Working on a coffee table book from last US trip

Ms. Shuttergirl

DIS Veteran
So I've been throwing together a coffee table book from our 2010 US Trip and thought I would share. Not sure whether it is of interest or not but it's been fairly simple and fun to put together.

I will also be including all of the "live" journalling I did here on the DIS, obviously I will remove all of the abbreviations, and some of the monotonous talk that only us DISers enjoy.

There are 54 pages of photos :scared1:. Be afraid :rotfl2:.

There will be a similar amount of journalling but I won't bother to share that here because it can be found on my trip report thread in the bottom of my signature. Reading back over the journalling I did for you guys, I realise what an absolute gift all of the words are. Writing things as I was feeling them, sometimes tired and over everything, sometimes high on all we were seeing - it really is priceless. I intend to do that with all trips from now on, if you can stand it :lmao:.

Anyway, thought I would share and hopefully someone enjoys:-

On our way
leaving.jpg

Our hotel in NYC
hilton.jpg

Our favourite city
timessquare.jpg

miscnyc2.jpg

miscnyc1.jpg

miscnyc3.jpg

Yankees
yankees.jpg

yankees2.jpg

WWE wrestling for the boys - Mamma Mia for the girls
wrestling.jpg

Madam Tussauds
wax.jpg

Les Halles - our favourite dining experience in NYC
leshalles.jpg

Central Park - what a place
centralpark2.jpg

centralpark3.jpg

Favourite meal of the trip at Bubba Gumps - love me some Bourbon St Mahi Mahi

bubbagumps.jpg

FAO SChwarz
fao.jpg

Ellen's Stardust Diner - a must do
ellens.jpg

Off to WDW

Staying at WL first - so beautiful
wilderness1.jpg

Animal Kingdom
ak.jpg

ak2.jpg

Blizzard Beach
blizzardbeach.jpg

Epcot - various
epcotworldshowcase.jpg

Epcot1.jpg

Epcot2.jpg

F&W Fest Concert Series
epcotconcerts.jpg

F&W Festival
foodwine1.jpg

foodwine2.jpg

Hollywood Studios
hollywoodstudios.jpg

Beauty and the Beast
beautythebeast.jpg

Downtown Disney
downtowndisney1.jpg

downtowndisney2.jpg

Characters
characters1.jpg

characters2.jpg

Magic Kingdom
magickingdom.jpg

mickeyshow.jpg

Parades
parades1.jpg

parades2.jpg

Fireworks
fireworks1.jpg

fireworks2.jpg

Lion King
lionking.jpg

Nemo
nemo.jpg

Misc
miscwdw.jpg

Pop Century
pop.jpg

Some fave restaurants
restaurants.jpg

Some fave rides
rides.jpg

Teppan Edo
teppanedo.jpg

more WL
wilderness2.jpg

Harry Potter
harry1.jpg

harry2.jpg

harry3.jpg

Universal
universal.jpg

WOW!

They are amazing Ms.Shuttergirl, gorgeous! What a great memory saver from your trip.

Do you mind me asking how you did it? Which program you put the photos together like that?

aussietravellers - its a program that you run through Photoshop called Moirai Compositor.

You just open it in photoshop, select the images you would like for that page, it loads them in and then gives you 4-12 page layout options to choose from.

I found it really easy to use but it would depend on your experience with using photoshop etc. I wouldn't go out and buy special software to do it though. You can go to Memento and other online printing companies and they provide software for free.

P.S. I tried to leave a comment on your blog earlier in the week and it wouldn't load. Is your blog able to receive comments? Is it just me being an idiot :rotfl:

this is fabulous and brings back so many memories of our trip... i think i'm going to have to create one to share with family & friends :)

Great pics!

I love NY - Haven't been there since 2000 though. Have a work trip taking me close in October and thinking of spending a couple of days there before meeting up with my family on the West coast for our holiday.

:love: your photo book it's amazing what a great time you guys will have reminiscing with it over the years to come.

Thanks everyone. I really do think this will be something to treasure. I'm thinking I might have 2 printed, one for each child but will see.

Looks fab! I love it. It was nice looking through photos from your trip. brought back memories for me from reading your trip report. :) Like I forgot you had a Pop/WL split stay, then I seen it in your siggie. :rotfl:

Love your photos, Shuttergirl!

They bring back lots of memories of our trips - I showed the Bubba Gump Times Square photos to DS, he loved them :-)
We are huge Bubba Gump fans and have eaten at one of their restaurants on every trip - planning to eat at Bubba Gump New Orleans in September :)

I'll have to download the software too - looks like fun to play around with! I'm into traditional scrapbooking and do an album for every holiday - just love going back and reliving the memories :cloud9:

Andona

I love photo books. I used momento for my wedding album and it's my favouritest thing ever! I downloaded the program for my MIL to use as well, and it's incredibly easy to use - same as yours, it gives you several options you can choose from, but still MIL had to drag me in to show me every page and boast that it all looks so good because of how creative she is... :rolleyes: Mother in laws... Sheesh... :laughing:

Any hoo, I limited myself to 100 pages with my album, or else I would have just kept going and going and going... :rotfl:

Yours looks amazing though! I feel it's really hard to tell yourself to stop, because there's always just one more photo you want to add...

those shots are really cool. I love the look of New York. We are planning to go there next year.Looking at those shots our kids will be the same age as yours were(maybe a bit younger). The way all the photos are done in the one glance is awesome, what a great way to view them.

Regards Steve (Karlie's Husband)

Looks fab! I love it. It was nice looking through photos from your trip. brought back memories for me from reading your trip report. :) Like I forgot you had a Pop/WL split stay, then I seen it in your siggie. :rotfl:

I totally loved doing that split stay, the perfect combo. Glad you came on the trip down memory lane with me

Love your photos, Shuttergirl!

They bring back lots of memories of our trips - I showed the Bubba Gump Times Square photos to DS, he loved them :-)
We are huge Bubba Gump fans and have eaten at one of their restaurants on every trip - planning to eat at Bubba Gump New Orleans in September :)

I'll have to download the software too - looks like fun to play around with! I'm into traditional scrapbooking and do an album for every holiday - just love going back and reliving the memories :cloud9:

Andona

Ahhhh Bumba Gumps - my favourite. I think I may have encourage/nagged anyone going on a trip here in the DIS to try the mahi mahi :rotfl2:. They should seriously give me a commission I have talked that place up so much.

I love photo books. I used momento for my wedding album and it's my favouritest thing ever! I downloaded the program for my MIL to use as well, and it's incredibly easy to use - same as yours, it gives you several options you can choose from, but still MIL had to drag me in to show me every page and boast that it all looks so good because of how creative she is... :rolleyes: Mother in laws... Sheesh... :laughing:

Any hoo, I limited myself to 100 pages with my album, or else I would have just kept going and going and going... :rotfl:

Yours looks amazing though! I feel it's really hard to tell yourself to stop, because there's always just one more photo you want to add...

Hehehe, you do feel like you are being clever when you use the software. I completely agree with her. :lmao:.

I think my book will be 100 pages in the end. 50+ image pages and there will be something similar in journalling pages. I'm trying to sift through the journalling and cut it down a bit but I love that it was written in so much detail for all my Dis buddies even if it did have me talking far too much about blistered feet, every course of every meal :rotfl:, what we were buying and for how much etc :rotfl2:.

TMI for most people - but not for us Disers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter