WORDLE help

123SA

DIS Veteran
How do you print these things? I figured out how to change the layout and use different fonts sizes, but I can't figure out how to print it. Can I make it print at a certain size -- say I want it to fit in a 4x3 space?

Thanks for you help.

How do you print these things? I figured out how to change the layout and use different fonts sizes, but I can't figure out how to print it. Can I make it print at a certain size -- say I want it to fit in a 4x3 space?

Thanks for you help.

That is the part I get stuck at as well. I sure hope someone knows the answer or will at least answer it.

Where are you trying to print to? At the bottom of your wordle you should see a print option:

Then:

Then choose your printer:

I save mine as a pdf because then I can convert it to a .svg file and make the word cuts in SCAL. You can also print it on your photo paper to whatever size you want depending on your printer.

Oh wow! Thanks! My brain was getting fuzzy at the pdf thing, but I'll give it a whirl now that I know that it won't cause my computer to blow up. I have irrational fears that by clicking on something I've never seen before that will happen

In scal -- do you just nudge it together and then weld?

Okay -- tried it. I don't have the adobe PDF as an option. I think I need to save it since it for a swap. Any suggestions?

Without the adobe printer installed, probably the easiest way to save it is to do a print screen and save it in paint. I have done this and it works pretty well. Or you can just print it directly to your paper/cardstock - change the print setup and customize it to whatever size you want it printed on. There might be an easier way but this does work well.

Oooh, how do you convert a PDF into an SVG? I neeeed to know that!

Converting a pdf into an svg: I am sure there must be an easier way but once I have my pdf, I open it up again and then "save as" a .png. That should be one of your options when working with a pdf. (it is a little more than half way down on the drop down box when saving as).

Then open inkscape. Click "open" and the Select File to open box now appears. Make sure you change your file type at the bottom from "All Inkscape Files" to png (*.png) and then point to where ever you have your saved png file. It should open up correctly in inkscape. There you can tweak it how you want, then save it as an svg file and open it up in SCAL. I have used the cricut markers and printed the Wordle Creation on a 12 x 12 cardstock to use as my background paper. It came out pretty neat looking.

It does have an option to open pdf files in inkscape but for some reason with the wordle files, they don't show up for me in inkscape so that is why i take the extra step and convert from a pdf -> png.

In scal -- do you just nudge it together and then weld?

I actually make my changes in inkscape before I convert and save it. Also, with the new version of scal, you can save various layers in inkscape, open it up in SCAL and then break the layers apart if you only want to cut some of the words in a particular color. It is pretty cool. When I printed my wordle on the 12 x 12 cardstock, I was able to break the layers apart so I could have each of the words a different color just like in wordle!

Without the adobe printer installed, probably the easiest way to save it is to do a print screen and save it in paint. I have done this and it works pretty well. Or you can just print it directly to your paper/cardstock - change the print setup and customize it to whatever size you want it printed on. There might be an easier way but this does work well.

Converting a pdf into an svg: I am sure there must be an easier way but once I have my pdf, I open it up again and then "save as" a .png. That should be one of your options when working with a pdf. (it is a little more than half way down on the drop down box when saving as).

Then open inkscape. Click "open" and the Select File to open box now appears. Make sure you change your file type at the bottom from "All Inkscape Files" to png (*.png) and then point to where ever you have your saved png file. It should open up correctly in inkscape. There you can tweak it how you want, then save it as an svg file and open it up in SCAL. I have used the cricut markers and printed the Wordle Creation on a 12 x 12 cardstock to use as my background paper. It came out pretty neat looking.

It does have an option to open pdf files in inkscape but for some reason with the wordle files, they don't show up for me in inkscape so that is why i take the extra step and convert from a pdf -> png.

I actually make my changes in inkscape before I convert and save it. Also, with the new version of scal, you can save various layers in inkscape, open it up in SCAL and then break the layers apart if you only want to cut some of the words in a particular color. It is pretty cool. When I printed my wordle on the 12 x 12 cardstock, I was able to break the layers apart so I could have each of the words a different color just like in wordle!

I have to confess, all of these direction make me think I can't do it. But, you took the time to write this out for me and I very much appreciate it. I am determined to follow your directions and figure this out tonight. My little guy is super tired and will be in bed by 6:30 and then I can really focus on it.

Do you have a photo posted of the 12x12 cricut marker wordle? I'd love to see it!

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

THank you thank you thank you!!!!

I tried your suggestions with no luck - -kept getting some server error thing. Anyway -- I downloaded cutePDF and ghostwriter and installed it and then followed your initial directions. Yippee!!!

:sad1:The celebration started too soon. I think I've got it and now I just have printer issues. I can't get anything to print.

Some errors in printing may be caused by projects still in queue in your active printers.

I had troubles printing at first and then I realized I had items that had already been printed still in queue in my active printers. Clear out any pending projects by opening up all your active printers and make sure nothing is showing, that your printer has no pending documents. This tends to happen a lot when printing to PDF - it is like the computer doesn't want to close out the project even though it may have been printed.

Sometimes firewalls may be the issue as well. Another thing to make sure is that your Java applets are enabled. However, if you can see your wordle creation, then most likely it is enabled correctly.

I would check your printer first to see if you still have items in queue. Click on your "Printers and Faxes" and click on your default printer and open it. There you should see if you still have items listed as pending.

You are so patient! I will try all of that. First, I'll have to get my friend over here to help. THere was a storm and we lost power. Somehow, my printer is no longer networked (is that the right verb?) to my laptop. This has happened before.

THanks again for your help.

General tip for pdf-writing unrelated to scrapbooking. I use it to 'print' to a file every time I do an internet transaction so I have a copy of it. For instance, my new reservation at national for my disney trip is in a pdf file so I don't have to find the paper later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter