World passport Collection exchange-Depoe bay Oregon

Wilsonfamily4

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the point value would be for Worldmark in Depoe Bay for a summer month? I am not a DVC member yet but I am trying to look at everything before we buy in the spring. We love this resort and try to visit there so I thought I would see what it would cost me to stay there once we join on points if we so decide to. THANKS

ALSO I know this is not the BEST way to use points, just wanting to look at all options

Worldmark Depoe Bay will cost 270 points for the 2 Bedroom unit during the summer. However, a trade through II might be difficult during this time. We own a Worldmark for our West Coast travel, and a Disney for every other year to WDW. If we can't go to WDW we will use the points at DL for a few days here and there. It might be easier to buy less points from Disney and have another Worldmark for your travels to Oregon. Trades are not always guaranteed so you may be rolling the dice to get to Depoe Bay. I got sick of waiting for 13 or 14 months without hearing from II about a trade request to Worldmark Marina Dunes so I bought Worldmark points resale for far less than they are selling them for. If you buy resale off of the internet, you will save a great deal of money as opposed to buying from Wyndam Vacation Ownership (Worldmark). No right of first refusal to worry about and easy transfer process (at least in my experience).

Hope this helps.:thumbsup2

I agree with kjjlouie's comments! (Of course, we also own WM for West Coast travels!)

Another route would be direct exchanges with WM owners. You'll need the WM owner advantage of booking 13-months out for the Oregon coastal locations.

Thanks guys. That is a really bad exchange. I mean I could pay the 300 a night and it would be better. We love staying there and will just continue paying cash.
Someday we may need to look at Worldmark. We love their resorts. Especailly the one in Whister.

Someday we may need to look at Worldmark. We love their resorts.
Why wait? Our first look into timeshare started with the DVC tour in 1998 (BWV) -- but our first purchase was Worldmark in 2000. (The DVC purchase finally came together in 2004.)

It sure makes sense for their "drive-to" locations. For more reasons ... link.

Stepping down from my soapbox ... and wishing you the best in your decision process!

We bought a 6000 credit Worldmark membership for just above $4500. Right now WVO sells credits for around $1.80 a credit. After that, we added a 5000 credit membership for a little over $4000. If money is an issue, you can find memberships for sale that allow you to take over someone's payments. The down side to this is that you also inherit their interest rate. Therefore, if you take over an account from someone who had bad credit, you'll probably be paying up to 18% interest if you choose this option. There is a $150 transfer fee and a down payment required to do this.

Thanks GUYS!!!!!
This is very helpful. We really want to get a Disney timeshare but I have been thinking maybe a smaller DVC contract and then a little later add the Worldmark timeshare. What does 6000 points get you? Does that get a full week at say Depoe Bay Oregon or Whistler, Canada? Also what are yearly dues like with 6000 points? We do not want to do any of this on financing. it would be all cash or nothing at all.

What does 6000 points get you? Does that get a full week at say Depoe Bay Oregon or Whistler, Canada?
You'll need at least 7k to book a full week studio at most locations in high season (red). However, 6k contracts are easy to find, get your foot in the door, and could be considered an every-other-year purchase. WM credits expire after 2 years from issue and you may borrow next year's allocation if needed.

Credit values (aka point charts) are available for all WM resorts via the Resort Gallery page.

Also what are yearly dues like with 6000 points?
Current dues table is located: link. As the dues are based on steps, you may want to consider owning the maximum credits at any step level -- or better owning at the top of any 5k increment (5k, 10k, 15k).

Can you book just a few days at a Worldmark location or only a full week? I was thinking it would be nice to just take a small vacation in the area and then save points up to exchange for DVC. Does that make sense?

Can you book just a few days at a Worldmark location or only a full week? I was thinking it would be nice to just take a small vacation in the area and then save points up to exchange for DVC. Does that make sense?
Yes ... with comments:
  • Reservations during low (blue) and mid (white) seasons may be booked for fewer than 7-nights as far as 13-months from arrival.
  • Reservations during high (red) season must be 7+ nights when booking beyond 90 days from arrival. However -- the 7 night minimum may be combined across multiple resort locations. (Example: 3 nights at Running Y at Klamath Falls with 2 nights at Depoe Bay and 2 nights at Seaside.)
  • "Only space available" (OSA) may get you out from the 90-day Red Season rule. OSA provides that "broken tidbits of availability" may be reserved "as is" whenever they occur. If a night or two is available with no availability on either side -- it qualifies under OSA. I pick up many 1n or 2n stays at Dolphin's Cove in Anaheim months in advance thanks to this rule.
  • 2 night minimum, if available, for reservations including a Friday night. (I'm fuzzy on this ... please refer to the Owner's Ed Handbook.)
Complete info: Worldmark Owner's Education Handbook. While reading this PDF guide, also be watching for guidelines on Housekeeping and its implications on short stays.

Small update: The PDF is somewhat out of date (2006). It refers to a 60-day window for booking <7 night stays in Red season. This was expanded to 90-days starting this year. LINK to announcement.

Does anyone know if buying Worldmark through resale will get you all the perks of purchasing from Worldmark? I know there are at least a couple of timeshares that eliminate some of the perks (like offering greatly discounted stays for cash) if you purchase on resale market.

Does anyone know if buying Worldmark through resale will get you all the perks of purchasing from Worldmark? I know there are at least a couple of timeshares that eliminate some of the perks (like offering greatly discounted stays for cash) if you purchase on resale market.
WM Credits via Resale do NOT count towards TravelShare. As far as I know, this is the only difference. Two links on TravelShare:

Any credits bought on the resale market will not be eligible for Travelshare. However, you are still entitled to booking at all Worldmark resorts. Worldmark with Travelshare members are automatically enrolled in RCI, and they have access to vacations that non-Travelshare members don't. Travelshare members have the opportunity to book bonus time 3 weeks in advance as opposed to 2 weeks. In addition to this, they can use their credits at select Wyndam Hotels.

After all is said and done, 3 week bonus time (referred to as Fun Time) costs 50% more to book. Credit values for Wyndam hotel properties are extremely high and eat up credits. RCI memberships can be purchased separately for less money on a yearly basis than the upgrade to Travelshare.

In a nutshell, IMHO you won't be missing much if your resale credits are not Travelshare eligible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter