World of Color Superthread

Hey, did the earthquake have any impact at DLR last night? It happened at about 9:30pm. Did the 10:15 WOC show go on as planned? I think they cancelled the fireworks, cause I didn't hear them from my house like I usually do...

Whenever there's an earthquake I think they close/cycle out all the rides, so that's an impact. The timing was actually probably not bad because a lot of people would have been outdoors already, in the vicinity of Fantasmic!, World of Color, or the fireworks. I also read that the fireworks went off last night, but I'm currently several hundred miles away from the parks so... :flower3:

Whenever there's an earthquake I think they close/cycle out all the rides, so that's an impact. The timing was actually probably not bad because a lot of people would have been outdoors already, in the vicinity of Fantasmic!, World of Color, or the fireworks. I also read that the fireworks went off last night, but I'm currently several hundred miles away from the parks so... :flower3:

I think the closing of ride and doing a test cylce is only a rumor. I could see it if the quake was close but not a small one or a distant one. Lots of people post about thier experience in the park and apparently only AL noticed opporations shutting down for a while. I'm waiting for somone else to say what happned.

Didn't knowtice anything at all didn't even know there was a quake. Rides were open no delays or anything. I thought fireworks were seemed like 9:35pm when going off maybe that's the time they always do?

Didn't knowtice anything at all didn't even know there was a quake. Rides were open no delays or anything. I thought fireworks were seemed like 9:35pm when going off maybe that's the time they always do?

There is another poster who is there that watched the fireworks, she or he didn't mention a quake or anything being down. But definitly saw fireworks too.

Nothing went down... its suppose to, but nothing went down...

fireworks and fantasmic are pushed back by 5 mins now... and i think it will stay like that permanently...

This is my experience from tonight. My friend and I had a pre-order picnic meal. We arrived around 530 and ate our food. We were given yellow fast passes for the 9pm show. We lined up around where the Ariel ride will be at 7. They started letting people in a few minutes after. We got in on the first phase and got in line at the yellow section. After maybe 20 min they started letting people into the yellow viewing areas. Most rushed to the bottom but then people began filling up the front row of the upper areas. We were lucky and got a front row on the 3rd tier. Being close didn't matter to us. Our priority was being the first in our row so nobody would be blocking us. The show itself was amazing. We had a great time. We watched the 1115 show from the back side. Not as good but it was very cool seeing all the jets going off. Hope this helps someone. Sorry for any typos...I'm writing this in bed on my phone.

So, when we go next Friday night our goal should be to get a spot at a railing or wall, even if it's up a little higher? I would really like for my kids to see...

From what I see from the last poster, each color has multple tiers? I guess I should either go myself or send my husband to get a good spot while one of us takes a little longer to get the stroller there.

So, when we go next Friday night our goal should be to get a spot at a railing or wall, even if it's up a little higher? I would really like for my kids to see...

With kids, absolutely that should be your goal. Make sure your kids can see over the wall too.

With kids, absolutely that should be your goal. Make sure your kids can see over the wall too.

I agree.

From what I see from the last poster, each color has multple tiers? I guess I should either go myself or send my husband to get a good spot while one of us takes a little longer to get the stroller there.

Both of you should wait, it is hard to save places at a rail. You can send him ahead, but not in place of both of you being there at section opening. Further back is not bad at all, because the show is so large you actually can get a better view. It's more important to get a rail or be in the front of a section that closer to the lagoon.

I just meant that one of us could start walking with the crowd while the other follows behind with the large double stroller. I'm not the greatest at steering the stroller (especially with both kids in it). We will definately wait together though. What time would you recommend getting to the FP waiting spot before the show? Is that where Glow Fest is happening? Does the FP ticket tell you where to go on it? I am not at all familiar with DCA, so I want to make sure I know where to go.

We liked being at the top of one of the 2 sets of stairs in the Blue section because then there was very little chance anyone directly in front of us could block us.

Do the picnic FP always have the same color on them? I thought that I had seen someone who had blue, but then on a different day someone had yellow. Maybe I'm just mistaken though...

if you want a spot on the rail i would suggest getting there at 7:00 for the 9:00 show (fastpass says 7:30) but they let people in before that. if you don’t get in with the first wave of people they let into the area then you will not get a front spot in any section (at least according to what i observed last night.) your fastpass will have a color, i had yellow. once you are past the first waiting area there are cast members at each of the colored viewing areas. this was the confusing part for us...we had yellow passes but none of the areas were marked so we basically had to walk up and ask what color they were. last night the sections were lined up as orange -> blue -> yellow -> red

i did picnic and got a yellow fastpass. looking at one of the posters' blog here they got a blue pass. i dont know if it matters when you go pickup your meal? i went later around 5:30pm

Thanks for the tip! We are planning on picking up our meals at 4:00ish to eat while waiting for the Pixar parade at 5:15. We will definately plan on being there at around 7:00, but will they tell us where to be? I have a DCA map in front of me, but it was from before WOC actually opened, so it's not on the map...

nobody told us where to be but at the same time we didnt ask anyone. i'll try to find a map online and outline where we were for you. give me a bit

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter