World of Color Dessert Party Question

The dessert party is definitely about the seats and view, not the desserts. The regular viewing area and dining package viewing areas are standing only during the show-- so if you are short like me that can be a problem, unless you invest the time to try to get to the front of the crowd and get up to or close to the rail (and don't mind being in the wet zone), or get on the steps or another prime viewing place.

The dessert party allows you to sit during the show, and also mostly guarantees that you will get a decent full view (we had one time at a high top back table behind a high top front table with people that looked like they came from a football team that we had an issue seeing). We've done it several times (and done the dining package several times and been in the standing crowd) and last time the dessert plate was "meh" at best. Seems like I saw somewhere they switched the alcoholic mixed drink options from 2 different options to a single option that changes out pretty often? The question is more whether it is worth the money to you to be able to sit down and have an unobstructed view, than whether you want the dessert. I love WOC, so for me it is worth it to be sure I see the show instead of just the back of the tall person in front of me. If I were tall, and didn't have a kid I wanted to be sure could see, it probably wouldn't be.

The dessert party is definitely about the seats and view, not the desserts. The regular viewing area and dining package viewing areas are standing only during the show-- so if you are short like me that can be a problem, unless you invest the time to try to get to the front of the crowd and get up to or close to the rail (and don't mind being in the wet zone), or get on the steps or another prime viewing place.

The dessert party allows you to sit during the show, and also mostly guarantees that you will get a decent full view (we had one time at a high top back table behind a high top front table with people that looked like they came from a football team that we had an issue seeing). We've done it several times (and done the dining package several times and been in the standing crowd) and last time the dessert plate was "meh" at best. Seems like I saw somewhere they switched the alcoholic mixed drink options from 2 different options to a single option that changes out pretty often? The question is more whether it is worth the money to you to be able to sit down and have an unobstructed view, than whether you want the dessert. I love WOC, so for me it is worth it to be sure I see the show instead of just the back of the tall person in front of me. If I were tall, and didn't have a kid I wanted to be sure could see, it probably wouldn't be.

$89 for a seat is pretty steep. With rush, lottery, and discount tickets I don't come close to paying that much for Broadway shows.

Thanks for the answers, but the dessert party is going to be a pass for me.

I would much rather get the pre-plated set of items than have to waste time fighting through a buffet line, and don't mind sharing a table with other people, but my disappointment was the "one drink per guest" policy. At that price point, I expect a refill or two.
They don’t even give you a refill anymore? Dang. My experience was Pre Covid and I remember them encouraging us to like take a cup of coffee to go after the show ended.

$89 for a seat is pretty steep. With rush, lottery, and discount tickets I don't come close to paying that much for Broadway shows.
In defense of WOC dessert party price your seating alternative to a Broadway show isn’t standing only packed in like a sardine.

I found $0 value to the food, maybe it got better post-Covid? Pre—Covid the only thing edible to me was the fruit lol, the rest was disgusting. The drinks were nice but not much of a value add.

Still not worth $89 to me. If it is to you, great. :D
Everyone has to decide what is best for them. We did it last year and are doing it again when we go next week. It added magic to our trip. We enjoyed the desserts and drinks and the seats and view were wonderful. We don’t want to miss the new show and we are taking our niece for the first time so we know she will love the light up cup.

I found $0 value to the food, maybe it got better post-Covid? Pre—Covid the only thing edible to me was the fruit lol, the rest was disgusting. The drinks were nice but not much of a value add.
Nope, it got worse! ... at least in our opinion. But- it has been a while, so maybe it has changed again.

In defense of WOC dessert party price your seating alternative to a Broadway show isn’t standing only packed in like a sardine.

I think that is the reason we are going to do it....even more so with F! being on hiatus. I considered doing the dining package but then realize it was still a toss up with a view. With my husband(6'6 standing easily blocks other and wouldn't be able to comfortably hold our 5 yr old to see the whole time), 5 yr old, 14 yr old(5'9), and me who is 5'4 -- not risking it. If anything the idea of my husband blocking others bothers me. I am excited to sit at hopefully a high top and enjoy the view. Will the desserts & drinks be amazing or what I hear WDW is -- nah probably not. But I am pretty sure it will be a highlight of the trip even more so for the kids! I havent been able to see WOC before so I am excited. I really want to see fireworks in front of the castle and I wish there was a way to pay for reserved seating beyond a VIP tour for the exact reason.

With that said I 100% get that it is out of budget for most and you can still enjoy the show probably without. I think with the dining package I would probably be disappointed but not with the dessert package

We have reservations on Monday for dessert party-for the 2nd show. Where and when do we check in? Do you prefer a low table or high top? There are just 2 of us! Thanks for your help! We are looking forward to our trip!

We have reservations on Monday for dessert party-for the 2nd show. Where and when do we check in? Do you prefer a low table or high top? There are just 2 of us! Thanks for your help! We are looking forward to our trip!
You check in over by the water wheel, somewhat close to the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. It is right in front of the where the rafts get brought up to start Grizzly River Run. There will be a sign that says World of Color Dessert Party and then a couple of cast members there with an iPad to check you in and then give you wrist bands.

We checked in right around 7:15 for the first showing, there was ample seating to pick from as we were probably within the first 7 groups to have checked in. We chose a high top table which provided a great view. We all loved the show.

Check in at the Grizzly Peak. Usually they start check in for the second show near around the time the first show starts. But you can always stop by and ask when the check in starts for the second while they are doing the first check in.

I have a different experience than most in that they told me the tables were preassigned two times I did it recently. Other said they could choose, but since you are a party of two you will most likely be sitting with others so if they do let you pick your seat you will need to get there at the front of the line because eventually parties that are sitting together if they allow seat selections maybe limited because of the group seating.

As for high or low I’ve gotten both. My low top table was 100% unobstructed right in the center with no one in front. My high top was slightly obstructed one time but other times perfect. I would recommend asking for the best view if they let you.

We enjoyed the food, and the seats were fantastic.
Well worth the money spent for us.
But I have two kids, neither can see the show at all when standing as there are just too many people packed in.
So it was lovely having a nice relaxing place to sit and eat yummy treats.
Kids loved their glow drinks also which was a nice touch.

We just did the 2nd show on Friday. We got in line by the Eureka wheel at GRR at about 7:45. We were the second group in line. They started checking us in when the first party was all checked in about 8:15-8:20ish. We have table 27. It was a high top in the center, right at the bottom of the stairs to the left. The mother and daughter we shared a table with had done the dessert party several times and said it was the best seat they’ve had. I just told the CM checking in that we wanted a high top and we would trust his judgement!

After we got checked in, we went and rode Webslingers and came back around 9:30. We were towards the end of the line but since you already have a table, you’re just being walked over. The show was great and we really enjoyed the dessert plate. Have fun!!!

We have table 27. It was a high top in the center, right at the bottom of the stairs to the left. The mother and daughter we shared a table with had done the dessert party several times and said it was the best seat they’ve had.

We had table 27 a week ago, and I agree it’s the best high top we’ve ever had! 🤩

I think that is the reason we are going to do it....even more so with F! being on hiatus. I considered doing the dining package but then realize it was still a toss up with a view. With my husband(6'6 standing easily blocks other and wouldn't be able to comfortably hold our 5 yr old to see the whole time), 5 yr old, 14 yr old(5'9), and me who is 5'4 -- not risking it. If anything the idea of my husband blocking others bothers me. I am excited to sit at hopefully a high top and enjoy the view. Will the desserts & drinks be amazing or what I hear WDW is -- nah probably not. But I am pretty sure it will be a highlight of the trip even more so for the kids! I havent been able to see WOC before so I am excited. I really want to see fireworks in front of the castle and I wish there was a way to pay for reserved seating beyond a VIP tour for the exact reason.

With that said I 100% get that it is out of budget for most and you can still enjoy the show probably without. I think with the dining package I would probably be disappointed but not with the dessert package
Dessert package is worth it to me. After a long day, you get to sit down (that alone is worth it). I've done it twice and chose high-top table each time. You sit in directors chairs, two on each side of the round table. When you check in you let them know your preference, they'll show you a seating map and you can choose from what is available. This was my view and what the dessert plate looks like.

Attachments

• IMG_4155.jpeg
    IMG_4155.jpeg
    67.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4156.jpeg
    IMG_4156.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4158.jpeg
    IMG_4158.jpeg
    53.7 KB · Views: 36
For anyone wondering about the wording change on the 2 alcoholic drinks, we went Thursday 6/1 and we each got two. Our server offered a second one after our first was low.

What is the alcoholic drink? Is it a pre-made thing or do you get a choice? (In case I decide to do it.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter