working on our ADR list (updated in last post - at 100 days out finally snagged ROL!!!)

oh wait...i just noticed that the disney website does have their hours posted for the first week of august....
i know they can always change it at the last minute (and they usually do), but at least i can base the schedule on something semi-concrete

Draft 3
MK
- Cinderella's Royal Table (lunch)
- Be Our Guest (dinner)
- Skipper Canteen (lunch)
- Crystal Palace (lunch)
- Plaza Restaurant (lunch)

DHS
- Fantasmic Package - Hollywood & Vine character meal (minnie dinner)
- 50's prime time (lunch)
- sci fi (lunch)

AK
- Yak & Yeti (lunch)
- Tusker House character meal (lunch)
- Tusker House character meal (lunch)

Epcot
- Akerhous character meal (lunch)
- San Angel Inn (lunch)
- La Hacienda de San Angel (dinner)
- Coral Reef (lunch)

Hotels
- 1900 Park Fare - character meal (dinner)
- Chef Mickey - character meal (dinner)
- Beaches & Cream (lunch?)
- Ohana (breakfast)

i believe that makes 19 credits (well it actually makes 20, but a few of them won't be all 8 of us, and a few will only be 2 of us, so in total it works out to the 19 credits)

Last edited:
i just realized my Credit card is going to get a major hit - i'm making reservations for 8 people for 19 restaurants!!!!
does anyone know? even if i'm making ADRs for 'free dining', do they still put a hold on my credit card for the full amount?
that's going to be a very big hold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well after watching Dis Unplugged today I had a rethink. They have a vlog about the top 5 worst and best 1 Table Service credit dining locations. Thanks Pete,Ollie, Steve and the gang. Great job on keeping us all informed.

Well after watching Dis Unplugged today I had a rethink. They have a vlog about the top 5 worst and best 1 Table Service credit dining locations. Thanks Pete,Ollie, Steve and the gang. Great job on keeping us all informed.

thanks for the heads up....i watched it...
i agree with everything they said except for the san angel inn...
DD loves the san angel inn, so we'll still be doing that one...

thanks for the heads up....i watched it...
i agree with everything they said except for the san angel inn...
DD loves the san angel inn, so we'll still be doing that one...
I understand what you mean, we never had a bad meal at Captains Grill yet we probably will miss this on our next visit whilst it's closed for a refurb. Alternative reduced selections from here will be available in other locations within Y&BC. Like Pete said is opinions are entirely his own. We watched a vlog on Planet Hollywood Observatory I'm reserving opinion on that until it's been open a few more weeks. They used to have the most delicious (upright) lasagna that I've ever had. No too sure about those burgers though. Morimoto Asia street food looks good as does the Home Coming menu and premises.

I understand what you mean, we never had a bad meal at Captains Grill yet we probably will miss this on our next visit whilst it's closed for a refurb. Alternative reduced selections from here will be available in other locations within Y&BC. Like Pete said is opinions are entirely his own. We watched a vlog on Planet Hollywood Observatory I'm reserving opinion on that until it's been open a few more weeks. They used to have the most delicious (upright) lasagna that I've ever had. No too sure about those burgers though. Morimoto Asia street food looks good as does the Home Coming menu and premises.

we don't have any disney springs restaurants on the list, but we might add them on the fly if we can...
it's so hard to know what we're going to be doing at any given moment 180 days from now!!

we don't have any disney springs restaurants on the list, but we might add them on the fly if we can...
it's so hard to know what we're going to be doing at any given moment 180 days from now!!
We are like you too, we still have no idea yet where we want to go on which specific days. We have decided that the two days at Universal will give us a couple of extra Table Service credits each to play with which is good. Over the last few trips we have switched reservations on the wing so to speak the day before or that morning when plans changed due to weather. Thank goodness the DDP allows this it's a very welcome perk for folks like us. Our main niggle is the lack of dining options at DHS it's gone on for years and they really need to update the restaurants there when the new changes are completed. I want to see the crowd calendar for last year to work out the where's and when's for the weeks we'll be going. I want to try some new culinary experiences, that don't include things I'm allergic to, without making a fuss about it. We thoroughly enjoyed Cali Grill and the view from the terrace up there was outstanding and breezy you can see right across Disney property and the food was great.

We are like you too, we still have no idea yet where we want to go on which specific days. We have decided that the two days at Universal will give us a couple of extra Table Service credits each to play with which is good. Over the last few trips we have switched reservations on the wing so to speak the day before or that morning when plans changed due to weather. Thank goodness the DDP allows this it's a very welcome perk for folks like us. Our main niggle is the lack of dining options at DHS it's gone on for years and they really need to update the restaurants there when the new changes are completed. I want to see the crowd calendar for last year to work out the where's and when's for the weeks we'll be going. I want to try some new culinary experiences, that don't include things I'm allergic to, without making a fuss about it. We thoroughly enjoyed Cali Grill and the view from the terrace up there was outstanding and breezy you can see right across Disney property and the food was great.

i would go for cali, but we'll have two young toddlers with us...i doubt we'd be able to enjoy the restaurant!!!!

i would go for cali, but we'll have two young toddlers with us...i doubt we'd be able to enjoy the restaurant!!!![/QUOTE Are you going with any other relatives who could mind them for you? Admittedly we never had the opportunity to use the childcare facilities when DS was small , we finally went in 2015 on a " date night". We have seen plenty of wonderful small children dining in various TS locations with their parents, they take it all in their stride. The staff are brilliant with them too, a few years back we had a little girl and her mum dining at our table in Teppan Edo. Both mum and daughter were made welcome even when the little girl was sat on her mum's knee eating from her plate and hiding under a cover when things got too much and she took a nap while mum finished eating. There are always activities for the kids to get involved in at the table. I think it helps them relax and try to expand their palates without a fuss. Enjoy your final selections and remember you can always change them if needs be.

Are you going with any other relatives who could mind them for you? Admittedly we never had the opportunity to use the childcare facilities when DS was small , we finally went in 2015 on a " date night". We have seen plenty of wonderful small children dining in various TS locations with their parents, they take it all in their stride. The staff are brilliant with them too, a few years back we had a little girl and her mum dining at our table in Teppan Edo. Both mum and daughter were made welcome even when the little girl was sat on her mum's knee eating from her plate and hiding under a cover when things got too much and she took a nap while mum finished eating. There are always activities for the kids to get involved in at the table. I think it helps them relax and try to expand their palates without a fuss. Enjoy your final selections and remember you can always change them if needs be.

the toddlers are my grandchildren.....neither of them has much restaurant sitting stamina....
interesting really as their father (my son) at that age could sit for ages in a restaurant..
but every child is different..
i hope that the various distractions in the restaurant (characters/coloring/etc) will keep them entertained long enough for the rest of us to at least enjoy the A/C for a while!! :)

Hope you got everything you wanted

mostly....we switched around the schedule a little bit to accommodate the few hiccups...
i still have 9 more days to reserve...not sure how that works....do they add on each day as we go?
i still have a few biggies to reserve that might be troublesome....time will tell

i should add that there was a big glitch in the system at about 30 minutes after the window opened...
the online system...that is the system that you reach from a pc/laptop....it crashed at 30 minutes..
but the MDE app on my iphone kept working..
i switched to the app to finish up...

so it's something to keep in mind..
have everything available to you before the window opens...

Have you thought about the Boat House in Disney springs? The food is great, we ate there with a 8 and a 10 year old. There were lots of families with younger children.

Have you thought about the Boat House in Disney springs? The food is great, we ate there with a 8 and a 10 year old. There were lots of families with younger children.

i haven't heard of it...i'm going to go read up on it right now :)
thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter