Workshops at Great American Scrapbook Convention

Yzerbear19

I'm beautifully tragic - Elphaba (Wicked)
My sister and I along with my sister-in-law as well as my brother's ex-girlfriend (long story there) are thinking of going to the Great American Scrapbook convenction in Grand Rapids in July. My sister and I will be driving by ourselves since we don't like our brother's ex-girlfriend. Ugh. I have no idea why he even still talks to her, she's absolutely psycho! I've been looking over the workshop lists and can't decide. I was thinking of one of the digital scrapbooking ones, but don't know which one would be best. I like the description for this one: "Learn More About Digital Photography & Improve Your Scrapbooks," but its only offered on Friday which would mean that I would have to take that day off work. But then we could go both Friday and Saturday since we already have a hotel room reserved. Here is the list for Grand Rapids:

https://www.greatamericanscrapbook.com/Classes.aspx?ShowId=5

Anyone have any suggestions? Recommendations? Are the workshops really worth going to? I would hate to spend the money and get nothing out of it.

Also I've never gone to a crop, what goes on at the cropping parties? What kind of materials should be bring?

Thanks!

hi! if you are interested in taking classes at GASC, watch that you take only manufacturer taught/sponsored classes. those classes that are sposored by a manufacturer but taught by a gasc instructor will most likely be disappointing. I was a gasc instructor for 2 years, we always got our projects literally a day before class and if we were lucky would have enough supplies for our students to share. classpacks would most likely have items missing as well. manu. sponsored and taught classes are better because the instructor normally comes up with the project, everything is in the classpacks, and there are even some giveaways. they are just in general more prepared.
gasc crops are great, they normally have a tool table and giveaways. dont expect to get too much done though, youll be busy looking at what everyone else is doing.
take advantage of the make and take projects at the convention and think before you buy things, some stuff may seem great as it is demonstrated, but remember these people have been using these items for a long time. when you get home, who are you going to ask for help when you forget how it works!
hope this helps!
jenn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter