just be able to walk to MK- we walked to MK on our first night for Wishes and walked back to CR for dinner. When we wanted to wander around, we liked being able to walk into CR. Wishes is my favorite fireworks display so TOTW was really great. It was never crowded when we were up there. We also liked having the Water Parade outside our window. The Community Hall was also nice. When we were there, we rented Brave for when we wanted a "downtime" night in the room.

BF stayed in BWV with his family and we were in SSR in 2009 but we both agree that BLT spoiled us with being able to stay on a monorail resort. Also, everyone there was super friendly and nice.

I'm at BLT now and this has always been my resort of choice because of the ease of getting to MK, Epcot, and the other resorts. I eat at a lot of signature restaurants, so staying here means I can just walk across the street and get the resort bus I need as opposed to having to go to a theme park and then get the resort bus I want. Yes, the rooms are smaller, but that's the trade off. The only DVC resorts I haven't stayed in are BC and VWL. I keep coming back to BLT, so that should tell you something!

stayed at Contemporary years ago & was upgraded to concierge level. still was not by any means in love with the Contemporary. Do you think I would like BLT? Convenience of monorail nice but prefer Poly or even WL for proximity to MK.

BLT is a great location if you want access to the MK and monorail. :thumbsup2

Early on it was noticed that the rooms were showing more wear than normal and there were some design issues. IMO the people staying at BLT seemed to be harder on the rooms than the other resorts for some reason.

That being said, you run the risk if getting a room with issues at all of the resorts.

Don't worry about it, have a great time and report back to us after your vacation. :goodvibes

:earsboy: Bill

We just stayed at BLT last week. Ironically we were in the same exact room that we had last summer. The Roman shade on the balcony door from the living room was not working last June, but it worked fine this time, so they eventually do repair things! There were a few scuffs on the furniture and a light was out, but otherwise the room was in good working order. It is nice to be within walking distance of MK and it was nice to just hop the monorail for our SOA dinner. AKV is still our favorite, but there is nothing that we have been so offended by to keep us from staying at BLT again.

Enjoy your trip!

We just stayed in a studio at BLT in June. We loved it! Our room was in perfect order, very clean, and we even had our requests met!

The only negatives I could say is that a studio is quite small for a family of four, and we were not really fans of the pools(BLT or CR.). However, we did pool hop to the Poly and that was awesome! Lastly, it costs a lot of points to stay there, but I do think it is worth it.

I just got home yesterday from a 5 night stay at BLT (my 1st) in a 1 bedroom, lake view, and we loved it. Our room (4th floor near walkway elevator) was clean and in great condition. We had a view of the pool, which I loved since I had 3 grandsons with me and I could sit on the balcony and see them when they were down at the pool every afternoon. I gave the boys the bedroom and had a twin blowup mattress for the 3rd child - plenty of room. I took the pull out sleeper chair and it was VERY comfortable! I slept like a baby every night. My only complaint would be the poor lighting in the 2nd bathroom. I gave the boys the main bath and I took the small one. Overall I loved the resort and will stay there again. I did not request a room because I had never stayed there before and just took a chance - I was very pleased with our room and view. Animal Kingdom is our home resort and still our favorite, but the convenience of BLT to everything was nice with the teenagers. Absolutely loved being able to see the fireworks from the top of the world lounge and just walk back to the room!

BLT is one of my family's favorite resorts and we love staying there. Once you have the experience of walking to/from the MK and the monorail to EP, it spoils you. We also love the pool at BLT and the rooftop viewing deck has amazing views.

BLT rocks. It's our home resort and we just stayed there for the second time in June. We had a beautiful lake view on the 15th floor. I loved waking up and hearing the boat horns across the lake in the morning. The whole area is amazing with the views of Bay lake or SSL or MK. The monorails sliding by every few minutes. The CR is nice for dining and exploring. Night time is so cool in that area with everything all lit up. Don't let everyone's complaints worry you. :cool2:

I was never a fan of the Contemporary but bought BLT because of its proximity to MK. After one visit I added on 125 points. The studios are way small but the 1 and 2 bedrooms are great. I love the convenience and the TOWL. I spend a lot of time on the balcony and every view I've had has been good. My least fav. was the 3rd floor theme park view which was actually a parking lot view. I think that problem has been remedied by changing some of the the so called theme park views to std. Enjoy your BLT stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter