World Poker Tour on Travel Channel

BedKnobbery2

<font color=blue>Saucy Pants!<br><font color=red>W
Has anyone else been watching this series? I caught it for the first time on Saturday at 2pm; its on again tonight at 9pm, a new episode, this one filmed at Foxwoods. After just one show, I'm already addicted!!

This is not the championship show that we see run frequently on ESPN, but rather it follows the smaller competitions leading up to the big one at Bannion's. They have small cameras installed in the table so you can see all of the player's cards for each round. For anyone who enjoys competitive poker, this is a must-see. I *love* this show!!

BK

I love it too!!! I've seen a couple of the shows so far -- it's so addicting watching it!!

Whew, Steve, I'm glad someone else likes it as much as I do!! LOL My boyfriend equated it to watching golf :rolleyes: but I find it fascinating!! Can't wait for tonight's episode!!

BK

Oh good....other people have been watching this, too!!! Yes, I like it and try to catch it when I can. :D

What I want to know is why this is even aired on the TRAVEL CHANNEL? Every time I want to watch the Travel Channel it has something on there about gambling...mostly Vegas. They should call it the Las Vegas Channel. :D

my husband is a former poker dealer and he LOVES watching this show! it's so funny...he gets so excited about the hands and stuff that you would swear he watching a football game! we love to watch it...

Scarlett,

LOL I am the same way!! I get so excited about the hands too. It is so different from any other coverage of competitive poker I've seen. I love when they show the stats (like...John has a 64% chance of winning this hand) because it is interesting to think of poker as a game of mathematics too....most people think it is just psychological (which it is, too, of course). It is interesting to see someone fold on a hand I would have considered good. Unfortunately, the hotel I was in last night DIDN'T HAVE THE TRAVEL CHANNEL!! I swear, they had every other channel known to man but the travel channel. Grr....at least it will be replayed on Saturday at 2pm, when I'll be home and able to watch it. I can't wait!!

BK

BK...

i was so tired last night that i watched until the first person went out...and then i remembered waking up at 10:03pm...:( i missed the whole thing!! oh well...hubby gave me the update! it's just funny to be with him when he's watching this show...the neighbors must wonder what football game we could be watching in april!! :rolleyes:

i'm not a card player, but he's giving me lessons. i'm slowly learning...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter