World of color dessert party?!

OOoooohhh.... decisions to make! This trip is just me and my daughter and we're using points/miles for all of our hotel and airfare, so we might be able to splurge a bit. We have WOC package reservations for lunch at WCT. I wonder if we should do this instead. We weren't really sold on WCT, it was just a way to get preferred seating since we're going during one of the busy spring break weeks (and have never seen WOC). This is definitely more expensive, but would make the rest of our day more flexible with being able to eat wherever we want, whenever we want. Hmmmm....

We booked it for the March 17th. We will likely cancel the WOC dinner package and simply schedule a dinner at the WCT for the same time. We truly enjoy the WCT so this may be a win-win for us. Just when the planning is completed...it's not....

Mike

OOoooohhh.... decisions to make! This trip is just me and my daughter and we're using points/miles for all of our hotel and airfare, so we might be able to splurge a bit. We have WOC package reservations for lunch at WCT. I wonder if we should do this instead. We weren't really sold on WCT, it was just a way to get preferred seating since we're going during one of the busy spring break weeks (and have never seen WOC). This is definitely more expensive, but would make the rest of our day more flexible with being able to eat wherever we want, whenever we want. Hmmmm....
The WOC dining packages do not include reserved seating. It is a reserved standing area.

The WOC dining packages do not include reserved seating. It is a reserved standing area.

Great point and something to consider. We've done the WOC dinner package several times and the area has been empty to sardines...The idea of a reserved seat and our experience at the Illuminations Party in Epcot are some of the reasons we are going to give it a try.

I called Disney today about this out of curiosity. They confirmed its seating "waterfront" with a dessert tray similar to what fantastic was with a glass of sparkling wine if over 21 and other drink options if not of age or not interested. The dinning packages will be above the dessert party further back on the next "tier" she said

I'm looking forward to reviews on this. I'm curious to see a map of the reserved areas once everything falls into place.

I'm thinking of going with this option for our splurge on our June trip. I think it will work out better for us than the Blue Bayou parade seating on Main Street. My daughter has severe anxiety and though the seating for the parade would be fine, moving out into the crowded street for the fireworks could be a problem. Watching fireworks from closer to Small World would probably have more breathing room.

I called Disney today about this out of curiosity. They confirmed its seating "waterfront" with a dessert tray similar to what fantastic was with a glass of sparkling wine if over 21 and other drink options if not of age or not interested. The dinning packages will be above the dessert party further back on the next "tier" she said

So do your drinks and desserts get drenched? :-)

I loved the F! dessert package! So worth it....was super bummed when it disappeared. Would definitely go for this package on our next trip

Has anyone called that has an annual pass? I am wondering if there will be a discount. That $79 stings a bit so a discount would be nice.

Has anyone called that has an annual pass? I am wondering if there will be a discount. That $79 stings a bit so a discount would be nice.
In the Q&A on the parks blog someone said they asked and there is not AP discount.

I'm intrigued by this, if it works out well for others I would consider splurging on it someday! The desserts look a lot nicer than what I remembered of the old seated Fantasmic packages. I felt that selection was really sad but the pics shown in the link look yummy! (And I agree about the old Fantasmic Premium package @Nonsuch the value was definitely reduced by the fact you had to arrive extra early to stand in line, hopefully they'll work out a better system here but I'm not holding my breath!)

Sorry... I mistyped. I knew that the dining packages are standing, just got ahead of myself when typing. The thought of sitting is sounding really appealing right now. Having actual seats sounds like it will give you a little more personal space than standing.... plus it'll be at the end of a long day. I think we'll drop our WCT WOC reservations on 3/30 and do this instead. Considering dropping our Aladdin PTN reservations too (we have BB reserved as well), to even things out financially a little more.

Exactly. A Glass, or can you get a refill? Any idea which bubbly they've served in the past? Is it the Iron Horse Cuvee?

This actually intrigues me and we might do it on our March trip. I cannot decide though if I'd rather wait for our next trip in the hopes that the original WOC returns as this version was not our favorite. We don't tend to do these 'splurges' more than once. It is a lot of money, but we'll be there during heavy crowds and after the long wait we had last time and how much I would have paid then to be able to sit at the end of a long day....

That is an awfully expensive set of desserts.

You are paying for a seat...with desserts!

During the F! days before fast passes it was much more valuable as it meant you did not need to camp out for a god seat hours ahead of time. WOC it is just more of a luxury.

That's weird. The blog said something different. "If you are facing the water, the seating area for the Dessert Party is just to the left of Carthay Circle viewing area, on the same level."
Isn't the CCR viewing area in the back, along the level where the VIP seating is?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter